Voice differentiation between Elites and Brutes

I noticed that in the 2020 campaign demo trailer, there was barely any difference between the Elite and Brute voices. Both of them sound almost the same. I know it’s probably not something that can be majorly changed, but perhaps they could put some filters or something on one of them to help differentiate their voices, assuming it can work like that. In Halo 2, Halo 3, and even Reach, one could tell the difference without too much difficulty. Of course, it could just be me not hearing the difference, but they really do sound identical in Infinite. Does anyone else think so too?

I personally liked hearing each race speak in their native language. But for lore reasons I understand that they are dubbed into our language by the Spartan armor framework.

Now that I think about it, it would be really great if 343 gave an option to be able to hear the banished speak in their native language, or dubbed into our language.

So I assume these two points are what you’re talking about, OP?

Elite

Brute

They do sound kind of similar, but I personally can hear a difference.

> 2535406260637191;1:
> I noticed that in the 2020 campaign demo trailer, there was barely any difference between the Elite and Brute voices. Both of them sound almost the same. I know it’s probably not something that can be majorly changed, but perhaps they could put some filters or something on one of them to help differentiate their voices, assuming it can work like that. In Halo 2, Halo 3, and even Reach. one could tell the difference without too much difficulty. Of course, it could just be me not hearing the difference, but they really do sound identical in Infinite. Does anyone else think so too?

Hmmm I noticed that too the second time I watched the trailer.
In halo too the elite voice was much higher picked and brutes sounded like a 90 year old one

> 2533274879757912;3:
> So I assume these two points are what you’re talking about, OP?
>
> EliteBruteThey do sound kind of similar, but I personally can hear a difference.

I suppose there is a minuscule differnece between the voices. It’s pretty much indiscernible, though. And in the two time stamps you’ve listed, if you listen to the sounds made when the Elite and then the Brute get taken out, there’s really no way to tell between them. If those sounds were played randomly, it’s practically impossible that anyone would be able to tell which one is the Elite and which is the Brute. Its not a big deal, of course. I just feel that there could be a bit more noticeable difference between Elite and Brute voices.

I hear a small difference between them and can easily differentiate between the two, I understand what you mean though.

That’s true but it has been years since halo 3 so it makes some sense for them to sound more alike

Unless your counting h wars2

Brutes and Elites have sounded similar throughout the series. The main difference between the 2 is the wording used. Brutes tend to be a tad more aggressive in their word choice such as the usage of “tare” and or combative retorts (a brute in said demo says “you should have protected him” and another says “make me”).

While we did not get to hear elites talk much in the demo, their audio levels sound like elites (more diaphram based instead of throat which Brutes tend to speak with).

> 2535406260637191;5:
> > 2533274879757912;3:
> > So I assume these two points are what you’re talking about, OP?
> >
> > EliteBruteThey do sound kind of similar, but I personally can hear a difference.
>
> I suppose there is a minuscule differnece between the voices. It’s pretty much indiscernible, though. And in the two time stamps you’ve listed, if you listen to the sounds made when the Elite and then the Brute get taken out, there’s really no way to tell between them. If those sounds were played randomly, it’s practically impossible that anyone would be able to tell which one is the Elite and which is the Brute. Its not a big deal, of course. I just feel that there could be a bit more noticeable difference between Elite and Brute voices.

They likely had one person (or perhaps both individuals just sound similar enough?) do the recording as a placeholder for their testing bed and it got used in the preview we got in 2020. Escharum (or however you spell his name) sounds vastly different, but that could be because he’s a stand alone Brute rather than your typical heavy infantry Brute or it could be that (like I mentioned at the start of this post) they’re using placeholders and Escharum (again, spelling?) was the only Brute done to completion for the preview.

Hard to tell until the game comes out, but I can see where you might mesh the two together. As you mentioned, it’s not a big deal because you’ll be killing both indiscriminately anyway, but for threat cause, if Brutes are more of a threat than Elites in one way or another, it would be nice to know based on audio which you will be dealing with if you can’t see them.