Visuals on Halo 5:Guardians are horrible

Hey guys, 343 and devs, graphics wise Halo 5 is a step backwards, i have to admit that all those pop ups and low res texture are really annoying me a lot, i remember when the first halo came out, it did not have all those problems, i could not enjoy playing the campaign cause every step that i make there is something on the screen disturbing me, flat shadow, low texture, pop up. I have to say 343 could have made a better job on this. It looks like a xbox 360 title

It unfortunately really was below expectations. The way some scenarios were graphically handled felt like they were done as if 343 was still working on the 360, and despite how much they tried to make you feel like a small aspect of a big picture, the sense of scale was vastly lacking.

They could have easily toned down the complexity of their Ambient Occlusion, Bloom, and HDR effects. If they did that, then maybe the game could have had texture filtering, further draw distance and maybe even some anti aliasing!

But no, 343 seems to not understand the backbone of visual design.

+1

> 2533274826203061;3:
> They could have easily toned down the complexity of their Ambient Occlusion, Bloom, and HDR effects. If they did that, then maybe the game could have had texture filtering, further draw distance and maybe even some anti aliasing!
> But no, 343 seems to not understand the backbone of visual design.

damn man, I’m really sad and disappointed. What 343 think that we are blind or what, we don’t need digital foundry to see all those problems. The title that i was waiting for looks pretty ugly!

Halo 2 for the original Xbox had horrible texture pop issues.

A large portion of the fans still loved it.

H5:G = 343i’s Halo 2 confirmed.

:wink:

It really makes cutting out split screen feel worth it, doesn’t it?

Not seeing “Pop” issues. What I am missing is the LOD of enemies at a certain range, but there really is no “POP” issue. not for me so far. the transitions between LOD’s has been pretty damn decent on my play through so far, and I’ve been paying attention.

So graphics suck? All the reviews were clamoring on how great they were…

> 2535411653160656;9:
> So graphics suck? All the reviews were clamoring on how great they were…

I wouldn’t say they suck, just that they’re not as spectacular as you would like. Some aspects come from the 60FPS target, others come from ensuring a solid 60.

> 2533274811158328;8:
> Not seeing “Pop” issues. What I am missing is the LOD of enemies at a certain range, but there really is no “POP” issue. not for me so far. the transitions between LOD’s has been pretty damn decent on my play through so far, and I’ve been paying attention.

No pop issue? really, i don’t believe you, just check this and than play the game…

https://youtu.be/-gQMulb6T2o

figured the complaints were coming…

I used to play this. Not excusing any lack-luster visuals, just saying … perspective.

[deleted]

> 2535435166399524;14:
> The first halo game looked like a huge mess graphic wise itself when it came out the textures were horrid even without the pop.
>
> Because both next gen consoles were lacking in hardware ever since they were announced developers have to do things they wouldn’t normally have to do just to achieve a steady locked frame rate of 60fps.
> Watch digital foundry’s “halo 5 at the price of 60 fps” video it goes into so much detail explaining exactly what the devs had to do to boost the performance of the game and keep it locked at 60fps.

Modestly i think that they could have done a better job, if this is the result of what this console is capable, well we are all a bunch of idiot, i believe that with improved devkits and better engines we could reach 1080p 60fps and better looking games. C’mon guys with a CPU AMD X4 860K and a gpu AMD R9 270 i could play almost every games 1080p 30/60 fps with no compromise, and we are speaking about low end hardware.

Game looks great for me so no, Graphic/Visuals are not horrible…

> 2533274826203061;3:
> They could have easily toned down the complexity of their Ambient Occlusion, Bloom, and HDR effects. If they did that, then maybe the game could have had texture filtering, further draw distance and maybe even some anti aliasing!
>
> But no, 343 seems to not understand the backbone of visual design.

You’ve done nothing but bash 343 and their so called lack of “visual design”. What expertise do you have working on a AAA game that’s been in development for 3 years. The game looks beautiful.

[deleted]

> 2533274991067213;6:
> Halo 2 for the original Xbox had horrible texture pop issues.
>
> A large portion of the fans still loved it.
>
> H5:G = 343i’s Halo 2 confirmed.
>
> :wink:

Yeah, that was on the original xbox. Lol. Halo 3 has better textures (Actually, GREAT textures) and that was 8 years ago.

Halo 3 does have some fantastic textures, although the character models left… basically everything to be desired.

Halo 5’s character models have an insane amount of detail.