vid of Promethean grenades

In this spartan ops vid at the 11:06 mark you see what I assume are a couple promethean grenades used. This is my first time seeing them so I thought I’d point it out in case others haven’t seen em yet. Looks like they don’t last more than a couple seconds.

And here’s a pic of the grenade being thrown, thanks to Raviruga

> http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t453/Raviruga/PrometheanGrenade.jpg

Here’s another pic a bit less blurry

> http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd90/CrystaLightning/prometheangrenade.jpg

Well, it’s definitely not a frag or plasma nade.

That is…not a plasma…

Rolls eyes

WE HAVE A WINNAR! I believe that would be it, nice spot, bro.

Good eye. That looks legit. It showed its radius after it landed too. Definitely not a frag or plasma nade.

Seems legit. Nice eye. It seems the EMP field disperses, and then stays there for a few seconds until going away.

Nice find! I’m pretty sure that’s got to be it, since it’s not a frag or plasma.
EMP Balls FTW!

Yeah I figure it has to be the Promethean grenades. There are 4 grenade types though, right? I’m wondering what the last type is.

Looks like a EMP Grenade to me good found my friend.

> That is…not a plasma…
>
> Rolls eyes

?? no one said it was or where you joking about something lol

> > That is…not a plasma…
> >
> > Rolls eyes
>
> ?? no one said it was or where you joking about something lol

I was joking…

> Yeah I figure it has to be the Promethean grenades. There are 4 grenade types though, right? I’m wondering what the last type is.

4? You cereal? I thought this too a long time ago, but I didn’t think it was confirmed. I remember an early hud build having 4 slots… that’s about it. Though it isn’t shown in E3 hud.

If so, the return of flame nades aka incendiary as modern fps games would call it.

I saw that red circle in another vid, but I never saw anyone throw it, so I just assumed Knights have their own bubbles or something like that. but either way, very, very nice find!

and @sitting mambaa and @relytning, there are four total grenades yes. confirmed by the picture in the April Gameinformer of Halo 4. there was four grenade symbols.

Maybe the new “Firebomb nade” from H3?
By the looks of it, it leaves an AoE field that may damage or have some other effect.
Nice find OP!

Was it just me or did it seem like it homed in slightly towards the Promethean? Because it seemed to go straight and curved to the right slightly.

Managed to get a screen cap of the Grenade itself before it start’s glowing like a Plasma Grenade.

Here you are.

As far as I can tell the Grenade is indeed Promethean because of it’s Orange designation light’s. Interestingly it appears to be Heptagonal in shape as opposed to the circular design of Human and Covenant grenade’s.

> Was it just me or did it seem like it homed in slightly towards the Promethean? Because it seemed to go straight and curved to the right slightly.

I think it just bounced.

It also looks like the fuse is a bit longer than other grenades. Probably so it’s harder to time it right on vehicles.

> Managed to get a screen cap of the Grenade itself before it start’s glowing like a Plasma Grenade.
>
> Here you are.
>
> As far as I can tell the Grenade is indeed Promethean because of it’s Orange designation light’s. Interestingly it appears to be Heptagonal in shape as opposed to the circular design of Human and Covenant grenade’s.

you are a god…

> Managed to get a screen cap of the Grenade itself before it start’s glowing like a Plasma Grenade.
>
> Here you are.

Here’s another one, a bit less blurry.

Also just noticed, there’s no promethean grenade icon shown in the top left corner of the HUD. I wonder if they weren’t ready to show em off yet.

> Here’s another one, a bit less blurry.
>
> Also just noticed, there’s no promethean grenade icon shown in the top left corner of the HUD. I wonder if they weren’t ready to show em off yet.

Much better xD I agree, it seems 343 weren’t exactly ready to show off the Promethean grenade’s. But thinking about it who could throw them? the Knight’s have a Rifle in one hand and a Sword in the other, Crawlers… Ever seen a Dog throw a grenade?