Vote Now: Unlock Specializations via Update?

I decided to post a thread straight to the point via the title. I personally already have my specializations unlocked, but can understand why so many people on here are frustrated/upset.

Someone from another thread suggested that the specializations be unlocked via update rather than email. Feel free to post your thoughts about this. In time the emails will come, but would this be easier for everyone if 343 decided to release an update?

Yes yes and oh god yes.

Yes, just release the specs for EVERYONE(even the people who didn’t play the game before the 20th AND the people who are Europe and UK based).

It’s the only fair way to handle this situation.

Indeed it would be, but it will probably be set to “free DLC” at some point with people pointed towards downloading it from the ingame Xbox live menu. Though tbh it should never have come down to this. This is a sausage-jockey move and I normally would never say this but; Whomever came up with this idea and whomever agreed it should be implemented should really be fired. Its caused a HUGE amount of negative press and general player disatisfaction across the board. Thats the kind of thing that really cuts in to unit sales profits and can seriously impact a titles longievity and future earning potential from DLC content.

Because then they have false advertising for the LE.

-Yoink- the LE owners. You got your time in the spotlight. You got your behind the scenes stuff. You got your special game case.

> -Yoink!- the LE owners. You got your time in the spotlight. You got your behind the scenes stuff. You got your special game case.

Doesn’t matter, you can’t advertise something and then not do it. That is unless you wana get the -Yoink- sued out of you.

Fair enough. lol

@ Xx R37h1nk: Already edited before you decided to post.

> > -Yoink!- the LE owners. You got your time in the spotlight. You got your behind the scenes stuff. You got your special game case.
>
> Doesn’t matter, you can’t advertise something and then not do it. That is unless you wana get the Yoink! sued out of you.

We were also advertised a specialization email, whilst they decided to leave out the fact that it would be sent to an old email that may no longer exist, and you have to have allowed microsoft to send marketing emails.

Not only that, but they aren’t resending them. Either way, they are probably going to be sued.

If they only gave it to the people who played BEFORE November 20, why didn’t they just push an update ON November 20 and not wait until December 1st and send an email?

343 Logic -_-

The emails will come. Just have to try and be patient.

Been patient, already irritated.

> -Yoink!- the LE owners. You got your time in the spotlight. You got your behind the scenes stuff. You got your special game case.

Yeah dude…

You think you’re more deserving than anyone else? Get over yourself…we paid for early access, you can wait for your turn. If you are going to be so upset about it, you should have bought the LE.

Honestly, I don’t see why your so mad about something that is a direct result of your choice.

They need an update. The email idea was so terrible.

> > -Yoink!- the LE owners. You got your time in the spotlight. You got your behind the scenes stuff. You got your special game case.
>
> Yeah dude…
>
> You think you’re more deserving than anyone else? Get over yourself…we paid for early access, you can wait for your turn. If you are going to be so upset about it, you should have bought the LE.
>
> Honestly, I don’t see why your so mad about something that is a direct result of your choice.

yeah and the LE users have already have had early access, now it’s our turn. And, since you have said you are a LE user, why aren’t you out playing Halo 4?

Im a LE owner, and I believe that it should be released via update, other wise the life span of this game and it’s sales will deminish extremely fast.

Got and used my code today, still think its stupid that anyone should have to wait till level 50+ to unlock a perk. Especially since some of them act as hard counters to other things in the game.

They should really put the specializations into the next update if for nothing else to appease the mass of people who will not receive the email.

>
> Doesn’t matter, you can’t advertise something and then not do it. That is unless you wana get the Yoink! sued out of you.

Except for the part where they delivered on what was advertised, you got early access to the specializations, never said anything about how long.