Vote to Kick!

I was watching the IGN Livestream, and they just said that there is the option to “Vote to boot.” This should help the betraying for power weapon and AFK problem tremendously, why didn’t we think of this before?

Because it can easily be abused by a team that has a majority of the members in one party.

That’s Stupid (My Opinion)… That may solve the Problems with the AFK-Guys but what if the Person is just bad or far 2 good and get a boot? That wouldn’t be really funny for those…

> I was watching the IGN Livestream, and they just said that there is the option to “Vote to boot.” <mark>This should help the betraying for power weapon</mark> and AFK problem tremendously, why didn’t we think of this before?

Yeah, why betray for the power weapon when you can just get your team to kick the guy for the weapon!

oh no, oh hell no!

Oh no, lol in Far Cry 2 I was always booted by my teammates for being at the top.

I hate vote to kick. If you’re a good player you’re screwed over by jelly donuts. Then again I’ll be with a group of friends most of the time.

It’s the times I’m by myself it’s gonna suck.

Wow this is gonna be annoying as -Yoink-. I can already see it now, you grab the sniper and someone gets mad bro because they didn’t get it and votes to kick you and some -Yoinks!- decide to vote just because the options there and you’re -Yoinking!- booted. Or your carrying your team and some noob on your team who is not contributing to the game at hand what so ever votes to kick you and for whatever reason a few other people from the team vote and your -Yoinking!- booted. Just like -Yoinking!- left 4 dead. Bull. -Yoinking!-. -Yoink-.

> > I was watching the IGN Livestream, and they just said that there is the option to “Vote to boot.” <mark>This should help the betraying for power weapon</mark> and AFK problem tremendously, why didn’t we think of this before?
>
> Yeah, why betray for the power weapon when you can just get your team to kick the guy for the weapon!

That’s true, but I’m sure they have some sort of safeguard in effect. Maybe you must have at least 1 betrayal in your current game’s record to be voted to be kicked? And for the AFKs, they have ways to tell if you’re AFK, that’s how they reset all those people in Reach. Maybe using that it will enable the boot.

And wouldn’t it make sense if you could only boot people on your team? Although I suppose if you were allowed to boot enemy players, your team could only ever be half, so really good players shouldn’t have to worry too much.

This won’t end well.

Vote to kick systems can be abused horribly if some players don’t get their way, or just want to troll. The system should only be available to use in game if you have been betrayed at least twice by the same person, or if that person has been away from their controller for 1 minute. Even if they might have rubber bands to try and cheat out of it, it should still be detected as AFC, as I believe in the past it was possible to detect rubber banded controllers to avoid AFC detection. Maybe then it might be fairer.

The option to vote to Boot should only be available after a teammate betrayal. Otherwise, it’ll just turn into a L4D boot fest.

hopefully they can modify it post-launch

Not liking this. As others have stated, people at the top who aren’t in a party, people who get power weapons, and people that are just not liked will get kicked. Back during BF: 2142 on the PC I was always kicked just because I was doing better than others. I hope this feature doesn’t get abused.

You know, I don’t trust IGN on giving correct info so I’ll wait till I see this officially.

Uh oh…

Giving a community such as this one a Vote to Boot option could be potentially disastrous.

I hope 343 treads lightly.

Pre order canceled

If it was any other game vote to kick works. Most of the time it works for the pc. But seeing as Halo has little children that want it their way I can see it being a problem. I just hope that people are smart and don’t just click yes to get rid of the option.

@shirayuki

not sure if serious…