Views on "Smart Scope" and "Energy Sword" design

Firstly, the game definitely does look interesting and innovative, hats off for that 343.

Some things though, that seems to have stirred up the fans a bit: (actually a lot more than a bit)

• Smart scope really doesn’t seem to have a place in halo… Please bring legacy scope back. Even if this is just a aesthetic change, it well simply doesn’t fit in. It almost feels like COD, which yeah sucks. This is like a very core change to the HUD and its very upsetting at the least!!And,
  • The new energy sword, or must I say “Prophet’s Bane”… well to be frank, to my opinion looks downright ugly. I don’t see why the original sword design had to be changed. It was perfect as it was… this one seems to have put on a bit of weight and looks awkward when used.Well these are maybe slightly personalized views… What do you guys feel?

While I agree that Smart Scope doesn’t really fit it, It doesn’t work like traditional ADS. It’s basically a reskin of the old scope animation and I’m okay with it.

As for the Prophets Bane? Awesome name, Ugly design. Hope they include the traditional sword alongside it.

I kinda agree on smart scope. It looked like the AR had a slight zoom now as well, and I’d have to try that out before I make any decisions on whether I like the AR being able to zoom.

The sword … why not? I’m sure the Covenant have more than one kind of sword. We’ve had the same one since Combat Evolved, let’s try a new one that makes you move faster … why not?

I think the old way is dated now and they are trying to innovate yet keep it familiar. Everything looked cool except the DMR… looked weird.

The energy sword now looks like a crab claw when wielding . The redesigning of it was completely unnecessary and 343i knows it .

I think the smart scope looks awesome. It actually makes more sense with the lore (of course a Spartan should be able to do that?). Since 343 found a way to do this as purely a cosmetic change, I’m totally in favor.

I agree about the energy sword though, not a fan of the model, it’s kind of gross, haha.

> 2533274883669557;3:
> I kinda agree on smart scope. It looked like the AR had a slight zoom now as well, and I’d have to try that out before I make any decisions on whether I like the AR being able to zoom.
>
> The sword … why not? I’m sure the Covenant have more than one kind of sword. We’ve had the same one since Combat Evolved, let’s try a new one that makes you move faster … why not?

Yeah, that’s true. We can’t judge smart scope for sure until we try it out.

Trying out a new sword design is completely fine, but not at the cost of making it look so bulky which simply takes away the charm the old design had…