Victory Pose Discussion / Ideas

Victory pose discussion
So i have a few ideas and views on this and i’d love to hear other peoples ideas and thoughts good or bad too.

So i’ll say it short then explain why / ideas and thoughts. I feel that the Victory pose is too childish/immature/to Bro’ ish, For an elite Spartan solider.

Why

These Spartan 4’s while not being as heavily trained the same as the Spartan II’s,they are Elite soldiers and soldiers when training are made to take it seriously as life and death not like they just won a football game.It makes breaks the look of elite fighters and more like kids in suits.

We are so used to having John the Master Chief being a strong man of few words. He represents over 10 years of how we think of what Spartans are i can’t picture him jumping around being like yeahhhhh we did it Broooo! So when i see spartan 4’s acting so Bro’ish im not used to it nor do i like it.

The Spartan is in away you and i wouldn’t do that it breaks me away from the story of it.

How to make it better

I think the Victory Pose needs to either do one of two things either make the pose more majestic and mature to fit a Spartan or…

Have the option to Pick your Victory Pose Via ranking unlocks

So this i think is the better idea it give us all something to do i love unlocking things and while the Bro childish Victory thing doesn’t appeal to me or feel like something i would do. We can have different pose’s so that it can appeal to young, old or whatever else there is. It pleases everyone then.
I think while this issue is minor i hear everyone my age complain about it a little ( mid 20’s) as well as IGN’s Ryan Mcafee and some note worth people also saying the same. Anyway what are your thoughts and ideas guys and girls?

I can’t remember who said it, But someone on these forums said something along the lines of;

“It’s funny how the community accepts Teabagging as a totally mature way of showing victory, But High fiving and Fist Bumping is too childish and immanture”
And I full agree with it. If anything, The ‘Bro-Down’ is LESS childish than a bunch of Spartans teabagging a dead corpse.

I honestly don’t mind it that much. But I think we should get the option to enable or disable it.

I just hope its just a bit less ostentatious and each Spartans animations are randomly generated from a premade list, so it feels fresh every time.

Maybe have a few super rare funny ones, like a cartwheel or a chicken dance.

I’m fine with picking your own, but I think people are being bothered way too easily by something so small. I mean its not like Master Chief is up there. These are meant to be games for the Spartan 4s (training scrims) so it fits fine that if they beat their fellow spartans/friends, they’d gloat about it. I personally don’t mind it at all, but would like it to do a random celebration instead of the same sequence over again

now, while i slightly agree with the “they’re soldiers, act like it” argument you should also consider these;

• we don’t know how they act in campaign, i hope they act like proper spatans in missions, when they can actually die, remember, multiplayer is canon now.- the war-games that the multiplayer is are simulated combat environments, but given that they’re allowed to respawn, makes it more of a game than a combat simulator, so effectively they are playing paintball/airsoft with simulated live fire weapons. its a sport to them, i’d assume any athletes would celebrate a win with their friends/team especially if their boss is evaluating their performance each match- i would like to customize the pose etc, but what if the guy on the left or mid right doesn’t and the other guy does… one of them will get left hanging while the other one salutes or some -Yoink- maybe we should be able to customize the whole team actions and the top scorer on the winning team is the person whose animation is shown?- team colors… before and after the game when you’re all lined up there’s the big red/blue team symbol behind the spartans, why then can we not be displayed in our customized colors, instead of team colors, but as soon as the match actually starts we are back to the team color.- can we have names above our heads, or something to say whose spartan is which

Frankie said there were meant to be funny, but they’ll be toned down for the release since people didn’t like them. I agree about the -Yoink!- thing, though.

I think we could customise it…

It would look awesome!
Someone just posted something about being able to do it with kinect…but I think the “bad poses” would be too damn high

But some preloaded would be awesome…also the name and our logos too

I think th

> 2533274865708979;5:
> now, while i slightly agree with the “they’re soldiers, act like it” argument you should also consider these;
>
> - we don’t know how they act in campaign, i hope they act like proper spatans in missions, when they can actually die, remember, multiplayer is canon now.
> - the war-games that the multiplayer is are simulated combat environments, but given that they’re allowed to respawn, makes it more of a game than a combat simulator, so effectively they are playing paintball/airsoft with simulated live fire weapons. its a sport to them, i’d assume any athletes would celebrate a win with their friends/team especially if their boss is evaluating their performance each match
> - i would like to customize the pose etc, but what if the guy on the left or mid right doesn’t and the other guy does… one of them will get left hanging while the other one salutes or some -Yoink- maybe we should be able to customize the whole team actions and the top scorer on the winning team is the person whose animation is shown?
> - team colors… before and after the game when you’re all lined up there’s the big red/blue team symbol behind the spartans, why then can we not be displayed in our customized colors, instead of team colors, but as soon as the match actually starts we are back to the team color.
> - can we have names above our heads, or something to say whose spartan is which

Those two points I agree with completely. Winner gets to choose which animation they get, and we get to see standard colours before team colours. Maybe your standard colours would even turn red or blue as you watched.

But the problem with the poses is just what does it offer? Why should 343 spend resources on them if we can’t do ANYTHING with them? And most of all, why are they needed?

Look, it’s suppose to be a simulation and training. Notice how they’re completely serious at the beginning because it’s time to get to work they only celebrate at the end when they get to brag that they won. Military is the same way, you can’t be serious ALL the time. Unless you are A Spartan 2 or 3.

I’m personally loving the music to the Victory screen but I can see it getting old and repetitive after a while. Custom poses And even custom victory music would be amazing, I don’t see it hard to implement either.

> 2533274801566786;8:
> I think th
>
> > 2533274865708979;5:
> > now, while i slightly agree with the “they’re soldiers, act like it” argument you should also consider these;
> >
> > - we don’t know how they act in campaign, i hope they act like proper spatans in missions, when they can actually die, remember, multiplayer is canon now.
> > - the war-games that the multiplayer is are simulated combat environments, but given that they’re allowed to respawn, makes it more of a game than a combat simulator, so effectively they are playing paintball/airsoft with simulated live fire weapons. its a sport to them, i’d assume any athletes would celebrate a win with their friends/team especially if their boss is evaluating their performance each match
> > - i would like to customize the pose etc, but what if the guy on the left or mid right doesn’t and the other guy does… one of them will get left hanging while the other one salutes or some -Yoink- maybe we should be able to customize the whole team actions and the top scorer on the winning team is the person whose animation is shown?
> > - team colors… before and after the game when you’re all lined up there’s the big red/blue team symbol behind the spartans, why then can we not be displayed in our customized colors, instead of team colors, but as soon as the match actually starts we are back to the team color.
> > - can we have names above our heads, or something to say whose spartan is which
>
>
> Those two points I agree with completely. Winner gets to choose which animation they get, and we get to see standard colours before team colours. Maybe your standard colours would even turn red or blue as you watched.

I like this. A cool animation where it changes everyone from custom colors to team colors.

> 2533274812949247;10:
> Look, it’s suppose to be a simulation and training. Notice how they’re completely serious at the beginning because it’s time to get to work they only celebrate at the end when they get to brag that they won. Military is the same way, you can’t be serious ALL the time. Unless you are A Spartan 2 or 3.
>
> I’m personally loving the music to the Victory screen but I can see it getting old and repetitive after a while. Custom poses And even custom victory music would be amazing, I don’t see it hard to implement either.

Ok, and? Just because MP is canon does not mean that we should spend resources on an unnecessary feature. Again, what is legitimate reason that they should stay?

It’ll evolve somehow. Or they’ll keep this one while adding in several more to switch it up, like everyone reloading or something.

there is nothing wrong about that pose thing. :wink:

I also like the custom colours thing. How I’d like to see it used is have custom colours fade to team colours during the pre-game animation, then team colours fade to custom post-game. I don’t play a lot of FFA so I never get to see my spartan in all his crimson and yellow (or whatever colour combo I’m using at the time) glory.

> 2533274822366750;12:
> > 2533274812949247;10:
> > Look, it’s suppose to be a simulation and training. Notice how they’re completely serious at the beginning because it’s time to get to work they only celebrate at the end when they get to brag that they won. Military is the same way, you can’t be serious ALL the time. Unless you are A Spartan 2 or 3.
> >
> > I’m personally loving the music to the Victory screen but I can see it getting old and repetitive after a while. Custom poses And even custom victory music would be amazing, I don’t see it hard to implement either.
>
>
> Ok, and? Just because MP is canon does not mean that we should spend resources on an unnecessary feature. Again, what is legitimate reason that they should stay?

In that case, make sure to remove the scenery in every campaign level and map. Oh, and turn all rocks, ledges, and buildings into plain grey boxes. After all, that’s all they are really, right? Just dots on a screen that mean we can’t hit some other dots on a screen? And remove the pretty things on loading screens. And I want the main menu to just be ‘Halo 5: Guardians’ with a ‘Start Game’ button. No background, no nice text, just a black screen with that written in white.

Immersion is one of the most important and necessary aspects of games. Without it, games become bleak and bland. It’s the reason why you don’t go to a puppet show and look at the gloved hand instead of the character. And having those victory animations is nothing but pure immersion. Keep them.

All I want to do is use my Kinect to imitate dark souls gestures, praise the sun!

> 2533274836967617;2:
> I can’t remember who said it, But someone on these forums said something along the lines of;
>
> “It’s funny how the community accepts Teabagging as a totally mature way of showing victory, But High fiving and Fist Bumping is too childish and immanture”
> And I full agree with it. If anything, The ‘Bro-Down’ is LESS childish than a bunch of Spartans teabagging a dead corpse.
>
> I honestly don’t mind it that much. But I think we should get the option to enable or disable it.

I actually think it would be cool if you initiate the fist or chest bump in the middle of the game. Like if you and someone else on your team pushed the melee button while facing each other or something. It would be a risk mid game, but could also be a fun interactive way to show off/celebrate.

> 2533274801566786;16:
> > 2533274822366750;12:
> > > 2533274812949247;10:
> > >
>
>
> In that case, make sure to remove the scenery in every campaign level and map. Oh, and turn all rocks, ledges, and buildings into plain grey boxes. After all, that’s all they are really, right? Just dots on a screen that mean we can’t hit some other dots on a screen? And remove the pretty things on loading screens. And I want the main menu to just be ‘Halo 5: Guardians’ with a ‘Start Game’ button. No background, no nice text, just a black screen with that written in white.
>
> Immersion is one of the most important and necessary aspects of games. Without it, games become bleak and bland. It’s the reason why you don’t go to a puppet show and look at the gloved hand instead of the character. And having those victory animations is nothing but pure immersion. Keep them.

You’re right, immersion is very important for a video game. And those animations are some of the most immersion breaking features I’ve ever seen in a video game.

> 2533274836967617;2:
> I can’t remember who said it, But someone on these forums said something along the lines of;
>
> “It’s funny how the community accepts Teabagging as a totally mature way of showing victory, But High fiving and Fist Bumping is too childish and immanture”
> And I full agree with it. If anything, The ‘Bro-Down’ is LESS childish than a bunch of Spartans teabagging a dead corpse.
>
> I honestly don’t mind it that much. But I think we should get the option to enable or disable it.

Never once have I Teabagged an enemy and thought I was being mature. If anything, Teabagging is just a way of taking the piss and pointing out that skill does not equal a lack of personality, as it’s an action I’m preforming. I’m not making my Spartan chest bump, though. He’s just doing it. See, it’s okay if I’m a total loser who does stupid stuff, but when the Spartan tries to be self-aware that bugs me.