Viewing Ping and Server Location In Game

Is there any way to view your ping and the dedicated server location in game? Searching online, I didn’t find any results. If there isn’t, I would love the ability to be able to see my ping (in MS, not some bar like H2) and preferably that of other players while in a game. Being able to select preferred servers would be ideal, but just knowing the location would be useful too. I would much rather wait 30 seconds for a game on East Coast servers than play with a higher ping.

Having played a lot of PC games semi-competitively before coming back to Halo, I just assumed this info would be available in a competitive game. I haven’t played many competitive console games recently, but is it expected for ping/server location to be shown to the player? Are there other people in the community who want to see these while playing?

> 2591580321295691;1:
> Is there any way to view your ping and the dedicated server location in game? Searching online, I didn’t find any results. If there isn’t, I would love the ability to be able to see my ping (in MS, not some bar like H2) and preferably that of other players while in a game. Being able to select preferred servers would be ideal, but just knowing the location would be useful too. I would much rather wait 30 seconds for a game on East Coast servers than play with a higher ping.
>
> Having played a lot of PC games semi-competitively before coming back to Halo, I just assumed this info would be available in a competitive game. I haven’t played many competitive console games recently, but is it expected for ping/server location to be shown to the player? Are there other people in the community who want to see these while playing?

i would love to see this kinda stuff, at least that will help the player cope with the lag and kind of understand why he meeleed the person in front of him ounce or twice but was then killed by him magically lol

like when i see my ping go up in league of legends i understand that i need to go to home base or something because ill be feeding or dying a lot for nothing

Exactly. I had been playing a lot of Heroes of the Storm before Halo 5, and you definitely get a feel for what your in game ping is but it is always nicer to actually see a number. And it definitely helps dictate parts of your playstyle like how risky you can be or how you need to lead skillshots.

Everyone of us in Europe want this

there are no servers on east coast, there in 343 studios. I’am calling them out where are you servers. they want respond.

There is a 106 page topic about the lack of use of EU servers in the Halo 5 section. Nothing has been done, nothing has been said and no problems admitted. Hopefully if you guys can keep craving for regional servers eventually the noise may be heard.

Wouldnt hold your breath though.