Vidmasters

hey, has any new achievements been confirmed for Reach yet when CEA comes out? Possibly like Vidmasters… maybe leading to the GRD helmet/armor/whatever? if not, list your top 4 ideas for Reach vidmasters, please note that I’m saying 4 but if vidmasters do come out when CEA drops then they will probably have a few for Reach and a few for CEA equaling 7 of course.

anyway, here’s mine:

1. Make it to Inheritor rank.

2. last 20 mins on Lone Wolf on heroic or harder with 4 players and all skulls on.

3. complete Winter contingency LASO with 4 players without firing a single shot or throwing a single grenade.

4. save yourself from dying from a fall to the death by assasinating an elite in firefight matchmaking(I realize you would have to use a jetpack and this is pretty dumb but its the only thing I can think of for firefight matchmaking in Reach).

Vidmasters should be achieveable and hard at the same time, not time consuming and really hard as what you stated in your OP. Vidmasters should be just like and just as fun as Annual was, and maybe as hard as Endure. Thats just my opinion if vidmasters were added to the game.

i think finishing the campaign solo legendary should be a vidmaster, that was pretty difficult

> Vidmasters should be achieveable and hard at the same time, not time consuming and really hard as what you stated in your OP. Vidmasters should be just like and just as fun as Annual was, and maybe as hard as Endure. Thats just my opinion if vidmasters were added to the game.

fair enough, but if you remember the original vidmaster for Marathon Durandal you’ll realize that some achievements are hard and time consuming. The Inheritor Vid idea I feel is kind of making more of a pay-off for make it to Inheritor but perhaps it can be lowered to say Forerunner perhaps?

20 mins does seem kind of long, maybe 10 minutes, and 343 might be able to work in some extra’s for playing the level with 4 players(like the 4 ghosts on the last level of Halo 3).

Beating winter contingency Laso without firing a shot or throwing a grenade is possible, the majority of the level can be dashed through, there’s only 3 major firefights in the level that you HAVE to complete to beat the level. I’ve watched it done by a friend of mine, he went through the entire match assasinating, splattering with a vehicle and letting Jorge do some of the dirty work, takes awhile though :).

as far as the firefight vidmaster idea I do believe this is possible with a jet pack and some descent accuracy, but I feel like one Vidmaster should be for Firefight matchmaking and this was the best one I could think of and its basically copying that other achievement but you don’t have a level to set you up for the perfect scenario to nail it in a few tries. If anyone can think of a better idea be sure to respond.

and finally about making the act of beating the game solo on Legendary for a vidmaster it wouldn’t work because there’s already an achievement for that difficult task :).

> i think finishing the campaign solo legendary should be a vidmaster, that was pretty difficult

Really? Reach was the first Halo game I beat on Legendary without it taking forever.

I beat Halo 3 and Reach on legendary pretty easily, CE and 2 are pretty ruthless, possible, but ruthless.

> hey, has any new achievements been confirmed for Reach yet when CEA comes out? Possibly like Vidmasters… maybe leading to the GRD helmet/armor/whatever? if not, list your top 4 ideas for Reach vidmasters, please note that I’m saying 4 but if vidmasters do come out when CEA drops then they will probably have a few for Reach and a few for CEA equaling 7 of course.
>
> anyway, here’s mine:
> 1) Make it to Inheritor rank.
>
> 2) last 20 mins on Lone Wolf on heroic or harder with 4 players and all skulls on.
>
> 3) complete Winter contingency LASO with 4 players without firing a single shot or throwing a single grenade.
>
> 4) save yourself from dying from a fall to the death by assasinating an elite in firefight matchmaking(I realize you would have to use a jetpack and this is pretty dumb but its the only thing I can think of for firefight matchmaking in Reach).

Yeah sounds great accept for the first one.