VGAs and game of the decade

I’m glad Halo finally got Its spot but with the Spartan Ops premier but it’s pretty sad that during the GOTD video mash up there was no footage from any Halo game : / I’m 99% sure there was none. Then on top of that blam!ing-Half Life 2 wins?! It was like a giant slap in the face to Halo 2. It had no multi, campaign only, and was PC only until a while later. Halo 2 defined shooters and a generation…I can’t believe it.

Now I just saw that H4 wasn’t nominated for GOTY! Walking Dead beat Mass Effect 3 for GOTY my god.

I’ll be in the corner cheering for H4, I think Spike is heavily biased and influenced by IGN.

Opinions on this news?

Have you ever played Half-Life 2?

And The Walking Dead should have beat ME3. I thoroughly enjoyed both though.

I love Halo to death, but Half Life 2…nothing can beat that.

Half-life 2 was one of the best games I have ever played, and still do play on a yearly basis.

I am sad that not a singe halo game got into the 10 nominees, but what’re you gonna do.

> Have you ever played Half-Life 2?
>
> And The Walking Dead should have beat ME3. I thoroughly enjoyed both though.

Yes I have played Half-Life 2. Have you played Halo 2? Remember how it…defined…shooters, and generation of gaming? The game was PC only I mean come on. How about it being sad Halo had no significant footage Halo should have won more.
Music
Halo 2 ← Half-Life 2
Graphics
Halo 2 ← Half-LIfe 2
Campaign
Halo 2 ← Half-Life 2
Replayability
Halo 2 ← Half-Life 2
Multiplayer
Halo 2 ← Half-Life 2 (Non-existent)

Also I can’t believe you think TWD should beat ME3…I played the demo and I love the show to death but it’s not game of the year material. ME3 for GOTY for sure if not Halo 4 which wasn’t really around.

> I love Halo to death, but Half Life 2…nothing can beat that.

Many games are better than Half-Life 2: Halo 2, Halo 3, Mass Effect 1,2,3 etc. We’re on a Halo forum people, where are all the Halo 2 fans at?

My question is, is why WII SPORTS was nominated for Game of the Decade? Halo definitely should’ve taken that spot.

Awards and votes are ultimately just opinions. I don’t put much stock in them personally. There have been thousands of great games over the years that never got remotely the accolades or notice that any Halo game has. It’s all relative.

I personally don’t care for Halo Life 2. However it was definitely more influential than Halo.

Any what kind of point is “It was only on PC until a while later”?

PCs BUILT gaming. No platform is entitled to any other game.

And even with Half Life 2 being on 360, it is still a better experience on PC.

> I personally don’t care for Halo Life 2.

Lol.

> I personally don’t care for Halo Life 2. However it was definitely more influential than Halo.
>
> Any what kind of point is “It was only on PC until a while later”?
>
> PCs BUILT gaming. No platform is entitled to any other game.
>
>
> And even with Half Life 2 being on 360, it is still a better experience on PC.

Half-Life 2 wasn’t more influential, oh my god, lol. Halo 2 defined a GENERATION of gaming and shooters forever and solidified them on the Xbox and consoles permanentley. Half-LIfe 2 to the best of my knowledge was PC only until a while later when it was released on the 360. I think it being a better experience is the opinion of the user because lets face it there is a huge rift in gaming and it’s PC/Console so I’ll just agree to disagree on it being a better PC experience.

Half-LIfe 2 had no multiplayer and it’s replayability was poor. I even heard from a couple of my “die-hard” Half-Life fans that the Aftermath DLC was not really good. I saw many stolen ideas from the halo universe as well.

Originally yes PCs built gaming, but let’s face it, all consoles are computers…so, it’s really just a style choice, it all started once consoles appeared and the great division began, bum bum bum.

Again, where my H2 fans @

Halo 2 for GOTD!

However, Halo 2 wasn’t a nominee, so Half Life 2 for sure! Glad it won!

And for GOTY? No surprise The Walking Dead won. Mass Effect 3 was second, IMO, but it lost because The Walking Dead did was MW3 did, but 10x better. Mass Effect 3 was a failure.

I knew the list was a joke (except for half-life 2 and bioshock) when they decided to include wii sports in there.

> Halo 2 for GOTD!
>
> However, Halo 2 wasn’t a nominee, so Half Life 2 for sure! Glad it won!
>
> And for GOTY? No surprise The Walking Dead won. Mass Effect 3 was second, IMO, but it lost because The Walking Dead did was MW3 did, but 10x better. Mass Effect 3 was a failure.

Theres no way a game like Walking Dead should beat Mass Effect 3, the ending was epic fail, but that was in big part to one of the oldest and best writers left the company. Not sure how WD did it 10x better. I haven’t played the other episodes but the demo definitely was enough to show me it was nowhere close to ME level game standards.

ME had better sound, story, gameplay, multiplayer, graphics, replayability, nuff said.

> > I personally don’t care for Halo Life 2. However it was definitely more influential than Halo.
> >
> > Any what kind of point is “It was only on PC until a while later”?
> >
> > PCs BUILT gaming. No platform is entitled to any other game.
> >
> >
> > And even with Half Life 2 being on 360, it is still a better experience on PC.
>
> Half-Life 2 wasn’t more influential, oh my god, lol. Halo 2 defined a GENERATION of gaming and shooters forever and solidified them on the Xbox and consoles permanentley. Half-LIfe 2 to the best of my knowledge was PC only until a while later when it was released on the 360. I think it being a better experience is the opinion of the user because lets face it there is a huge rift in gaming and it’s PC/Console so I’ll just agree to disagree on it being a better PC experience.
>
> Half-LIfe 2 had no multiplayer and it’s replayability was poor. I even heard from a couple of my “die-hard” Half-Life fans that the Aftermath DLC was not really good. I saw many stolen ideas from the halo universe as well.
>
> Originally yes PCs built gaming, but let’s face it, all consoles are computers…so, it’s really just a style choice, it all started once consoles appeared and the great division began, bum bum bum.
>
> Again, where my H2 fans @

Half Life in general was solely responsible for the shift to more linear, story driven, and thematic shooters. Half Life 2 itself had a uniquely told story. It featured great gameplay and delved into physics based puzzles. And in general revolutionized physics in video games.

Multiplayer is not a requirement at all, and the need to shoehorn it into everything is a directions the industry is taking that is awful.

PC STILL build gaming. Games are built on PCs, if the game is available on PC it is superior in every way to the console version. And there is no opinion. PCs support gamepads, run games smoother, and at higher resolutions, and allow for better lighting than consoles could ever imagine.

And the only “stolen ideas” were those that were in the previous game of 1998.

The fanboy is strong with this one. Can’t even appreciate an amazing game like Half Life 2? Gamers these days.

Half Life 2 was the best game I have ever played.

I don’t think Halo was even nominated for GoTD, or even GoTY for that matter.

After all the hype few years after it came out I had to try Half Life 2 and honestly for me it was the most overrated game I’ve played that year. Episode 2 was fantastic but rest was boring

> > I personally don’t care for Halo Life 2. However it was definitely more influential than Halo.
> >
> > Any what kind of point is “It was only on PC until a while later”?
> >
> > PCs BUILT gaming. No platform is entitled to any other game.
> >
> >
> > And even with Half Life 2 being on 360, it is still a better experience on PC.
>
> Half-Life 2 wasn’t more influential, oh my god, lol. Halo 2 defined a GENERATION of gaming and shooters forever and solidified them on the Xbox and consoles permanentley. Half-LIfe 2 to the best of my knowledge was PC only until a while later when it was released on the 360. I think it being a better experience is the opinion of the user because lets face it there is a huge rift in gaming and it’s PC/Console so I’ll just agree to disagree on it being a better PC experience.
>
> Half-LIfe 2 had no multiplayer and it’s replayability was poor. I even heard from a couple of my “die-hard” Half-Life fans that the Aftermath DLC was not really good. I saw many stolen ideas from the halo universe as well.
>
> Originally yes PCs built gaming, but let’s face it, all consoles are computers…so, it’s really just a style choice, it all started once consoles appeared and the great division began, bum bum bum.
>
> Again, where my H2 fans @

HL2 stole from Halo 2? How -yoinking- ignorant are you? I replayed the game plenty of times my self. Also, what did you see that was “stolen” from Halo? The game takes place in 2016…