Voridus tips

Every once in a while someone will use voridus and make it look so easys and make it look so easy. He seems like such a cool leader but I’m having trouble figuring an effective style of play with him. If anyone has any advice or tips to keep in mind when playing voridus it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

#1 tip
ALWATS get your grenadiers close so they do damage as AoE when they die. Grenadiers exsplode twice at half health and at zero health so utilize this.

#2 tip
If play on Fissure as 1v1 voridus, spam grunts and send them directlty to the base. You deal extra damage to building being built which means you can spam grunts when needed faster. If it turns out Shrapnel will help, upgrade immediately without upgrading your gen. Dont get Combat Spoils II as it will hardly help and get Gren drop. Drop in front of base so newly built units take damage. If you start getting control of his base, you can respectively take both minis and gather supplies with a few other grunts.

#3 tip
Utilize infusion as much as possible. It might not seem like much but it actually deals lots of damage to units. The only way to avoid this great long lasting pools of death is to stay out of it and make sure they cant. This also debuffs their units armour and speed as well. Only Colony’s Combat Tech truely negates infusion so burn infusion as much as possible during and sometime before. You can also use infusion to give you a great escape route as they risk damage and even Cata.

#4 tip
Cataclysm is Voridus’s one and only nuke, so use it wisely. Getting Malstrom to lock a army on cata is a excellent way to use cata at it’s fullest but it is not always available so his Hero’s Y ability can follow their army or use vertex on their path and even his engineers’ Y ability will help. Ensure non can escape before EVER using it.

Here is a Voridus vs Cutter I had with Almirante.

While here I open Hero/grunt, another good opener is grunt/engie/JPB. I also just tested the new patch Voridus with LargoPancake and he seems very very strong. Grenadiers actually kill infantry. So once the patch hits, be sure to build a few of those as well. Take note of my LP progression (avoid the mine, and only get infusion wake after Cata, bc it sucks without Cata active.) CS, gren drop, invig, drop, cata, infusion wake, is pretty much how I play it every game. For a bit I was experimenting with CS, CS II, but now that Grenadiers are actually good the gren drop is too good to pass up on.

What I like to do is get out 3 JPBs once I have my raid camp and then send it to one of their minis while I continue clearing nodes. It gets me resources and distracts them simultaneously. Always get your Hero out as soon as you can once you’re on T2, as he is invaluable. Besides gren drop and any engies you might have, he is your source of goo. Before engaging an army, make sure to use his Y ability and then run in with him at the head of the charge. Activate invig and you get a nice buff.

Also, the infused Scarab is an amazing unit that you cannot forget you have at your disposal. With CS, it’s much easier to afford, and once it comes out it gets goo everywhere, laying the groundwork for an inescapable Cataclysm. When I get it out I like to also produce a lot of engies, as the healing from invig isn’t quite as reliable as actual healing units.

If you have any questions, I can answer them.

A small tip for a quick response against late game armies as Voridus:
Drop grenadiers in the middle of the army, then activate maelstrom and cataclysm immediately. You have to be very quick, but it can seriously wreck even full pop armies and is especially helpful for dealing with mass air blobs in team games.

> 2533274830489835;3:
> Here is a Voridus vs Cutter I had with Almirante.
>
> While here I open Hero/grunt, another good opener is grunt/engie/JPB. I also just tested the new patch Voridus with LargoPancake and he seems very very strong. Grenadiers actually kill infantry. So once the patch hits, be sure to build a few of those as well. Take note of my LP progression (avoid the mine, and only get infusion wake after Cata, bc it sucks without Cata active.) CS, gren drop, invig, drop, cata, infusion wake, is pretty much how I play it every game. For a bit I was experimenting with CS, CS II, but now that Grenadiers are actually good the gren drop is too good to pass up on.
>
> What I like to do is get out 3 JPBs once I have my raid camp and then send it to one of their minis while I continue clearing nodes. It gets me resources and distracts them simultaneously. Always get your Hero out as soon as you can once you’re on T2, as he is invaluable. Besides gren drop and any engies you might have, he is your source of goo. Before engaging an army, make sure to use his Y ability and then run in with him at the head of the charge. Activate invig and you get a nice buff.
>
> Also, the infused Scarab is an amazing unit that you cannot forget you have at your disposal. With CS, it’s much easier to afford, and once it comes out it gets goo everywhere, laying the groundwork for an inescapable Cataclysm. When I get it out I like to also produce a lot of engies, as the healing from invig isn’t quite as reliable as actual healing units.
>
> If you have any questions, I can answer them.

What’s this new patch you speak of? Was it dropped this morning because i played last night and there wasn’t any patch.
Edit OK never mind i got tunnel vision i read that totally wrong, After reading i tested the new patch i didn’t read the rest and just assumed it was out haha.
BTW have you heard a time frame of when this patch is supposed to drop?

> 2533274803295614;5:
> > 2533274830489835;3:
> > Here is a Voridus vs Cutter I had with Almirante.
> >
> > While here I open Hero/grunt, another good opener is grunt/engie/JPB. I also just tested the new patch Voridus with LargoPancake and he seems very very strong. Grenadiers actually kill infantry. So once the patch hits, be sure to build a few of those as well. Take note of my LP progression (avoid the mine, and only get infusion wake after Cata, bc it sucks without Cata active.) CS, gren drop, invig, drop, cata, infusion wake, is pretty much how I play it every game. For a bit I was experimenting with CS, CS II, but now that Grenadiers are actually good the gren drop is too good to pass up on.
> >
> > What I like to do is get out 3 JPBs once I have my raid camp and then send it to one of their minis while I continue clearing nodes. It gets me resources and distracts them simultaneously. Always get your Hero out as soon as you can once you’re on T2, as he is invaluable. Besides gren drop and any engies you might have, he is your source of goo. Before engaging an army, make sure to use his Y ability and then run in with him at the head of the charge. Activate invig and you get a nice buff.
> >
> > Also, the infused Scarab is an amazing unit that you cannot forget you have at your disposal. With CS, it’s much easier to afford, and once it comes out it gets goo everywhere, laying the groundwork for an inescapable Cataclysm. When I get it out I like to also produce a lot of engies, as the healing from invig isn’t quite as reliable as actual healing units.
> >
> > If you have any questions, I can answer them.
>
> What’s this new patch you speak of? Was it dropped this morning because i played last night and there wasn’t any patch.
> Edit OK never mind i got tunnel vision i read that totally wrong, After reading i tested the new patch i didn’t read the rest and just assumed it was out haha.
> BTW have you heard a time frame of when this patch is supposed to drop?

Supposed to drop sometime within the next week if i remember correctly

> 2533274803295614;5:
> > 2533274830489835;3:
> >
>
> BTW have you heard a time frame of when this patch is supposed to drop?

No clue yet. We haven’t had our hands on the patch very long to provide enough feedback, and as it is I don’t think it should be released. Jerome is far too strong and Scatterbomb put me from 100 pop to 40 even though I tried to moved out of it. I’m sure there are a few other things but I’ve only really had the opportunity to see Voridus, Forge, and Jerome in action.

Oh, and it seems the Deci banshee nerfs were overboard and their siphon is not noticeable at all, whilst the Warlord isn’t siphoning like he’s supposed to either. As of now, it’s definitely not ready.

OH man that’s kool that’s for the update, can you stream when you are playing this patch would love to check it out hehe evil grin :slight_smile:
If not no bid deal too.

> 2533274803295614;8:
> OH man that’s kool that’s for the update, can you stream when you are playing this patch would love to check it out hehe evil grin :slight_smile:
> If not no bid deal too.

Here are my 4 games I played with Largo last night. We went 2-2. The quality on the stream is low which is strange because normally mixer gives me good quality, but It’s watchable I guess. Not the sort of thing I’d upload to YT though.

Today I’m flying out to Denmark, so I can’t tell you when I’ll be able to stream again. I’ll be bringing my PC with me, but obviously most of my time will be spent… Denmarking, rather than playing Halo Wars.

Right on I’ll check them out once I leave work! Enjoy your trip btw.

Tip #1 pick a new leader :wink:
Tip #2 If youre playing deci as vordi just resign #gg
Tip #3 If you do keep playing vordi and lose just say bro I was playing vordi after and then it wont even count.
Tip #4 Say the exact same thing as 3 when you win as well to put sum disrespek on youre opponents name.
Those are the best I can give tbh. Hope youre vordi improves after these champ level tips :wink:

I’ve always found opening with grunts and infused engines works really well, escpecially against Isabel, Cutter, Serina and Decimus.
usually I’m harassing minibases with grunts and engies until around 4 mins, by then I’ll getting my hero out. If I got map control by then and the opponent is expanding I’m either upgrading T2 or attacking depending on their army mixup.
With Voridus it’s pretty much: if you’re going to lose a match, it’ll be mid game, if you’re gonna win a match it’ll be late game (with good teammates that support your attacks) or early game if you catch an expanding enemy off guard.
i like using Voridus because he’s a sustainable early rusher.

Seriously excellent advice guys. I’m excited to use the new grenadiers and really appreciate the details in the response. Thank you!!!