Viral Campaign?

My friend stumbled upon this today. Possible viral campaign??

http://installation04.com/

I am not a big fan of viral campaigns myself but I guess they can be fun. (I’m not saying this is one)

Either that or someone is trying to get some attention. (Not you, just saying)

what the hell is that

Here’s a Whois lookup of the url.

Doesn’t look like it had anything to do with 343 industries or Microsoft. The site was created five days ago, a day after the 343 Gulity Spark gameplay video with the terminal at the end was uploaded on Youtube. That’s why I would say it’s not legit, looks more like it was made by someone with the pure intention of fooling people.

This is not a fact, just my conclusion based on evidence.

> Here’s a Whois lookup of the url.
>
> Doesn’t look like it had anything to do with 343 industries or Microsoft. The site was created five days ago, a day after the 343 Gulity Spark gameplay video with the terminal at the end was uploaded on Youtube. That’s why I would say it’s not legit, looks more like it was made by someone with the pure intention of fooling people.
>
> This is not a fact, just my conclusion based on evidence.

It says: “Created on…: 2011-03-18 09:48:04 GMT” for me…?

Also, if you try and go anywhere else on the site it just redirects you here. Thought that was interesting. Im pretty interested in following this even if its fake. Seems pretty well put together and might be a fun way to kill some time till Anniversary! :smiley:

> > Here’s a Whois lookup of the url.
> >
> > Doesn’t look like it had anything to do with 343 industries or Microsoft. The site was created five days ago, a day after the 343 Gulity Spark gameplay video with the terminal at the end was uploaded on Youtube. That’s why I would say it’s not legit, looks more like it was made by someone with the pure intention of fooling people.
> >
> > This is not a fact, just my conclusion based on evidence.
>
> It says: “Created on…: 2011-03-18 09:48:04 GMT” for me…?
>
> Also, if you try and go anywhere else on the site it just redirects you here. Thought that was interesting. Im pretty interested in following this even if its fake. Seems pretty well put together and might be a fun way to kill some time till Anniversary! :smiley:

Oh, I somehow misread the date as 2011-11-18. Interesting, it could be real after all. No one outside 343i or Microsoft coudld have possibly known about it by that time. I withdraw my previous statement of it being fake.

Looks fake to me. The image of the ring looks like it’s from the original game instead of the remake. Just my two cents.

> Looks fake to me. The image of the ring looks like it’s from the original game instead of the remake. Just my two cents.

Its for sure the new Halo, notice the fin like things on the bottom side of the ring?

viral or not, that was pretty interesting

Huh, I would’ve thought that a viral campaign for a remake would be a little over the top, but this very well could be… the Halo is similar to what we have seen in the trailer.

Probably something to get people excited over CEA or the new terminals.

I stumbled upon that site a few days ago…

It seems very interesting, but I don’t really understand what it’s trying to convey. Nothing happens after the first few lines of text…

> > Looks fake to me. The image of the ring looks like it’s from the original game instead of the remake. Just my two cents.
>
> Its for sure the new Halo, notice the fin like things on the bottom side of the ring?

hahahaha I realized I had the brightness settings way down on my laptop and couldn’t see too much detail, so yeah, definitely from Anniversary. I’m still a bit skeptical as to its legitimacy though.

> > > Looks fake to me. The image of the ring looks like it’s from the original game instead of the remake. Just my two cents.
> >
> > Its for sure the new Halo, notice the fin like things on the bottom side of the ring?
>
> hahahaha I realized I had the brightness settings way down on my laptop and couldn’t see too much detail, so yeah, definitely from Anniversary. I’m still a bit skeptical as to its legitimacy though.

Isn’t the text from that site very similar to this video demonstrating the new Terminals?

To be honest, I don’t think that someone at 343i would make the mistake of writting “IVE BEEN EXPECTING YOU” instead of I’VE BEEN EXPECTING YOU". But then again, I’ve been wrong before. =)

> > > > Looks fake to me. The image of the ring looks like it’s from the original game instead of the remake. Just my two cents.
> > >
> > > Its for sure the new Halo, notice the fin like things on the bottom side of the ring?
> >
> > hahahaha I realized I had the brightness settings way down on my laptop and couldn’t see too much detail, so yeah, definitely from Anniversary. I’m still a bit skeptical as to its legitimacy though.
>
> Isn’t the text from that site very similar to this video demonstrating the new Terminals?

To be honest I’ve avoided watching that video, I’d like to wait until I actually go through the terminals myself so I can’t really comment on that.

Has anyone plugged in a mic and tried to talk to it yet? Just a thought.

Yeah, I did. Ordered large fries and a coke to go, but no response.

> > > > Looks fake to me. The image of the ring looks like it’s from the original game instead of the remake. Just my two cents.
> > >
> > > Its for sure the new Halo, notice the fin like things on the bottom side of the ring?
> >
> > hahahaha I realized I had the brightness settings way down on my laptop and couldn’t see too much detail, so yeah, definitely from Anniversary. I’m still a bit skeptical as to its legitimacy though.
>
> Isn’t the text from that site very similar to this video demonstrating the new Terminals?

Yeah it is rather similar. Hmm…