Voices unheard

Title says it all. I love Halo just as much as the next Spartan and whilst my preference for Bungie titles has been expressed in forums in the past I’ve done nothing but hold out hope for 343 and provide constructive criticism as I’ve participated in every Halo beta and a majority of the MCC flights. Yet I see people who signed up a week ago on Insider that received invites. I’m extremely disappointed to be excluded from the flight and upset because I feel my opinion isn’t valued.

No one should be excluded, especially long time Halo Insider members. If I’m excluded from the Infinite flights altogether I’ll have to assume it was intentional and hang the Spartan Helmet up for good. Trolls go ahead and attack me for whatever reason you wish, but no one’s voice should be silenced in shaping this game. Especially long time fans.

People need to be excluded, the servers need to be stress tested gradually.

They read the forums, your opinion is definitely valued. These tests may be more about hardware than anything else, they want to test on a range of systems, regions and PC specs. There may be other criteria but we just don’t know.

You may be added in future flights. Unfortunately not everyone could be included this time around. Please watch YouTube videos, watch the streamers and voice your opinion on what you see.

> 2573485501370683;1:
> No one should be excluded, especially long time Halo Insider members. If I’m excluded from the Infinite flights altogether I’ll have to assume it was intentional and hang the Spartan Helmet up for good… no one’s voice should be silenced in shaping this game. Especially long time fans.

I don’t know what kind of stuff you’ve said before, but this is the first flight, and the future flights will include more players. Then the full game releases for all players. You, and anybody else, are NOT being EXcluded. You’re just not being put into THIS flight.

> 2533274801036271;3:
> They read the forums, your opinion is definitely valued. These tests may be more about hardware than anything else, they want to test on a range of systems, regions and PC specs. There may be other criteria but we just don’t know.
>
> You may be added in future flights. Unfortunately not everyone could be included this time around. Please watch YouTube videos, watch the streamers and voice your opinion on what you see.

Will do, Spartan. Do you have a channel ?

Ya ive been a member forever i assume i got in instantly bc i have the newest hardware. Maybe you have super common specs? Im running the newest i9 with 3090s idk what they need to test on but im happy for now

> 2533274920235193;6:
> Ya ive been a member forever i assume i got in instantly bc i have the newest hardware. Maybe you have super common specs? Im running the newest i9 with 3090s idk what they need to test on but im happy for now

I’m happy you got an invite! I’d love to see the Halo community return to its H3 and Halo Reach days, so the more the merrier! I’m on a series X and no PC. It might be more PC priority this go round, I just NEED to play it before I buy so I’m hoping for a flight invite. Wish me luck!

Like when they first started Insider: “Some at first, then some more, gradually get bigger”. It was like that then, it’s like that now. Not everyone’s going to get in on the first open tests for Infinite, and they’re certainly not excluding you out of spite or anything. If you honestly do think there’s some big conspiracy behind all this though then maybe you may as well hang up your helmet, since this is just how the Insider Program works and it really is largely up to pure luck who gets picked.

That said, “always next time” and there’s always the option of just watching people like say Greenskull or UberNick play the first flight

> 2533274850869596;8:
> Like when they first started Insider: “Some at first, then some more, gradually get bigger”. It was like that then, it’s like that now. Not everyone’s going to get in on the first open tests for Infinite, and they’re certainly not excluding you out of spite or anything. If you honestly do think there’s some big conspiracy behind all this though then maybe you may as well hang up your helmet, since this is just how the Insider Program works and it really is largely up to pure luck who gets picked.

Ok, thanks for the kind words…

> 2573485501370683;1:
> Title says it all. I love Halo just as much as the next Spartan and whilst my preference for Bungie titles has been expressed in forums in the past I’ve done nothing but hold out hope for 343 and provide constructive criticism as I’ve participated in every Halo beta and a majority of the MCC flights. Yet I see people who signed up a week ago on Insider that received invites. I’m extremely disappointed to be excluded from the flight and upset because I feel my opinion isn’t valued.
>
> No one should be excluded, especially long time Halo Insider members. If I’m excluded from the Infinite flights altogether I’ll have to assume it was intentional and hang the Spartan Helmet up for good. Trolls go ahead and attack me for whatever reason you wish, but no one’s voice should be silenced in shaping this game. Especially long time fans.

They’re so incredibly hopeless that they can’t even get this flight to work properly. What makes you think they would be capable of targeting you specifically?

> 2573485501370683;5:
> > 2533274801036271;3:
> >
>
> Will do, Spartan. Do you have a channel ?

I don’t have anything, I’m definitely more of a consumer than a creator.

They are test servers, it’s important for 343 to recognize what systems we are using to collect the necessary data to see what types of graphics cards and pc specs are required to play and what runs best on what. They aren’t always choosing according to who has been here longer but what they need to do more research on to see what they can improve on before launch that is why it is called a test.

> 2535458112714193;10:
> > 2573485501370683;1:
> > Title says it all. I love Halo just as much as the next Spartan and whilst my preference for Bungie titles has been expressed in forums in the past I’ve done nothing but hold out hope for 343 and provide constructive criticism as I’ve participated in every Halo beta and a majority of the MCC flights. Yet I see people who signed up a week ago on Insider that received invites. I’m extremely disappointed to be excluded from the flight and upset because I feel my opinion isn’t valued.
> >
> > No one should be excluded, especially long time Halo Insider members. If I’m excluded from the Infinite flights altogether I’ll have to assume it was intentional and hang the Spartan Helmet up for good. Trolls go ahead and attack me for whatever reason you wish, but no one’s voice should be silenced in shaping this game. Especially long time fans.
>
> They’re so incredibly hopeless that they can’t even get this flight to work properly. What makes you think they would be capable of targeting you specifically?

Ok, that made me laugh.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

grow up dude

> 2535463092448942;12:
> They are test servers, it’s important for 343 to recognize what systems we are using to collect the necessary data to see what types of graphics cards and pc specs are required to play and what runs best on what. They aren’t always choosing according to who has been here longer but what they need to do more research on to see what they can improve on before launch that is why it is called a test.

That makes a lot of sense actually. I’m sure I’ll get a chance to play it before release.

I am 100% certain you are not being specifically excluded. That is not how this works at all. This is the first test of many and its not even against players, just bots. Luckily if you’ve been an insider for a while you’ll very likely get in on the next one! You should try and be less entitled and concerned about these things.

> 2535436624558230;16:
> I am 100% certain you are not being specifically excluded. That is not how this works at all. This is the first test of many and its not even against players, just bots. Luckily if you’ve been an insider for a while you’ll very likely get in on the next one! You should try and be less entitled and concerned about these things.

Demanding to test drive a car before I buy it isn’t being entitled. This is the same thing. Are you not an adult, do you not understand how business works?

> 2573485501370683;1:
> Title says it all. I love Halo just as much as the next Spartan and whilst my preference for Bungie titles has been expressed in forums in the past I’ve done nothing but hold out hope for 343 and provide constructive criticism as I’ve participated in every Halo beta and a majority of the MCC flights. Yet I see people who signed up a week ago on Insider that received invites. I’m extremely disappointed to be excluded from the flight and upset because I feel my opinion isn’t valued.
>
> No one should be excluded, especially long time Halo Insider members. If I’m excluded from the Infinite flights altogether I’ll have to assume it was intentional and hang the Spartan Helmet up for good. Trolls go ahead and attack me for whatever reason you wish, but no one’s voice should be silenced in shaping this game. Especially long time fans.

I don’t think you should worry too much, like others have said they’ll probably have more flights you can apply for with higher capacities. Even if they don’t, Infinite’s multiplayer will be F2P anyways, so either way we’re all going to be able to play the game. Just relax and be patient.

> 2576836393948652;14:
> grow up dude

Hope your day gets better!

> 2573485501370683;17:
> > 2535436624558230;16:
> > I am 100% certain you are not being specifically excluded. That is not how this works at all. This is the first test of many and its not even against players, just bots. Luckily if you’ve been an insider for a while you’ll very likely get in on the next one! You should try and be less entitled and concerned about these things.
>
> Demanding to test drive a car before I buy it isn’t being entitled. This is the same thing. Are you not an adult, do you not understand how business works?

This is the very first technical test of many that have been confirmed to be coming. It’s also been stated that all insiders will get to try the game before it launches. This isn’t a demo trial, its a test for the studio to get feedback. Obviously your not going to be excluded from all flights, and reacting by quitting Halo as a whole would be silly. Stop being an entitled child.