Vision and Visual AAs

Now before you go off saying “AAs are hellspawn from hell!” hear this out.

Promethean Vision is confirmed as an armor ability, and it seems like it could be a pretty good thing to have; useful, but with some limitations as well.

So, given that MJOLNIR is, you know, the MOST ADVANCED COMBAT SUIT EVER MADE, don’t you think it should have some other visual modes as well? Perhaps a “detection” AA that highlights mines and whatnot? Or infrared or something.

Also, shouldn’t the HUD have a more useful role in combat? Highlighting enemies as they come into view, for instance. Giving the motion tracker a new, more detailed tracking would be pretty useful as well (maybe giving a more detailed 3D motion tracker that better shows enemy elevation and possibly faint silhouttes of the environment).

[deleted]

From the way they’ve described Promethean Vision, it looks like it does have some pretty good ups, but a lot of downs as well. That makes it a perfect item.

My -Yoink- five minute doodle of what I think Promethean Vision will be similar to is along these lines.

I do agree that something along the lines of the VISR from Halo 3: ODST should make an appearance, or at the very least an updated minimap. Elevation isn’t a concern for me, but something a resembling a silhouette of the map on the minimap would be interesting, but it would fall apart quickly with Forged items, as you never know how people will be setting their forged pieces, so the map would be a large blur of, well, garbage. So I could see a legitimate reason for not having the terrain on there.

I would like to see some optical abilities, but I’d also like to see flares as a counter to those.

I want to see through armor…

> From the way they’ve described Promethean Vision, it looks like it does have some pretty good ups, but a lot of downs as well. That makes it a perfect item.
>
> My Yoink! five minute doodle of what I think Promethean Vision will be similar to is along these lines.
>
> I do agree that something along the lines of the VISR from Halo 3: ODST should make an appearance, or at the very least an updated minimap. Elevation isn’t a concern for me, but something a resembling a silhouette of the map on the minimap would be interesting, but it would fall apart quickly with Forged items, as you never know how people will be setting their forged pieces, so the map would be a large blur of, well, garbage. So I could see a legitimate reason for not having the terrain on there.
>
> I would like to see some optical abilities, but I’d also like to see flares as a counter to those.

LOL! Im not laughing at you, but that probably the closest representation of how it will really look.

I’m guessing that the promethean vision will look similar to the visions you see on the sniper that outlines things and the view you get in the covenant vehicles.