VK78 Commando nerfed after Flight 2

This is a post mainly to break the cycle of “WOW HALO SUX BECAUSE THE MONETIZATION THEY ALREADY ADDRESSED AND SAID THEY WOULD BE FIXING DOESN’T FIT MY PERSONAL NARRATIVE” posts.

The VK78 felt absolutely perfect in the Beta, if anything it could have stood to be a bit stronger. Nerfing the damage so it takes one additional bullet to kill has dropped it from “strong Sidekick competitor” to “the gun you try to use because it’s new and then die with because even the Plasma Pistol can kill you faster.”

I really don’t think it deserved a nerf. My opinion was that it be stronger but fire slower so that it was more aligned with the DMR, that or do the same thing with the Sidekick to make it align more with the M6(x) Magnum. It appears they tried to balance it around the Sidekick instead of adjusting Sidekick stats, but I really wish it would have dropped to maybe 250-350 rpm with one less bullet to kill rather than staying at 450-500rpm with an 8th bullet needed to kill with a headshot.

I really love this game. I agree that the shop items are too expensive and that the BP is a bit shady, but I also see that 343 have already directly addressed at least the BP and are interested in fixing things that need to be fixed in terms of monetization. That in and of itself is big because classically, devs have no control over monetized content. That is typically left entirely up to the publisher and its investors. The fact that 343 is seemingly adjusting these values at will should be extremely good news to anyone smart enough to access these forums. I guess ignorance and gaming do go hand in hand, often times though, so it still doesn’t surprise me.