Veto/Map Voting

Wondering if yall would like a veto/map voting system for MM? I personally would.

Yes, as much as people say they are worried of certain maps getting skipped eveytime, I play MCC and I’m always playing the same damn big team battle map on Reach. It’s rubbish at this point. Veto needs to be a thing. It’s a game of chance. And if majority of the lobby doesn’t wanna play a map then why should they.

I would hope they dont do a veto map system. you get stuck playing same maps just let it be random or in game rotations plus imagine all the time u would be saving.

I would personally prefer a veto system like Halo 3 had over a voting system. The veto only works once, and the next map to come up is the one you’re playing on.

I would love that. If the maps refresh after every match so players don’t choose the same map over and over again that would be great

So the game should have a three map voting system but you should also be able to use your vote as a downvote. If you don’t care which of the other two maps you play, as long as you don’t have to play that one particular map, then you can downvote instead of upvoting either of the other two and then the game goes by most net votes as usual. It is the best of both voting and veto. Now, some people simply do not want any player input at all, but the consequence of that is a lot more quitting and griefing or AFK’ing.

Also, I’ve been saying this for like almost 14 years now. Ever since the veto system was brought to Halo 3 and I thought it was genius then within a month or less wanted a voting system, but always wanted the ability to downvote. The only counterargument people made was that it was “too complicated.” :roll_eyes:

Voting/Vetoing takes too much time in my opinion. Their should be a preference option that lets you rate all the maps once and the information will feed into an algorithm. For example 32/32 players in a lobby like map A so it will have a higher chance of being randomly selected then the map that only 9/32 players liked. You’ll only have to vote once essentially.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Yes please.

Yes, I’d absolutely love to have this feature.

> 2535415525919240;1:
> Wondering if yall would like a veto/map voting system for MM? I personally would.

I don’t like the veto system. Every map on the rotation should be good or else it should be taken off.

Map voting is awful, absolutely awful. Never again.

In social I think you should join lobbies that rotate maps, people can leave after the game and be replaced but you can stay on meaning you get a chance to play through a bunch of different map or gametypes. Most modern games do this.

Maybe you could pick preferred maps on the menu and the game pairs you with players of similar preferences.

> 2535415525919240;1:
> Wondering if yall would like a veto/map voting system for MM? I personally would.

Not at all, no.

I support player choice in these things but player choice usually means picking whatever the fan favourite map is and never letting anything else get picked.

Gotta learn how to play good on any map no matter your thoughts on it.

> 2535469209672986;3:
> I would hope they dont do a veto map system. you get stuck playing same maps just let it be random or in game rotations plus imagine all the time u would be saving.

Isn’t that what the veto system is for, if you keep getting the same map, you veto it?..

As long as its like OG one, where you can veto the current map then chooses another one at random

> 2533274973876116;7:
> Voting/Vetoing takes too much time in my opinion. Their should be a preference option that lets you rate all the maps and the information will feed into an algorithm. For example 32/32 players in a lobby like map A so it will have a higher chance of being randomly selected then the map that only 9/32 players liked. You’ll only have to vote once essentially.

Yeah I’m totally agree

Veto system over voting any day of the week.

Veto needs to be a thing. Seriously.

I think veto needs to be brought back. Voting against a map then getting something random is completely fair to everyone imo

> 2533274801036271;11:
> Map voting is awful, absolutely awful. Never again.
>
> In social I think you should join lobbies that rotate maps, people can leave after the game and be replaced but you can stay on meaning you get a chance to play through a bunch of different map or gametypes. Most modern games do this.
>
> Maybe you could pick preferred maps on the menu and the game pairs you with players of similar preferences.

This is a good idea. Similar to how servers generally work in games. But for some reason games these days just refuse to let players stay in lobbies together after a match. It’s always a requeue

Big no-no to both.
I prefer it that the game choses the map. This way it is 100% neutral und without bias.