video breakdown thread

This thread is to break down the video below and to express your opinion on the stuff that is found!

I found that at 3:15 there are medals in the to right.

okay so at 1:56 we see a multiplayer shot. on the bottom right corner reads the words “BR Slayer”. this confirms that specific playlists are still in game. we also see that there is no bloom when the BR is fired. alongside the score located at the bottom left, there are two symbols, a wolf and a unicorn. some people have speculated that these could be clan symbols, meaning organised clan fights.

^Also, at 1:55 we see the character sprinting, which confirms a return of sprint. what we don’t see, are the symbols previously used for AA’s. this could mean many things (AA’s are gone, possibly? (Websites have confirmed a perk system).

You play as Spartan-IV’s in multiplayer.

At 2:53, Brad Welch confirms that the multiplayer will feature spartan IV’s. for those who can’t read roman numerals, these are spartan fours. Brad describes these spartan IV’s as a “New breed of spartan”

> This thread is to break down the video below and to express your opinion on the stuff that is found!
>
>
> I found that at 3:15 there are medals in the to right.

Are you going to use the first post as a summary of what we discover? It will be helpful for when there are 500 posts etc…

I also noticed a lot of awesome-sauce in both campaign and multiplayer. Good to see 343i is bringing that back.

at 2:58 Frank O’Connor tells us that there is “a fairly compelling and very convincing reason why red spartans can fight blue spartans.” This suggests that there will be espartan IV’s in the campaign, that will be important, or at least relevant to the story.

At 3:04, Josh Holmes tells us that 343 has been working on giving halo 4 a more cinematic feel. this could suggest more cut-scenes, and also backs up the claim that the story will be focused strongly on the story of chief.

I have been looking for signs of Assassination Animations but I haven’t seen any…

Also, there are 3 small squares at the top of the HUD on all the first person dispalys. Could those be 3 types of grenades?

at 3:14, We see a blue spartan kill a red spartan. notice on the right hand side, below the ammo count, two medals appear. a few moment later, we see a blue spartan kill another red spartan. Notice that when he hits the spartan in the back, there is no assassination scene. This could mean that assassinations have been removed from the game. Also notice that the blue Spartans allies in front of him have green arrows above their heads, but no tags. Have tags been removed?

Thats all i’ve seen guys, hope i helped :slight_smile:

> at 3:14, We see a blue spartan kill a red spartan. notice on the right hand side, below the ammo count, two medals appear. a few moment later, we see a blue spartan kill another red spartan. Notice that when he hits the spartan in the back, there is no assassination scene. This could mean that assassinations have been removed from the game. Also notice that the blue Spartans allies in front of him have green arrows above their heads, but no tags. Have tags been removed?

6 paragraphs down, it says 343 confirmed Assassination Animations. Also, the read we dont see the spartan perform an animation was probably cause that dude was already dead and even attemption an animation would only result in a yoink. Can’t rely on that footage of the back smack since there were 2 blue soldiers already killing the red guy.

And a guy on other thread noticed AAs at 1:58~2:00 at the monitor, upper left, icons and a bar.

WHAT. IS. THIS.

http://i.imgur.com/HUefA.png