Vote system?

So when are we going to see a vote system, such as the halo 3 veto system or the halo 4 system. pretty sick of playing SWAT and getting magnums every time or getting the same map 3 games in a row. Please put something in, i don’t understand why it wasn’t done right away.

I don’t think it’s an oversight. Everything I’ve read suggests that they won’t have a voting system.

> 2533274862181038;2:
> I don’t think it’s an oversight. Everything I’ve read suggests that they won’t have a voting system.

i forgave them for taking away split screen(kinda) got past the change to the radar system but seriously? The voting system is a huge thing for me, i miss the classic halo 3 veto system more than anything.

Voting was pointless if you wanted any kind of variety. Once they add more maps and game-modes to each of the playlists, it’ll be less likely you get the same game repeatedly.

> 2533274908104712;4:
> Voting was pointless if you wanted any kind of variety. Once they add more maps and game-modes to each of the playlists, it’ll be less likely you get the same game repeatedly.

all i’m saying is i play swat to play with the br not the magnum, i enjoy the magnum swat once in a while but 4 times out of 6 games is just plain annoying

Voting always takes away map variety. Much better if the background calculations, etc. figure out on the fly which maps and variants of the game type selected have come up for each player during their play sessions and ensure it stays as random as possible for most people in the playlist.

Voting just had the same 3 maps coming up over and over again in past games.

If you want complete control and to have a specific map and gametype, that is what custom games with your friends are for.

> 2533274908104712;4:
> Voting was pointless if you wanted any kind of variety. Once they add more maps and game-modes to each of the playlists, it’ll be less likely you get the same game repeatedly.

But in a gamemode like SWAT for example, you have only 2 gamemodes (SWAT and SWATNUMS). So that’s a 50% chance of getting one or the other. Knowing that, it makes no sense to me why you get SWATNUMS 8 times in a row in that playlist. I guess you could argue that voting would cause the same thing (it does in MCC) but maybe they just need to fix the way the game selects map/gamemode. Because I’m really sick of playing SWATNUMS on Orion.

I wish they would but it doesn’t really upset me much. Just sux playing the same map 4 games in a row sometimes.

Voting always went for the same 3 maps anyway. I’d rather get forced to play a map where no one is comfortable rather than play where everyone likes going. Makes you actually aware of the game.

> 2533274822572910;7:
> > 2533274908104712;4:
> > Voting was pointless if you wanted any kind of variety. Once they add more maps and game-modes to each of the playlists, it’ll be less likely you get the same game repeatedly.
>
>
> But in a gamemode like SWAT for example, you have only 2 gamemodes (SWAT and SWATNUMS). So that’s a 50% chance of getting one or the other. Knowing that, it makes no sense to me why you get SWATNUMS 8 times in a row in that playlist. I guess you could argue that voting would cause the same thing (it does in MCC) but maybe they just need to fix the way the game selects map/gamemode. Because I’m really sick of playing SWATNUMS on Orion.

exactly!

> 2533274817492720;5:
> > 2533274908104712;4:
> > Voting was pointless if you wanted any kind of variety. Once they add more maps and game-modes to each of the playlists, it’ll be less likely you get the same game repeatedly.
>
>
> all i’m saying is i play swat to play with the br not the magnum, i enjoy the magnum swat once in a while but 4 times out of 6 games is just plain annoying

I personally hate magnum swat and I dread it every time it comes up. I could understand not allowing votes for a map but no vote or choice for game variant is pretty annoying to me. people shouldnt be forced to play a variant they dont like

i respect everyone’s opinion on this but end of the day it seems like the people are split behind this decision

you can’t do anything about it only 343 can
go play some warzone :slight_smile:

I absolutely was disgusted by Map Choice. If you ever wanted to play what you wanted to play, just bring a full team, you’d always win the voting in the end. That broke the game for me pretty hard. I still played, but I wasn’t having nearly as much fun playing the exact same map with the exact same setup. Cold Storage got REAL old.

Side note, out of my 3 Swat games, I’ve never once played magnums. It’s a 50% chance, they flipped a coin. The odds are 50%, but that’s just a simple guess into probability, (seems that on a coin it’s actually a bit different). However, you’re just getting more ‘Heads’ tosses than you are ‘Tails’ tosses. It happens.

I like the rotational system better than votes. I was pleased when I heard about the change.

> 2533274821977927;14:
> I absolutely was disgusted by Map Choice. If you ever wanted to play what you wanted to play, just bring a full team, you’d always win the voting in the end. That broke the game for me pretty hard. I still played, but I wasn’t having nearly as much fun playing the exact same map with the exact same setup. Cold Storage got REAL old.
>
> Side note, out of my 3 Swat games, I’ve never once played magnums. It’s a 50% chance, they flipped a coin. The odds are 50%, but that’s just a simple guess into probability, (seems that on a coin it’s actually a bit different). However, you’re just getting more ‘Heads’ tosses than you are ‘Tails’ tosses. It happens.

even along those lines though, we should be allowed to choose whether we want BRs or Magnums or DMRs. it makes no sense to have the game mode a random draw. if anything they should be distinct choices offered before going into a queue. if I pick SWAT I want SWAT, not SWATNUMS. Map choice I agree with random assignment but game mode no

I am glad that they removed map voting. A little variety is a good thing, and people tended to always choose the same thing over and over. It was why I quit even trying the last few games MP.