VGChartz: USA Pre-Order Chart - Halo 5: Guardians

A lot better then what I expected! A total of 315,557 games officially preordered. And we have exactly 18 more weeks till October 27th. Im hoping to reach around
500,000 before the 27th.

Way to go 343i. :smiley:

Not too shabby! Hopefully people stick with it. It’s a busy season for good games.

Wow thats pretty good
That means Halo 5 has made at least $18,933,420. Thats if everyone only bought standard editions
Cant wait.
Time to go into cryosleep for 18 weeks.

Sorry to rain on the parade, but I keep hearing that VGChartz isn’t very accurate. Is that true?

I don’t doubt that preorders are very high; I’m just not sure if those specific numbers can be trusted, because I’m always being told not to trust VGChartz.

> 2533274876456769;4:
> Sorry to rain on the parade, but I keep hearing that VGChartz isn’t very accurate. Is that true?

It is. There’s a reason Neogaf banned it as a source.
So take the info with a grain of salt.

VGChartz really isn’t the best source for this.

They mostly work with estimations, and can be wildly wrong at times. It takes them a long time to fix any of these mistakes if they choose to fix them at all. Their historical data is a bit better, as it comes from retailers, production companies and the like, but even then they don’t really have a particularly good method of collating the differences between their sources. For example, Microsoft announces the number of units shipped to retailers, while Sony and Nintendo tend to annoucne the number of units actually sold. VGChartz counts both as the same form of data, so their Xbox numbers aren’t actually reflective of the number of people who own an Xbox. They also don’t track digital sales, so if you want to see how many people have pre-ordered on Xbox Live, or how the PC version of a game is going, then you’re out of luck.

Basically, VGChartz is generally okay for seeing the lifetime sales of older games, but the fine details, and anything new are probably pretty off the mark.

You’re hoping to reach around…

HA!

It was at the top a few weeks ago.

> 2533274846483350;3:
> Wow thats pretty good
> That means Halo 5 has made at least $18,933,420. Thats if everyone only bought standard editions
> Cant wait.
> Time to go into cryosleep for 18 weeks.

I estimate that those pre-orders are racking up more around ~$42,126,859. Thats based on around 30% LCE, 30% LE, 15% Digital Deluxe, and 25% Standard. Those numbers are from a poll here on waypoint so we know its not accurate in any sense, but fun to think about.

> 2533274792778614;9:
> > 2533274846483350;3:
> > Wow thats pretty good
> > That means Halo 5 has made at least $18,933,420. Thats if everyone only bought standard editions
> > Cant wait.
> > Time to go into cryosleep for 18 weeks.
>
>
> I estimate that those pre-orders are racking up more around ~$42,126,859. Thats based on around 30% LCE, 30% LE, 15% Digital Deluxe, and 25% Standard. Those numbers are from a poll here on waypoint so we know its not accurate in any sense, but fun to think about.

Your basing those numbers on a forum of halo fans. The standard and digital will likley have the most pre-orders.

> 2533274920092347;10:
> > 2533274792778614;9:
> > > 2533274846483350;3:
> > > Wow thats pretty good
> > > That means Halo 5 has made at least $18,933,420. Thats if everyone only bought standard editions
> > > Cant wait.
> > > Time to go into cryosleep for 18 weeks.
> >
> >
> > I estimate that those pre-orders are racking up more around ~$42,126,859. Thats based on around 30% LCE, 30% LE, 15% Digital Deluxe, and 25% Standard. Those numbers are from a poll here on waypoint so we know its not accurate in any sense, but fun to think about.
>
>
> Your basing those numbers on a forum of halo fans. The standard and digital will likley have the most pre-orders.

And that’s just in North America… Don’t forget us Aussies and Europeans

Would have been much higher if TMCC wasn’t such a catastrophe. Still not too bad considering what happened. Hopefully H5 has a really good launch with very few problems.

VGChartz may not be accurate but I don’t know of any other source that shows pre-orders and copies sold, so unless someone else has something better then it’s what we got.

Does anyone know if it includes Digital Pre-orders? Because that could be an extra 50,000-100,000 pre-orders potentially.

> 2533274795233660;13:
> VGChartz may not be accurate but I don’t know of any other source that shows pre-orders and copies sold, so unless someone else has something better then it’s what we got.
>
> Does anyone know if it includes Digital Pre-orders? Because that could be an extra 50,000-100,000 pre-orders potentially.

Microsoft will likely announce it at some point, then we will actually have something. For pre-orders, VGChartz is pretty useless. They’re just guessing, which anyone can do. They may have some retailer information, though historically speaking, that usually comes later for them.

VGChartz doesn’t track digital, only Microsoft would have any indication of how things are going on that front.

I never knew VG was based all on estimation. Ha.