VidMasters Completed

So many of you know that Recon has been unlocked for everyone. my question is this: For the people that actually worked hard to complete the VidMasters, will there be compensation in Halo 4?

In my opinion, unlocking it for everyone is ridiculous. They have had 3 1/2 years to complete the VidMasters. It’s like doing a hard day of work and getting $100, only later you find out that everyone else got a $100 for doing nothing.

So, do you agree that people that completed the VidMasters should be given a reward in Halo 4 now that our reward in Halo 3 is void?

Well seeing as the current average population for Halo 3 is very slim these days I doubt it really matters to a whole bunch of people.

Saying people had 3 & 1/2 years to complete the Vidmasters is kind of stupid. First of all, most people moved to Reach when it came out, so it was more like a year.

Second, you had your 3 & 1/2 years to own them, don’t complain.

I disagree. If you are going to use examples, so am I. You do a hard day of work and get $100 dollars. Then 3 1/2 years later, everyone else gets $100 for nothing. However, a limited edition of something came out when you got your $100, and you bought it. Everyone else who got a $100, will never have a chance. You had your Recon during Halo 3’s golden Years, before Reach came out I’m assuming. Everyone else is getting it while Halo 3 has one foot in the grave. So why should they give people who completed those challenges early and enjoyed showing it off anything when they already had their fun, while everyone else get to were another piece of unimpressive armor. So get over it, its a video game.

> Well seeing as the current average population for Halo 3 is very slim these days I doubt it really matters to a whole bunch of people.

Yeah, and even tho there are some of you who worked you buts off for that helmet, there are some people who cheated, and had some one else get it for them.

Personally, I don’t want to see another Recon Helmet deal like in the past, yeah, it’s great it’s a helmet that EVERYONE and their dog wants, but I don’t mind having some challenge to get it, but it should be there for every one to get it if they want.

Compensation for someone else getting something for nothing that causes you no harm whatsoever? No! You get compensation when you’re injured, not when someone else gets a treat.

That’s what I said about earning the star nameplate from Bungie when they gave it away. Soon after, though, I realized it doesn’t really matter.

> That’s what I said about earning the star nameplate from Bungie when they gave it away. Soon after, though, I realized it doesn’t really matter.

That’s right, it’s just a bloody game.

Anyone who ever unlocked them as bragging rights and memories for those events. I don’t care if recon is given out, its not a prize at the end of the tunnel, its an armor configuration, one can just as easily take pride in their katana from H3. It’s all preference.

> Anyone who ever unlocked them as bragging rights and memories for those events. I don’t care if recon is given out, its not a prize at the end of the tunnel, its an armor configuration, one can just as easily take pride in their katana from H3. It’s all preference.

It was the same when the Vidmasters were released. People who had received Recon as a gift or prize from Bungie were furious. It’s all selfishness, really. I completed the Vidmasters and I never stray from my ODST or Mk. V helmets. I never wear Recon; it’s hideous.

lol

Finishing the vidmasters is nothing exclusive, difficult or special. The same goes with recon. It’s just like unlocking any other armor. All you have to do is get some achievements to unlock it. Players that unlocked it by vidmasters deserve absolutely no compensation in Halo 4. Sixty thousand accounts had unlocked recon in 13 days. I think that is pretty good evidence that the vidmasters were not hard.

“Our database guru, Michael Williams, tells me that as of about five o’clock Thursday, nearly sixty thousand players had already pulled the trigger and unlocked their coveted sets of Recon armor by completing all seven Vidmaster achievements. Good work.” -urk

I did the vidmasters for the actuall challenge. The achievement was my reward. The Recon armour was just a bonus.