Virgin Gaming-Why It Would Suck

With this ongoing argument about 343, Microsoft, MLG, and…-Yoink!- Gaming, many people are saying that us switching to -Yoink!- Gaming is a great thing. I have heard a few supporting reasons;

-Opens up the playing ground to casuals.

-You can play for free or pay.

-It’s accessible by almost anyone.

Some of these advantages are it’s own weakness;

-Boosters, Cheaters, Modders, Controllers that shouldn’t be allowed in tournaments.

-Let’s say you pay for a tournament to play in on -Yoink!- Gaming, and your internet connection happens to go out/screw up, then what, no reimbursement, and no one cares.

-You have to be 18 to participate.
{Many players that play MLG are fairly young, and they would not be able to participate, and MLG would be gone as well. There are some reputable players that are under 18, actually quite a lot. That isn’t fair.)

-No playlist.

-Doesn’t promote teamwork, it’s purely individual!

  • It only takes your total personal score, meaning you can win by playing all day instead of being good. -Shanez1215

-Internet Lag, for example the servers don’t register your games, and proper scores for a few hours.

This is just buttering the bread, but you should get the point.

you should do some more research before you start bashing it.

They employ

Skill Ratings

Our Skill Rating system helps you find and challenge other members with similar abilities. We also offer tournaments that are gated by Skill Rating to provide gamers of all skill levels fair access to cash prizes.

Fair Play Guarantee™

No one likes a cheater. We use various measures, including advanced technology, partnerships and community features to ensure that fairness is baked right in to the -Yoink!- Gaming experience. When you play with us, you play with confidence.

24/7 Dedicated Customer Support

Friendly, smart, and able to play Capture the Flag for 16 hours straight, our sharpshooting Support Team helps keep -Yoink!- Gaming safe, secure and easy to use.


Now lets look at your internet connection issue. Straight from the website

What if my opponent disconnects?

A: There are various outcomes for disconnected matches. Each scenario can be found below.

Loser disconnect: If the losing player disconnects from a match their opponent will be given the option to replay the match if they believe it was unintentional or claim their victory.

Winner disconnect: If the winning player disconnects from a match and you believe it was intentional, contact our support team and the match will be placed into arbitration. If you believe this was unintentional contact your opponent and complete the match from the point of disconnect.

Tied match disconnect: The result of tied matches will be put into arbitration and our support team will decide the appropriate course of action.

Playing from the point of disconnect: In order to replay your match from the point of the disconnect you must first score any goals/points from your original disconnected game. We suggest that you score own goals/points where possible to complete this process quickly. Please note that you do not have to replicate the exact score of your original match; the difference in scores is acceptable.

Once you have scored the necessary points you will have to let the clock run down to the point of the disconnect and then start your game from that point on.

For example, Mike and Simon set up a game of FIFA 12. The score is Mike - 3, and Simon - 1 when Mike loses connection in the 50th minute. They contact Customer Support and are instructed to replay the match from the point of the disconnection. They start a new game on the console, and because the difference in their original score is 2 goals, Simon scores 2 own goals at the beginning of the match. They then let the clock run down until the 50th minute and begin their game from that point with Mike having a 2-0 lead.

Please note: Only the score of your replayed match will be accepted by our system, so be sure to include all goals (or difference in goals) in the match you are replaying to avoid any issues. All games must be played to completion in order to validate on -Yoink!- Gaming.

All I know is -Yoink!- gaming is like mlg but has fewer options. A few steps behind mlg.

> you should do some more research before you start bashing it.
>
> They employ
>
> Skill Ratings
>
> Our Skill Rating system helps you find and challenge other members with similar abilities. We also offer tournaments that are gated by Skill Rating to provide gamers of all skill levels fair access to cash prizes.
>
> Fair Play Guarantee™
>
> No one likes a cheater. We use various measures, including advanced technology, partnerships and community features to ensure that fairness is baked right in to the -Yoink!- Gaming experience. When you play with us, you play with confidence.
>
> 24/7 Dedicated Customer Support
>
> Friendly, smart, and able to play Capture the Flag for 16 hours straight, our sharpshooting Support Team helps keep -Yoink!- Gaming safe, secure and easy to use.
>
> -------------
>
> Now lets look at your internet connection issue. Straight from the website
>
> What if my opponent disconnects?
>
> A: There are various outcomes for disconnected matches. Each scenario can be found below.
>
> Loser disconnect: If the losing player disconnects from a match their opponent will be given the option to replay the match if they believe it was unintentional or claim their victory.
>
> Winner disconnect: If the winning player disconnects from a match and you believe it was intentional, contact our support team and the match will be placed into arbitration. If you believe this was unintentional contact your opponent and complete the match from the point of disconnect.
>
> Tied match disconnect: The result of tied matches will be put into arbitration and our support team will decide the appropriate course of action.
>
> Playing from the point of disconnect: In order to replay your match from the point of the disconnect you must first score any goals/points from your original disconnected game. We suggest that you score own goals/points where possible to complete this process quickly. Please note that you do not have to replicate the exact score of your original match; the difference in scores is acceptable.
>
> Once you have scored the necessary points you will have to let the clock run down to the point of the disconnect and then start your game from that point on.
>
> For example, Mike and Simon set up a game of FIFA 12. The score is Mike - 3, and Simon - 1 when Mike loses connection in the 50th minute. They contact Customer Support and are instructed to replay the match from the point of the disconnection. They start a new game on the console, and because the difference in their original score is 2 goals, Simon scores 2 own goals at the beginning of the match. They then let the clock run down until the 50th minute and begin their game from that point with Mike having a 2-0 lead.
>
> Please note: Only the score of your replayed match will be accepted by our system, so be sure to include all goals (or difference in goals) in the match you are replaying to avoid any issues. All games must be played to completion in order to validate on -Yoink!- Gaming.

First off, there will always be cheaters no matter what, there are never cheaters in MLG it’s nearly impossible. It doesn’t matter how many you think you capture. As well ad modded controllers, that is very hard to detect.

-What if the other player refuses to play the match from disconnect?

-Skipped up the age question?

-Still no playlist like MLG.

-Still doesn’t promote teamwork, only individuals.

> All I know is -Yoink!- gaming is like mlg but has fewer options. A few steps behind mlg.

A few? How about a ton? They don’t host tournaments in areas, it’s all online, there are no “Pros”.

> All I know is -Yoink!- gaming is like mlg but has fewer options. A few steps behind mlg.

You could consider it a few steps behind mlg in some aspects, and a few steps ahead of mlg in other aspects.

Whats wrong with Age Restrictions?

> > All I know is -Yoink!- gaming is like mlg but has fewer options. A few steps behind mlg.
>
> You could consider it a few steps behind mlg in some aspects, and a few steps ahead of mlg in other aspects.

MLG is smart enough to not try to run a circuit online.

> Whats wrong with Age Restrictions?

Many players that play MLG are fairly young, and they would not be able to do this, and MLG would be gone as well. There are some reputable players that are under 18, actually quite a lot. That isn’t fair.

> First off, there will always be cheaters no matter what, there are never cheaters in MLG it’s nearly impossible. It doesn’t matter how many you think you capture. As well ad modded controllers, that is very hard to detect.
>
> -What if the other player refuses to play the match from disconnect?
>
> -Skipped up the age question?
>
> -Still no playlist like MLG.
>
> -Still doesn’t promote teamwork, only individuals.

How do you know it doesn’t promote teamwork, no one has any details about the halo tournaments. They could be 1v1, 2v2, 4v4… We dont know yet.

Yup no playlist, guess what… halo 4 does not have an mlg play list either.

I didnt skip the age question, I just figured you knew because you posted the answer. 18+

I dont know about the other player refusing to paly the match from disconnect, but I am sure if you email the support team if you really want the answer.

Again, nothing is known about how the skill based halo tournaments yet. What is known is that they have awarded over $7 million dollars in prize money in 2 years. They have 10 titles that are currently on the tournament roster, and I dont see any complains about cheating there.

I guess since it has 1.3 million registered users and has been going strong “online” that the “nothing you can do about cheaters” has not really had an impact on them.

> Whats wrong with Age Restrictions?

They are generalistic. Some MLG pros and much of the community are below 18, they now can’t participate. They’re also pointless since one can simply lie about their age.

Got another one to add to the list: It only takes your total personal score, meaning you can win by playing all day instead of being good.

> > > All I know is -Yoink!- gaming is like mlg but has fewer options. A few steps behind mlg.
> >
> > You could consider it a few steps behind mlg in some aspects, and a few steps ahead of mlg in other aspects.
>
> MLG is smart enough to not try to run a circuit online.

online tourneys never end well. host bridge every game to win. thats why im smart enough to stay away from that garbage.

> > Whats wrong with Age Restrictions?
>
> Many players that play MLG are fairly young, and they would not be able to do this, and MLG would be gone as well. There are some reputable players that are under 18, actually quite a lot. That isn’t fair.

How isn’t it fair?

> > First off, there will always be cheaters no matter what, there are never cheaters in MLG it’s nearly impossible. It doesn’t matter how many you think you capture. As well ad modded controllers, that is very hard to detect.
> >
> > -What if the other player refuses to play the match from disconnect?
> >
> > -Skipped up the age question?
> >
> > -Still no playlist like MLG.
> >
> > -Still doesn’t promote teamwork, only individuals.
>
> How do you know it doesn’t promote teamwork, no one has any details about the halo tournaments. They could be 1v1, 2v2, 4v4… We dont know yet.
>
> Yup no playlist, guess what… halo 4 does not have an mlg play list either.
>
> I didnt skip the age question, I just figured you knew because you posted the answer. 18+
>
> I dont know about the other player refusing to paly the match from disconnect, but I am sure if you email the support team if you really want the answer.
>
> Again, nothing is known about how the skill based halo tournaments yet. What is known is that they have awarded over $7 million dollars in prize money in 2 years. They have 10 titles that are currently on the tournament roster, and I dont see any complains about cheating there.
>
> I guess since it has 1.3 million registered users and has been going strong “online” that the “nothing you can do about cheaters” has not really had an impact on them.

Look at that site now, isn’t it individual leader boards?

-Halo 4 would have and should have had a MLG playlist, and there was one in every other halo game.

-Exactly, so it takes out a third of all players that played or went to MLG tournaments, not cool.

> > > Whats wrong with Age Restrictions?
> >
> > Many players that play MLG are fairly young, and they would not be able to do this, and MLG would be gone as well. There are some reputable players that are under 18, actually quite a lot. That isn’t fair.
>
> How isn’t it fair?

Did you seriously just ask that? You are taking away something from someone that they had before and then not even giving them a crappy replacement to use.

> > Whats wrong with Age Restrictions?
>
> Many players that play MLG are fairly young, and they would not be able to do this, and MLG would be gone as well. There are some reputable players that are under 18, actually quite a lot. That isn’t fair.

Life is not fair. Can you win the lottery when you are under 18? No you cant.

Can you drink when you are under 18? no you cant.

As far as the cheating goes, you never know. We wont know all the details about how it is policed until it is put in place.

> > > > All I know is -Yoink!- gaming is like mlg but has fewer options. A few steps behind mlg.
> > >
> > > You could consider it a few steps behind mlg in some aspects, and a few steps ahead of mlg in other aspects.
> >
> > MLG is smart enough to not try to run a circuit online.
>
> online tourneys never end well. host bridge every game to win. thats why im smart enough to stay away from that garbage.

Exactly, it doesn’t matter what technology you have, you will have to deal with bull crap.

> > > Whats wrong with Age Restrictions?
> >
> > Many players that play MLG are fairly young, and they would not be able to do this, and MLG would be gone as well. There are some reputable players that are under 18, actually quite a lot. That isn’t fair.
>
> Life is not fair. Can you win the lottery when you are under 18? No you cant.
>
> Can you drink when you are under 18? no you cant.
>
> As far as the cheating goes, you never know. We wont know all the details about how it is policed until it is put in place.

You don’t get the point do you?

MLG is a dime a dozen. It brings nothing to the table the next competitive community wont. Its all about the $$$ and all the Halo pros will be pledging allegiance to -Yoink!- once their contracts are up.

> Look at that site now, isn’t it individual leader boards?
>
> -Halo 4 would have and should have had a MLG playlist, and there was one in every other halo game.
>
> -Exactly, so it takes out a third of all players that played or went to MLG tournaments, not cool.

So you are looking at the infinity challenge which isnt even one of the tournaments, and saying its going to all be individual. Again we dont know until the details are released.

As far as the age requirements, tough. Life isn’t fair and a lot of things in life are 18+.