Vote YES on DMR Say no to nerf

The DMR is just fine you nerf mongers.

“The range is so long it’s like a sniper rifle”

Hemorrhage on Reach no one complained back then.

AR-Fully automatic close to mid range

BR- Semi automatic mid range with scope

DMR- non automatic mid to long range

It says RANGE when you scope it is intentionally a ranged weapon.

It should be viable at long range, but it shouldn’t be quite as effective as it is currently.

I don’t know what’s wrong with me I couldn’t stand that weapon in Halo Reach in H4 idk it doesn’t bother and I actually use it alot I love it.

Headshots should be the same, lowering the damage it does to bodyshots would be a fair compromise I think.

You literally just made the same thread 30 seconds ago.

My comp -Yoink- on me I didn’t mean too.

i find it funny that one of the votes is insane reticle bloom because your trying to prove a point, honestlly i think the DMR should have reach’s reticle bllom that way it will cause people to not spam it.

> i find it funny that one of the votes is insane reticle bloom because your trying to prove a point, honestlly i think the DMR should have reach’s reticle bllom that way it will cause people to not spam it.

A higher reticle bloom is probably the solution, that way I can still use it in SWAT XD

> I don’t know what’s wrong with me I couldn’t stand that weapon in Halo Reach in H4 idk it doesn’t bother and I actually use it alot I love it.
>
>
> Headshots should be the same, lowering the damage it does to bodyshots would be a fair compromise I think.

  1. If you use it a lot, of course you don’t want it weakened. People wanting to use other weapons do.

  2. No one complained in Reach because there were only three loadout primaries; DMR, AR, and magnum.

The DMR DOES need to be fixed. It shouldn’t be winning every fight at every range.

> The DMR is just fine you nerf mongers.
>
> “The range is so long it’s like a sniper rifle”
>
> Hemorrhage on Reach no one complained back then.
>
> AR-Fully automatic close to mid range
>
> BR- Semi automatic mid range with scope
>
> DMR- non automatic mid to long range
>
>
> It says RANGE when you scope it is intentionally a ranged weapon.

You really cannot bring Hemorrhage and Reach into this for a couple reasons. Also you just are wrong.
1)Reach had unscope and uncrouch when shot which limited long range DMR effectiveness if shot.
2)Everyone had a DMR back then and the loadouts were fixed. Now it is entirely custom and there are at least 4 other weapons that can be used, but the DMR can overpower them at all their respective niches.
3)Hemorrhage was HUGE compared to any H4 map. A sniper could safely snipe across Hemorrhage without getting picked off by DMR’s unlike Valhalla now.
4)The DMR ACTUALLY HAD BLOOM AND REQUIRED SKILL AND PACING TO BE ACCURATE IN REACH! IN 4 IT IS SUCH A SPAMMERS WEAPON!
5)The DMR can beat a BR up close easy and even an AR up close given some good strafe and jumping, which isn’t fair to those weapons considering they can’t come close to beating the DMR at long range.
6)The auto-aim and hitboxes in 4 are so much bigger than in Reach.
7)The BR recoils more than the DMR when shot even though the DMR is a precision weapon with a larger zoom, does that make sense?
8)Should a 3X scope weapon be able to compete with a 5X or 10X zoom sniper at the sniper’s range? NO, yet the DMR STILL DOES THIS!
9)The BR needs to hit 12 shots to drop shields(4 bursts) which hardly ever happens perfectly. The DMR just needs 4 hits which is much greater given no spread and aim assist.

I could go on, but I feel I already crushed your argument into the ground. Feel free to comment if you want me to prove you wrong any more :slight_smile:

Why did you post this twice?

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst151015_Vote-YES-on-DMR.aspx

The DMR sucks close range compared to the battle rifle. just because some people are better at aiming than others and consistently kill you close range with it doesn’t mean its overpowered it just means you should aim better. I like flinch, because if you were concentrating on aiming and someone SHOT you, would you just be like nah man that bullet didn’t break my concentration at ALL? I don’t think so. There are much bigger issues than the difference between guns, that are balanced but require a different level of skill to use. I enjoy this game, it brings much more to the table and all I can hear is how people would rather have less on the plate. If you were starving and I offered you more food would you complain? I really don’t think so. Please bear with 343, I can see them working hard to sort out all the complaints and trying to find the real issues, but senseless bickering over two different classes of weapons doesn’t help.

> The DMR sucks close range compared to the battle rifle. just because some people are better at aiming than others and consistently kill you close range with it doesn’t mean its overpowered it just means you should aim better. <mark>I like flinch, because if you were concentrating on aiming and someone SHOT you, would you just be like nah man that bullet didn’t break my concentration at ALL?</mark> I don’t think so. There are much bigger issues than the difference between guns, that are balanced but require a different level of skill to use. I enjoy this game, it brings much more to the table and all I can hear is how people would rather have less on the plate. If you were starving and I offered you more food would you complain? I really don’t think so. Please bear with 343, I can see them working hard to sort out all the complaints and trying to find the real issues, but senseless bickering over two different classes of weapons doesn’t help.

Game =/= Real life.

> > The DMR is just fine you nerf mongers.
> >
> > “The range is so long it’s like a sniper rifle”
> >
> > Hemorrhage on Reach no one complained back then.
> >
> > AR-Fully automatic close to mid range
> >
> > BR- Semi automatic mid range with scope
> >
> > DMR- non automatic mid to long range
> >
> >
> > It says RANGE when you scope it is intentionally a ranged weapon.
>
> You really cannot bring Hemorrhage and Reach into this for a couple reasons. Also you just are wrong.
> 1)Reach had unscope and uncrouch when shot which limited long range DMR effectiveness if shot.
> 2)Everyone had a DMR back then and the loadouts were fixed. Now it is entirely custom and there are at least 4 other weapons that can be used, but the DMR can overpower them at all their respective niches.
> 3)Hemorrhage was HUGE compared to any H4 map. A sniper could safely snipe across Hemorrhage without getting picked off by DMR’s unlike Valhalla now.
> 4)The DMR ACTUALLY HAD BLOOM AND REQUIRED SKILL AND PACING TO BE ACCURATE IN REACH! IN 4 IT IS SUCH A SPAMMERS WEAPON!
> 5)The DMR can beat a BR up close easy and even an AR up close given some good strafe and jumping, which isn’t fair to those weapons considering they can’t come close to beating the DMR at long range.
> 6)The auto-aim and hitboxes in 4 are so much bigger than in Reach.
> 7)The BR recoils more than the DMR when shot even though the DMR is a precision weapon with a larger zoom, does that make sense?
> 8)Should a 3X scope weapon be able to compete with a 5X or 10X zoom sniper at the sniper’s range? NO, yet the DMR STILL DOES THIS!
> 9)The BR needs to hit 12 shots to drop shields(4 bursts) which hardly ever happens perfectly. The DMR just needs 4 hits which is much greater given no spread and aim assist.
>
> I could go on, but I feel I already crushed your argument into the ground. Feel free to comment if you want me to prove you wrong any more :slight_smile:

We’ll see what the polls say suckerfish, my country voted for a black guy. I agree the Br should have no recoil on it though.

> The DMR sucks close range compared to the battle rifle. just because some people are better at aiming than others and consistently kill you close range with it doesn’t mean its overpowered it just means you should aim better. I like flinch, because if you were concentrating on aiming and someone SHOT you, would you just be like nah man that bullet didn’t break my concentration at ALL? I don’t think so. There are much bigger issues than the difference between guns, that are balanced but require a different level of skill to use. I enjoy this game, it brings much more to the table and all I can hear is how people would rather have less on the plate. If you were starving and I offered you more food would you complain? I really don’t think so. Please bear with 343, I can see them working hard to sort out all the complaints and trying to find the real issues, but senseless bickering over two different classes of weapons doesn’t help.

1)Just because they beat you doesn’t mean they aimed better. We all know Halo 4 isn’t region locked which can get laggy which can deny kills, and also there is the matter of the huge aim assist. So no, they do not always aim better than you.
2)Given the fact that this GAME is set 500 years in the FUTURE and we are all SUPER SOLDIERS WITH ENERGY SHIELDS. I honestly think there should not be a flinch because like I said SUPER SOLDIERS WITH SHIELDS THAT ABSORB DAMAGE! That is the point of the shield isn’t it? Also if you support flinch then at least give the DMR more flinch than the BR. A marksman weapon should flinch more because of the higher zoom, it only makes sense…

> The DMR is just fine you nerf mongers.
>
> “The range is so long it’s like a sniper rifle”
>
> <mark>Hemorrhage on Reach no one complained back then.</mark>
>
> AR-Fully automatic close to mid range
>
> BR- Semi automatic mid range with scope
>
> DMR- non automatic mid to long range
>
>
> It says RANGE when you scope it is intentionally a ranged weapon.

LOLOLOLOL troll is a troll

Hemorrhage was terrible. Without a doubt, the worst map in Reach. I don’t know what game you were playing, but being teamshotted as soon as you left your base and vehicles lasting 3 seconds (the same crap we’re dealing with now) wasn’t fun at all, and it isn’t fun now. Unless you like repetitive gameplay in which you kill people who have no chance of doing anything to stop you.

> > The DMR is just fine you nerf mongers.
> >
> > “The range is so long it’s like a sniper rifle”
> >
> > <mark>Hemorrhage on Reach no one complained back then.</mark>
> >
> > AR-Fully automatic close to mid range
> >
> > BR- Semi automatic mid range with scope
> >
> > DMR- non automatic mid to long range
> >
> >
> > It says RANGE when you scope it is intentionally a ranged weapon.
>
> LOLOLOLOL troll is a troll
>
>
>
> Hemorrhage was terrible. Without a doubt, the worst map in Reach. I don’t know what game you were playing, but being teamshotted as soon as you left your base and vehicles lasting 3 seconds (the same crap we’re dealing with now) wasn’t fun at all, and it isn’t fun now. Unless you like repetitive gameplay in which you kill people who have no chance of doing anything to stop you.

Hemorrhage was the best map in reach, it was a remake you -Yoink-.

> > > The DMR is just fine you nerf mongers.
> > >
> > > “The range is so long it’s like a sniper rifle”
> > >
> > > Hemorrhage on Reach no one complained back then.
> > >
> > > AR-Fully automatic close to mid range
> > >
> > > BR- Semi automatic mid range with scope
> > >
> > > DMR- non automatic mid to long range
> > >
> > >
> > > It says RANGE when you scope it is intentionally a ranged weapon.
> >
> > You really cannot bring Hemorrhage and Reach into this for a couple reasons. Also you just are wrong.
> > 1)Reach had unscope and uncrouch when shot which limited long range DMR effectiveness if shot.
> > 2)Everyone had a DMR back then and the loadouts were fixed. Now it is entirely custom and there are at least 4 other weapons that can be used, but the DMR can overpower them at all their respective niches.
> > 3)Hemorrhage was HUGE compared to any H4 map. A sniper could safely snipe across Hemorrhage without getting picked off by DMR’s unlike Valhalla now.
> > 4)The DMR ACTUALLY HAD BLOOM AND REQUIRED SKILL AND PACING TO BE ACCURATE IN REACH! IN 4 IT IS SUCH A SPAMMERS WEAPON!
> > 5)The DMR can beat a BR up close easy and even an AR up close given some good strafe and jumping, which isn’t fair to those weapons considering they can’t come close to beating the DMR at long range.
> > 6)The auto-aim and hitboxes in 4 are so much bigger than in Reach.
> > 7)The BR recoils more than the DMR when shot even though the DMR is a precision weapon with a larger zoom, does that make sense?
> > 8)Should a 3X scope weapon be able to compete with a 5X or 10X zoom sniper at the sniper’s range? NO, yet the DMR STILL DOES THIS!
> > 9)The BR needs to hit 12 shots to drop shields(4 bursts) which hardly ever happens perfectly. The DMR just needs 4 hits which is much greater given no spread and aim assist.
> >
> > I could go on, but I feel I already crushed your argument into the ground. Feel free to comment if you want me to prove you wrong any more :slight_smile:
>
> We’ll see what the polls say suckerfish, my country voted for a black guy. I agree the Br should have no recoil on it though.

One that was completely off-topic, and a poll of so far 28 people is not how the hundreds of thousands playing Halo 4 feel, it is a snapshot, plus given your thread title, all the DMR lovers probably rushed to vote keep it the same…

All your points were valid. Your argument about Br having 12 shots and DMR 4 isn’t a good one though, I mean how many bullets does the Saw have before it fells an enemy. Your standards are based in reality and this is where you fail.

The DMR kicks -Yoink-, that’s what you are upset about and to me that is ridiculous.

> > The DMR sucks close range compared to the battle rifle. just because some people are better at aiming than others and consistently kill you close range with it doesn’t mean its overpowered it just means you should aim better. I like flinch, because if you were concentrating on aiming and someone SHOT you, would you just be like nah man that bullet didn’t break my concentration at ALL? I don’t think so. There are much bigger issues than the difference between guns, that are balanced but require a different level of skill to use. I enjoy this game, it brings much more to the table and all I can hear is how people would rather have less on the plate. If you were starving and I offered you more food would you complain? I really don’t think so. Please bear with 343, I can see them working hard to sort out all the complaints and trying to find the real issues, but senseless bickering over two different classes of weapons doesn’t help.
>
> 1)Just because they beat you doesn’t mean they aimed better. <mark>We all know Halo 4 isn’t region locked which can get laggy which can deny kills, and also there is the matter of the huge aim assist. So no, they do not always aim better than you.</mark>
> 2)Given the fact that this GAME is set 500 years in the FUTURE and we are all SUPER SOLDIERS WITH ENERGY SHIELDS. I honestly think <mark>there should not be a flinch because like I said SUPER SOLDIERS WITH SHIELDS THAT ABSORB DAMAGE!</mark> That is the point of the shield isn’t it? Also if you support flinch then at least give the DMR more flinch than the BR. A marksman weapon should flinch more because of the higher zoom, it only makes sense…

1.Yes, this is true. But even in good games the issue of players just being bad exists. Though I hate that you can’t toggle that crappy auto aim assist.

2.So, basically you want a game where you are comparable to an unflinching uncaring war god and nothing can stop you? Where none stand in your path? Even the master chief flinches, he isn’t invincible. The “flinching” is a balancing tool. Though, as far as that goes I do feel that the DMR should flinch more. But flinch is based off the damage of the bullets hitting you, not the gun you are scoped with.

the problem with the dmr is that it is a mid-long range weapon and yet it can very easily beat the other weapons at close range. although this can be annoying i find that i get more annoyed at my automatic primary weapon losing to a secondary weapons Secondary function.