VK78 Commando

What the hell is this gun anyways? It is like the Assault Rifle with a crazy recoil; I can’t imagine a marine using this weapon… it would break his shoulder every time it shoots. Seriously, I used it in matchmaking and I thought it was extremely bad, then I used it in the Academy… The only weapon I can’t 3 Stars every training. What do you think of this weapon guys? I think the Skewer is also very bad… it feels like a wanna-be sniper, shooting very slow and recharging very slow.

1 Like

> 2533274834716337;1:
> What the hell is this gun anyways? It is like the Assault Rifle with a crazy recoil; I can’t imagine a marine using this weapon… it would break his shoulder every time it shoots. Seriously, I used it in matchmaking and I thought it was extremely bad, then I used it in the Academy… The only weapon I can’t 3 Stars every training. What do you think of this weapon guys? I think the Skewer is also very bad… it feels like a wanna-be sniper, shooting very slow and recharging very slow.

vk78 feels like a weird fast DMR, idk if youre meant to slowly fire it at range and unload it upclose, and the skewer feels very anti vehicle with rail gun style shooting

Actually its the UNSC version of the Needle rifle(the damage is the same, the semi auto fire and full auto capability) with a 3x reflex sight, 1 less round, and the SMG recoil from Halo 2.

The high damage and low ammo count seams like a fair trade, but missing those few odd shots could determine who wins a gunfight.

it has traditional recoil that lifts the barrel straight up. Learn to counteract this and you can easily remain on-target at-range while going full auto and the way it can melt shields while also headshotting makes it very powerful in the hands of a skilled user

And seriously don’t pretend like you care about the functionality of a halo weapon in the hands of marines. You telling me you think the ODSTs walking around firing the Halo 3 sniper rifle unmounted is good for their shoulders? and you can hand marines a Spartan Laser. A non-linear rifle that literally vents hot gasses directly into your face.

For me it definitely has a sweet spot, and if the guy im shooting at isn’t in that spot I always miss the last shot

> 2533274848663644;6:
> For me it definitely has a sweet spot, and if the guy im shooting at isn’t in that spot I always miss the last shot

It indeed has a certain range at which it excels and seems to shoot flawless but any closer then that it just won’t compete. It probably has a better place in BTB because in arena it’s just outclassed by the AR and sidekick

This thing has recoil?

> 2533274937939153;8:
> This thing has recoil?

an immense amount

> 2533274801924458;9:
> > 2533274937939153;8:
> > This thing has recoil?
>
> an immense amount

weird, I never noticed it. Tbh, I thought it was a beam, but I might just be naturally countering the recoil. Lemme check it rq, I wanna see it

> 2533274801924458;9:
> > 2533274937939153;8:
> > This thing has recoil?
>
> an immense amount

oh wow it does, it’s really easy to control though

This weapon needs more aim assistance…

Gameplay-wise, it seems fine. Lore-wise it seems crazy to consider the in-game behavior of the weapon as canon, because as the OP points out, if a Spartan can’t handle this weapon easily, then imagine what it’s like for anyone else using it.

I’m on MnK and I could see this gun being the meta in MP.

The only trouble I really have with the commando and the S7 Sniper is the force “zoom-out” when you get hit by 1 bullet.

High Recoil and bloom tie that in with low/no aim assist and low/no bullet magnetism and you have a very inconsistent precision weapon .

In fact all the precision weapons except the BR suffer from inconsistanies bloom being the main culprit .

> 2533274952463621;15:
> The only trouble I really have with the commando and the S7 Sniper is the force “zoom-out” when you get hit by 1 bullet.

I can’t quite remember if the same thing was happening in previous Halo games? But I did notice in Halo Infinite, it is impossible to use the Sniper, they throw a stone at you and it takes you out of zoom mode, anyone will be able to spray a few bullet to blind those snipers… the only way I was able to kill with the sniper was no-scoping. . . We should have something like if you receives too many bullet or damage, it zoom out, or if you get shot, it moves your aim around so you have to reposition your aiming; making it harder for you to snipe, but not making it impossible.

> 2533274834716337;17:
> > 2533274952463621;15:
> > The only trouble I really have with the commando and the S7 Sniper is the force “zoom-out” when you get hit by 1 bullet.
>
> I can’t quite remember if the same thing was happening in previous Halo games? But I did notice in Halo Infinite, it is impossible to use the Sniper, they throw a stone at you and it takes you out of zoom mode, anyone will be able to spray a few bullet to blind those snipers… the only way I was able to kill with the sniper was no-scoping. . . We should have something like if you receives too many bullet or damage, it zoom out, or if you get shot, it moves your aim around so you have to reposition your aiming; making it harder for you to snipe, but not making it impossible.

firstly, it is in literally every halo game except halo 4, dating all the way back to Halo 1. Secondly, getting forcefully zoomed out doesn’t blind you. Lastsly, the entire point is to give people with guns that have less range a fighting chance. Without descope, the sniper and VK7 would be way too easy to use in head-on engagements as you have a massive sight advantage with no way to counteract. Just look at how useless aim bounce is in TF2 if you need an example of how broken sniper can be with no descope. (fun fact, sniper is in the running for the strongest class in the game, next to medic, who can literally enable a teamkill. And this is a guy with base movement and 125 health.)

I agree it felt like a weird DMR. The H5 DMR took some time for me to get used to. It wasn’t Reach which was better IMO. Thinking this will be the same. … hoping so.

This was my favorite gun in the test. Although it did take a bit to get use to the recoil when firing at range.