Veto (H3), Choice (Reach) or Neither (H2)?

Title pretty much says it all.

Personally, I’d rather have veto return. I know people will likely be a big fan of choice, but there are gametypes and maps that I haven’t even played on yet thanks to people choosing the same thing over and over again.

i liked the vote system, but i didn’t like how it took out things people didn’t vote for (like Territories for example)

we need choice, but we also need variety IMO

I’d like Reach’s voting system to return, but with a few improvements:

• If the voting is a draw, it gives another round of voting.
  • You vote for the gametype separately to the map, only in some playlists.
  • Maps and gametypes are more random.

I think that it should be a sort of mix, if it is a choice then all the maps should be playing the same game. Not like if you chose to play Living Dead most of the time the map choices would be a mix of Alpha Zombies, Infection, or Zombie Ghosts. I think they should make it so it is Only 1 gametype so that way you can play it on a different map then you normally would play it on.

I just want a BTBVIP and Territories to return.

H3’s veto system was GARBAGE!!! I’d rather have a voting system.

Definitely the veto system. People vote for the same thing every time. They have too much choice! :stuck_out_tongue:

Halo 2’s “no choice” offers forced variety and no control for the user
Halo 3’s “veto” offers forced variety and some control for the user
Reach’s “voting” offers almost no forced variety and near-total control for the user

It seems we have two extremes and one reasonable compromise.

Halo3’s system isn’t actually vetoing and the method used in H3 won’t stop players from choosing the map they want.
H3 offered 2 choices and you voted on the map you don’t want to play. That’s a the glass is half empty view and it’s about choosing what you don’t want.
Gametypes on maps you don’t like would still be played because players would choose to not play what you want to play.

Halo 3’s system, but for goodness sake, load the map after we’ve chosen whether to veto it.

I like choice. The more, the better.

What I imagine is a hybrid of the halo 3 and halo reach systems. You will get the choice of reach with the variation of halo 3 and halo 2. It would be the same as reaches is currently but instead of 4 choices you only get 2. If nothing is voted for it will automatically pick the first choice. And if the voting is tied it goes to choice 1 too. Basically it is the same system as halo 3 but instead of not being able to see the second option you get to see it and pick what one is best because many a time in while I was playing h3 I would veto a terrible game only to get a worse one. I think this system will increase the amount of variation while still giving people the choice that they so crave nowadays.

it’s funny you bring this up, some friends and I were discussing this the other day. I would like a mix between 3’s and Reach’s. Something like this.

1. 3 choices w/ NoTA
  2. If NoTA, 3 new choices, no more NoTA, if split 3 new choices
  3. No more choices, if split, top vote wins

I prefer the choice from Reach, but i would want to lose that top map get priority -Yoink- though.

Servers (Combat Evolved)

Thanks for the votes everyone. It looks like a tough choice between Reach’s voting and Halo 3’s vetoing for people.

> Servers (Combat Evolved)

I like the way you think. Unfortunately, you and I both know that isn’t going to happen.

I preferred Halo 3’s Veto system. It promoted more variety and it prevented players from always seeing the same maps over and over again. I know it’s annoying to Veto a map & gametype and then get something just as bad or worse, but then 343 will be able to tell that that map or gametype or map is unpopular and change the Matchmaking system for the better (you can’t get that data if everyone is voting for the same thing over and over again).

As TomoK12 said, I’d like an improved voting system.

Im fine with choices as long as it better then

we need choice, variety
Not the same map 3 times with similar game types

> Halo 2’s “no choice” offers forced variety and no control for the user
> Halo 3’s “veto” offers forced variety and some control for the user
> Reach’s “voting” offers almost no forced variety and near-total control for the user
>
> It seems we have two extremes and one reasonable compromise.

Agreed, Veto added much more variety.