Virgin to do LAN tourneys in the future?

Virgin Gaming community manager talks about its future with Halo 4.

In my opinion, Halo and LAN go together like PB and J, and if Halo ends up lacking an appearance on the circuit, then all I can do is hope that -Yoink!- can deliver. The article seems promising though.

What say all you about these matters, with all the MLG/ -Yoink!- drama going on right now?

Also here’s an interview with Ghostayame that Saucey uploaded.

Ghost talks about his reasoning behind the v1 settings and such.

Figured this is a good chance to discuss both of these matters in this thread.

Lets discuss. :slight_smile:

You’d have to pay me to go to such an event with such a name.

“-Yoink!- Local Area Network Tournament!” No thank you… Nice try though.

Haha! The name is pretty ridiculous I’ll say, but it’s better than nothing.

-Yoink!- Gaming === Store Brand Peanut Butter.

MLG = JIFF Greatness.

-Yoink!- Gaming always jumps ship. MLG actually sticks with games they love. I think that’s why a lot of anger is seen on multiple forums. I don’t trust -Yoink!- Gaming. I do not want to play for Mega Blocks. I play because I enjoy competitive games. -Yoink!- Gaming caters to everyone. I don’t want that. I just don’t understand why we cannot support both. Infinity Challenge/MLG can coexist but seems -Yoink!- only cares about dollar signs.

IF(and that is a big if from where I sit) -Yoink!- Gaming produces high quality LAN events that truly determing the best of the best in Halo like MLG has, then I think the VG set up with Microsoft/343/Halo 4 will be an amazing thing for Halo 4.

Although, In my opinion MLG deserves the support from MS/343 far more than VG.

> Virgin Gaming community manager talks about its future with Halo 4.
>
> In my opinion, Halo and LAN go together like PB and J, and if Halo ends up lacking an appearance on the circuit, then all I can do is hope that -Yoink!- can deliver. The article seems promising though.
>
> What say all you about these matters, with all the MLG/ -Yoink!- drama going on right now?
>
> Also here’s an interview with Ghostayame that Saucey uploaded.
>
> Ghost talks about his reasoning behind the v1 settings and such.
>
> Figured this is a good chance to discuss both of these matters in this thread.
>
> Lets discuss. :slight_smile:

Agree with you 100%, halo and LAN are PB and J. They perfectly complement one another. The pro circuit is a driving force behind Halo’s multiplayer and always has been and always should be. If MLG doesn’t come through, -Yoink!- had better deliver.

Like you said, the post about -Yoink!- LAN tournaments looks promising. Hopefully it pulls through.

Me personally I am praying for MLG, but either way… there had better be LAN… nuff said.

> IF(and that is a big if from where I sit) -Yoink!- Gaming produces high quality LAN events that truly determing the best of the best in Halo like MLG has, then I think the VG set up with Microsoft/343/Halo 4 will be an amazing thing for Halo 4.
>
> Although, In my opinion MLG deserves the support from MS/343 far more than VG.

I completely agree.

I lold at your username by the way.