Voice of Agent Locke

It’s not a big news that Mike Colter will be Locke voice, after he played him in Nightfall.
We heared his voice play in Halo 2 A. prologue and epilogue cutscenes, and everytime I watch it, it feels like Colter just read his text,and nothing more, he don’t add more to his role to fill his character with life. I hope you understand me what I’m trying to tell you.
What do you think?

I don’t see how everyone thinks the voice acting is bad. It seems fine to me.

I think the voice acting is pretty good. He sounds confident and focused in the face of alien lizard space samurais. I mean, hearing him speak makes me think he knows exactly what he wants to do.

Sounds fine to me. I think some of the writing needs to be ironed out though.

I think he sounds fine. Besides, how would he add anything more than he could given the situation the character is in?

Now, it seems like I’m the only one with that opinion. :smiley:

I like Colter as Locke.

He did fine by my standards. I could listen to him and Arby read a freaking dictionary and I would be mesmerized.

I think he was actually good in Nightfall, but then again almost everyone else was awful so he may have looked better than he is, but when talking to Rtas or to whomever he was speaking with before the arbiter he did a good job there as well. He was standing his ground against elites who were judging whether or not he was trustworthy. I think he’ll be fine. Now whether or not we get another Captain Del Rio or not is my bigger concern. Really horribly written, overly dramatic, poorly voiced (more likely as an effect of the poor writing) character. I will probably cringe if we get someone else like him.

Hurrr durrr! I did not give you permission to use my video! UNACCEPTABLE!!! I kid of course

I think he sounds alright to be honest, I will judge when I hear him in the actual game though! ^-^

> 2533274831676489;10:
> Hurrr durrr! I did not give you permission to use my video! UNACCEPTABLE!!! I kid of course
>
> I think he sounds alright to be honest, I will judge when I hear him in the actual game though! ^-^

Well your video is one of the best from H2A Pro./Ep. videos so… be happy. :smiley: Anyway you scared me first, but fortunately you kiddin’ :smiley:

To the post, I think Keith David voice is more better than Mike Colter. Probably I need time to accept Locke voice.

To be honest, I’ve never liked Colter’s voice. I mean at all. But that’s just a personal opinion.

I think his voice is too theatrical, cocky and not at all ONI-wise professional. Mainly on this scene right here:

His voice acting doesn’t match the body language. Seriously I can’t understand how people think this is OK. I want to like this character and to be honest I am liking the overall idea they are going for with him. But his voice is just awkward. I feel like I’m listening to a Audio-book, where the reader actually needs to accentuate the questions and exclamation marks. I hope you get what I’m trying to say.

> 2533274814635636;13:
> I think his voice is too theatrical, cocky and not at all ONI-wise professional. Mainly on this scene right here:
>
> Agent Locke & Arbiter Cinematic Cutscenes - Halo: The Master Chief Collection Halo 2: Anniversary - YouTube
>
> His voice acting doesn’t match the body language. Seriously I can’t understand how people think this is OK. I want to like this character and to be honest I am liking the overall idea they are going for with him. But his voice is just awkward. I feel like I’m listening to a Audio-book, where the reader actually needs to accentuate the questions and exclamation marks. I hope you get what I’m trying to say.

I’m just curious as to what a professional ONI voice is supposed to sound lie. You hear cockiness, but I hear someone who sounds confident.

I like him as Locke.
I’m more worried about that dumb triangle tattoo thing on his helmet.
He looks so cool altogether but that detail pisses me off, and I know it’s going to bother me. lol

> 2533274812652989;14:
> > 2533274814635636;13:
> > I think his voice is too theatrical, cocky and not at all ONI-wise professional. Mainly on this scene right here:
> >
> > Agent Locke & Arbiter Cinematic Cutscenes - Halo: The Master Chief Collection Halo 2: Anniversary - YouTube
> >
> > His voice acting doesn’t match the body language. Seriously I can’t understand how people think this is OK. I want to like this character and to be honest I am liking the overall idea they are going for with him. But his voice is just awkward. I feel like I’m listening to a Audio-book, where the reader actually needs to accentuate the questions and exclamation marks. I hope you get what I’m trying to say.
>
>
>
> I’m just curious as to what a professional ONI voice is supposed to sound lie. You hear cockiness, but I hear someone who sounds confident.

Yes he does sound confident, but his tone is the issue here, as I said he’s too theatrical, sounds like an audio-book. I feel more in touch with Del Rio than this character, even though he’s a -Yoink-. Locke is the first voiced Halo character that makes me want to throw my headset out the freaking window, light it on fire and shoot the ashes with a high caliber gun. Palmer is super freaking cocky, I hated her script on Spartan Ops, but her voice acting was crisp, same goes for Del Rio. Well -Yoink-, every voice has been great and in touch with the characters.

His voice acting is fine to me

> 2533274812652989;14:
> > 2533274814635636;13:
> > I think his voice is too theatrical, cocky and not at all ONI-wise professional. Mainly on this scene right here:
> >
> > Agent Locke & Arbiter Cinematic Cutscenes - Halo: The Master Chief Collection Halo 2: Anniversary - YouTube
> >
> > His voice acting doesn’t match the body language. Seriously I can’t understand how people think this is OK. I want to like this character and to be honest I am liking the overall idea they are going for with him. But his voice is just awkward. I feel like I’m listening to a Audio-book, where the reader actually needs to accentuate the questions and exclamation marks. I hope you get what I’m trying to say.
>
>
> I’m just curious as to what a professional ONI voice is supposed to sound lie. You hear cockiness, but I hear someone who sounds confident.

that and most Oni agents are cocky as hell

I like the voice it sounds like a guy if you made him mad he knock you out for it.

> 2533274814635636;16:
> > 2533274812652989;14:
> > > 2533274814635636;13:
> > > I think his voice is too theatrical, cocky and not at all ONI-wise professional. Mainly on this scene right here:
> > >
> > > Agent Locke & Arbiter Cinematic Cutscenes - Halo: The Master Chief Collection Halo 2: Anniversary - YouTube
> > >
> > > His voice acting doesn’t match the body language. Seriously I can’t understand how people think this is OK. I want to like this character and to be honest I am liking the overall idea they are going for with him. But his voice is just awkward. I feel like I’m listening to a Audio-book, where the reader actually needs to accentuate the questions and exclamation marks. I hope you get what I’m trying to say.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > I’m just curious as to what a professional ONI voice is supposed to sound lie. You hear cockiness, but I hear someone who sounds confident.
>
>
> Yes he does sound confident, but his tone is the issue here, as I said he’s too theatrical, sounds like an audio-book. I feel more in touch with Del Rio than this character, even though he’s a -Yoink-. Locke is the first voiced Halo character that makes me want to throw my headset out the freaking window, light it on fire and shoot the ashes with a high caliber gun. Palmer is super freaking cocky, I hated her script on Spartan Ops, but her voice acting was crisp, same goes for Del Rio. Well -Yoink-, every voice has been great and in touch with the characters.

Wow that’s a lot of emotion for a hypothetical, and detail, lol. Don’t think I would ever do that over voice acting of a character.

I thought Del Rio was just hilarious, “GIVE ME THAT CHIP!” with his rat teeth, hahaha lol all my friends and I were lmfao. Then Chief, “No Sir.” Like just go F yourself Captain! Hahaha, maybe it’s even funnier to us because well other reasons, but ya.

Idk, I like his voice acting more than his regular acting lol.