Visible RANKS!

Please 343, clarify if there are going to be visible ranks, which differentiate you from other players in the way halo 2/3 did. After listening to the podcast, everything sounds amazing but this has yet to be clarified and NEEDS TO BE! It is important to have ranks which change depending on skill because it allows you to show off how good you are, as well as gives players a BIG reason to keep playing other than just progressions which eventually run out. PLEASE HAVE A VISIBLE RANK SYSTEM THAT IS BASED UPON SKILL.

Do not copy Reach, or CoD.

Great work so far.

Why in gods name does EVERYBODY mention cod on these boards? I can search through a five page thread, and see “cod” probably about 10 times.

all we really know about the game so far when it comes to ranks (based on the sparkast) is that people who play better get rewarded better. They said a credit system like reach will not be returning/the only way ranks happen.

> Why in gods name does EVERYBODY mention cod on these boards? I can search through a five page thread, and see “cod” probably about 10 times.

Sigh… I just don’t know… It is completely unnecessary. If you have a complaint with a game mechanic, then address it appropriately. There is no need to bring up COD in your argument, it doesn’t strengthen your argument at all. In most cases it’s more or less a non-sequitur.
Who cares if it is has similar aspects to COD, it should be something that you notice and move on.

I am referencing CoD because Halo is a unique, completely different game. Sure CoD has aspects that it does well, and Halo also has many that it does well. My argument references CoD because I want Halo to stay true to its roots, I don’t want to see a CoD ranking system. There was nothing wrong with the Halo 2/3 system so why change to a system that more resembles CoD. Call of Duty also does not recognize a players skill. It is too hard to distinguish whether the person is truly skilled by looking at their profile. In Halo 2/3 you knew who the skilled players were.

If referencing makes you upset, I apologize. But the nature of the argument should tell you that Halo is unique, different, and that the majority of the community would like it to remain this way based on the number of forums regarding a “trueskill” or similar system to the previous Halo games.