Visor zoom

Can we still use the visor zoom with a weapon that doesn’t have a scope? I was thinking it’s gonna be awesome to check targets and approach situations accordingly. But without binocs… :frowning:

Anyone know?

Literally every weapon has a scope now. They’re doing it to push the new smart scope mechanic on us.

If you mean smart scope… Smart Scope Is available on every weapon in the game.

If you mean classic zoom from previous games, That appears to only be on the DMR and Rocket Launcher.

> 2533274882881665;3:
> If you mean smart scope… Smart Scope Is available on every weapon in the game.
>
> If you mean classic zoom from previous games, That appears to only be on the DMR and Rocket Launcher.

I believe he’s refering to the zoom in that the HUD does if you had no zoomable weapon, like the shotgun or Halo 2-3 pistol.

And to OP, no. I’m afraid not. Unlike 5’s predecessors, all weapons have a smart scope making the zoom-in completely obsolete.

> 2533274799135257;4:
> > 2533274882881665;3:
> > If you mean smart scope… Smart Scope Is available on every weapon in the game.
> >
> > If you mean classic zoom from previous games, That appears to only be on the DMR and Rocket Launcher.
>
>
> I believe he’s refering to the zoom in that the HUD does if you had no zoomable weapon, like the shotgun or Halo 2-3 pistol.
>
> And to OP, no. I’m afraid not. Unlike 5’s predecessors, all weapons have a smart scope making the zoom-in completely obsolete.

:frowning:

Probably only with the sword you can get the visor zoom.

> 2533274799135257;4:
> > 2533274882881665;3:
> > If you mean smart scope… Smart Scope Is available on every weapon in the game.
> >
> > If you mean classic zoom from previous games, That appears to only be on the DMR and Rocket Launcher.
>
>
> I believe he’s refering to the zoom in that the HUD does if you had no zoomable weapon, like the shotgun or Halo 2-3 pistol.
>
> And to OP, no. I’m afraid not. Unlike 5’s predecessors, all weapons have a smart scope making the zoom-in completely obsolete.

Not really obsolete since the visor zoom had a lot more magnification than many of the weapon’s AD…er, i mean, “smart scope”

Yes they will. It’s a new feature called smart scope. Everything you are able to use should have some zoom in feature. Now that doesn’t mean the plasma pistol will zoom in like a sniper, but you get what I’m saying :slight_smile:

> 2533274820771294;1:
> Can we still use the visor zoom with a weapon that doesn’t have a scope? I was thinking it’s gonna be awesome to check targets and approach situations accordingly. But without binocs… :frowning:
> Anyone know?

Got any gameplay showing us what you mean? In theory, it works. In practice… It’s the most underutilised function in Halo. Even in campaign.

However, now you can hit the enemy you’d be looking at rather reliably as you won’t descope unless damaged with many CQB and short ranged weapons.

> 2533274820541653;8:
> Yes they will. It’s a new feature called smart scope. Everything you are able to use should have some zoom in feature. Now that doesn’t mean the plasma pistol will zoom in like a sniper, but you get what I’m saying :slight_smile:

Not what he’s talking about. He’s talking about the visor magnification that happened in the other games when you zoomed with a non-scoped weapon.

Its been with halo for awhile idk why they would take it away. idk tho unconfirmed

I know what you are talking about OP. I thought visor zoom was very useful in past games seeing as how it was a 4-5x zoom (depending on game) and the only thing that had that much magnification was a sniper rifle. It was great for getting a look at far away enemies to plan out how you wanted to approach them, or examining objects close up Now with smart scope, most weapons barely zoom past 1.5x.

> 2533274830513360;6:
> Probably only with the sword you can get the visor zoom.

Sword has ADS now. As ridiculous as it sounds, it just zooms in a tiny bit and increases the lunge distance. It also changes the animation from a simple swing to a jab motion.