Very Sad Halo 4 Fan (RELEASE ALL THE MAPS PLEASE!)

It’s sad that I feel like 343 while you guys do a lot of great things simple things that could go a long way would make a world of difference. Now I know not that many people play halo 4 still but for the ones that do who actually bought ever map pack which I will never do again I mean can you just make them free at this point so we can play on them I mean what harm can this do. I mean don’t you want people playing halo 4 before the release of halo 5 I bought MCC just to play halo 4 mainly in 1080p 60fps and just ended up giving the game to friend.

The only reason I own a xbox one which I never play is for halo so in the meantime can somebody tell somebody to either let all the map packs be free and update the playlist or sell halo 4 as a separate game on xbox one or fix MCC I don’t know it’s just all very sad. e3 is next week and while speaking about the 360 is forbidden it would be nice to see you guys trying to bring back all the people that ever liked halo. Halo 5 is while I know I will already love it a lot of people won’t so you guys need to start giving back and getting new players. I mean make halo 4 free games with gold and all map packs.

All the h4 maps r free in the MCC and h5 has a TON of free maps to look forward too.

> 2533274909139271;2:
> All the h4 maps r free in the MCC and h5 has a TON of free maps to look forward too.

So your saying in MCC I can play only halo 4 multiplayer last time I checked you couldn’t. Either way what is stopping 343 from releasing on 360 I mean these are some of the most loyal fans to still be playing this game. To anyone that accidentally buys the map pack still that is so wrong since they can’t even use them. It just makes them look greedy

> 2702159776430193;3:
> > 2533274909139271;2:
> > All the h4 maps r free in the MCC and h5 has a TON of free maps to look forward too.
>
>
> So your saying in MCC I can play only halo 4 multiplayer last time I checked you couldn’t. Either way what is stopping 343 from releasing on 360 I mean these are some of the most loyal fans to still be playing this game. To anyone that accidentally buys the map pack still that is so wrong since they can’t even use them. It just makes them look greedy

I don’t think it’s a 343i thing, it’s more a Microsoft thing. Paid map packs are a staple of the industry, so it’s something I’ve come to expect. If they gave all map packs away for free after a certain time post-launch, it would incentivize people to not buy the game at launch and reward those that wait. It’s pretty much rewarding people with both a discount on the game and for not buying the game withing a year of launch. MCC does all of the H4 maps, but purchasing MCC doesn’t mean you can download the maps on an Xbox 360. It just means you have all the maps within the context of playing MCC on an Xbone.

I guess what I’m saying is, don’t expect maps to be free.

> 2702159776430193;3:
> > 2533274909139271;2:
> > All the h4 maps r free in the MCC and h5 has a TON of free maps to look forward too.
>
>
> So your saying in MCC I can play only halo 4 multiplayer last time I checked you couldn’t. Either way what is stopping 343 from releasing on 360 I mean these are some of the most loyal fans to still be playing this game. To anyone that accidentally buys the map pack still that is so wrong since they can’t even use them. It just makes them look greedy

When was the last time you checked? Halo 4 has it’s own playlist in the MCC, and I go there often.

> 2702159776430193;1:
> It’s sad that I feel like 343 while you guys do a lot of great things simple things that could go a long way would make a world of difference. Now I know not that many people play halo 4 still but for the ones that do who actually bought ever map pack which I will never do again I mean can you just make them free at this point so we can play on them I mean what harm can this do. I mean don’t you want people playing halo 4 before the release of halo 5 I bought MCC just to play halo 4 mainly in 1080p 60fps and just ended up giving the game to friend.
>
> The only reason I own a xbox one which I never play is for halo so in the meantime can somebody tell somebody to either let all the map packs be free and update the playlist or sell halo 4 as a separate game on xbox one or fix MCC I don’t know it’s just all very sad. e3 is next week and while speaking about the 360 is forbidden it would be nice to see you guys trying to bring back all the people that ever liked halo. Halo 5 is while I know I will already love it a lot of people won’t so you guys need to start giving back and getting new players. I mean make halo 4 free games with gold and all map packs.

343 have no say in what is made free on the XBL marketplace, thats up to the people who do the product marketing and promotions. All 343 do is create the content, then hand it over to the Marketplace department. Also not sure if you’re aware but I’ve seen it plenty of times on here that Microsoft has a policy in place that prevents DLC with tied achievements being free unless there has been some sort of agreement with the developer/publisher of the game. And to add finally, theres no need to update any of the playlists to include DLC, since the DLC is already in every playlist. The reason the paid maps don’t show is because EVERYBODY in the game lobby need to have the DLC in order for the maps to show as voting options. If just 1 person has no DLC, they wont show and it has been this way since Halo 2 (until Halo 2 and 3 made the playlist require all DLC). Many people who still play this game either don’t have/don’t want the DLC, reducing the chances of DLC showing up for voting.

> 2533274859890948;6:
> > 2702159776430193;1:
> > It’s sad that I feel like 343 while you guys do a lot of great things simple things that could go a long way would make a world of difference. Now I know not that many people play halo 4 still but for the ones that do who actually bought ever map pack which I will never do again I mean can you just make them free at this point so we can play on them I mean what harm can this do. I mean don’t you want people playing halo 4 before the release of halo 5 I bought MCC just to play halo 4 mainly in 1080p 60fps and just ended up giving the game to friend.
> >
> > The only reason I own a xbox one which I never play is for halo so in the meantime can somebody tell somebody to either let all the map packs be free and update the playlist or sell halo 4 as a separate game on xbox one or fix MCC I don’t know it’s just all very sad. e3 is next week and while speaking about the 360 is forbidden it would be nice to see you guys trying to bring back all the people that ever liked halo. Halo 5 is while I know I will already love it a lot of people won’t so you guys need to start giving back and getting new players. I mean make halo 4 free games with gold and all map packs.
>
>
> 343 have no say in what is made free on the XBL marketplace, thats up to the people who do the product marketing and promotions. All 343 do is create the content, then hand it over to the Marketplace department. Also not sure if you’re aware but I’ve seen it plenty of times on here that Microsoft has a policy in place that prevents DLC with tied achievements being free unless there has been some sort of agreement with the developer/publisher of the game. And to add finally, theres no need to update any of the playlists to include DLC, since the DLC is already in every playlist. The reason the paid maps don’t show is because EVERYBODY in the game lobby need to have the DLC in order for the maps to show as voting options. If just 1 person has no DLC, they wont show and it has been this way since Halo 2 (until Halo 2 and 3 made the playlist require all DLC). Many people who still play this game either don’t have/don’t want the DLC, reducing the chances of DLC showing up for voting.

You’re actually wrong,343 directly can dictate any course of action for the product they create.They give the senior execs at their P.R. department the word that the maps in halo 5 (which will be free sometime in june of 2016 due to their willingness to not charge for it) will not cost anything, at least for the first batch of DLC.For someone who has barely played any of these games I sure do see you a lot around the forums throwing your opinions around.0_o…

> 2533274815131399;7:
> > 2533274859890948;6:
> > > 2702159776430193;1:
> > > It’s sad that I feel like 343 while you guys do a lot of great things simple things that could go a long way would make a world of difference. Now I know not that many people play halo 4 still but for the ones that do who actually bought ever map pack which I will never do again I mean can you just make them free at this point so we can play on them I mean what harm can this do. I mean don’t you want people playing halo 4 before the release of halo 5 I bought MCC just to play halo 4 mainly in 1080p 60fps and just ended up giving the game to friend.
> > >
> > > The only reason I own a xbox one which I never play is for halo so in the meantime can somebody tell somebody to either let all the map packs be free and update the playlist or sell halo 4 as a separate game on xbox one or fix MCC I don’t know it’s just all very sad. e3 is next week and while speaking about the 360 is forbidden it would be nice to see you guys trying to bring back all the people that ever liked halo. Halo 5 is while I know I will already love it a lot of people won’t so you guys need to start giving back and getting new players. I mean make halo 4 free games with gold and all map packs.
> >
> >
> > 343 have no say in what is made free on the XBL marketplace, thats up to the people who do the product marketing and promotions. All 343 do is create the content, then hand it over to the Marketplace department. Also not sure if you’re aware but I’ve seen it plenty of times on here that Microsoft has a policy in place that prevents DLC with tied achievements being free unless there has been some sort of agreement with the developer/publisher of the game. And to add finally, theres no need to update any of the playlists to include DLC, since the DLC is already in every playlist. The reason the paid maps don’t show is because EVERYBODY in the game lobby need to have the DLC in order for the maps to show as voting options. If just 1 person has no DLC, they wont show and it has been this way since Halo 2 (until Halo 2 and 3 made the playlist require all DLC). Many people who still play this game either don’t have/don’t want the DLC, reducing the chances of DLC showing up for voting.
>
>
> You’re actually wrong,343 directly can dictate any course of action for the product they create.They give the senior execs at their P.R. department the word that the maps in halo 5 (which will be free sometime in june of 2016 due to their willingness to not charge for it) will not cost anything, at least for the first batch of DLC.For someone who has barely played any of these games I sure do see you a lot around the forums throwing your opinions around.0_o…

Barely played? I’ve been a Halo player since 2001. Just because I havent had an Xbox in a while doesn’t mean I haven’t played. And as for what I said being my opinion, why dont you go look at all the other people who have said the exact same thing way before I even came onto these forums. Are you saying that even the people 343 have given title to are wrong too? Because all I’ve done is reiterate what they have posted n the past. Or are you just simply stalking me to harass me on every comment I post (which is starting to be what it seems like). If 343 can dictate what happens to their content, then why aren’t the Halo 4 maps free? Or the Anniversary map pack for Halo Reach which they had a lot of input on? Probably due to the DLC policy stopping them being made free, which again I never knew existed until I saw it posted on here by at least 6 or 7 different users. As I said, the Xbox Live Marketplace has nothing to do with 343, and the Marketplace department are ultimately the ones who make any decisions regarding promotions and special deals.

Also, have you ever thought that maybe the XBL division of Microsoft approved the maps to be free to make up for the complete mess that was MCC? Its not like the game has kept its fan base or anything, they need to do something to convince the people to come back. Besides 343 have already said the maps will be free so that it doesn’t split up whats left of the community and make sure players who have the maps are actually able to play on them (i.e they dont want a repeat of what happened on Halo Reach and Halo 4). Having the maps free allows for everyone to play together, which would in turn improve matchmaking since everybody would have all available DLC and there would be a wider selection of maps to choose from, making the game less stale.

> 2533274859890948;8:
> > 2533274815131399;7:
> > > 2533274859890948;6:
> > > > 2702159776430193;1:
> > > > It’s sad that I feel like 343 while you guys do a lot of great things simple things that could go a long way would make a world of difference. Now I know not that many people play halo 4 still but for the ones that do who actually bought ever map pack which I will never do again I mean can you just make them free at this point so we can play on them I mean what harm can this do. I mean don’t you want people playing halo 4 before the release of halo 5 I bought MCC just to play halo 4 mainly in 1080p 60fps and just ended up giving the game to friend.
> > > >
> > > > The only reason I own a xbox one which I never play is for halo so in the meantime can somebody tell somebody to either let all the map packs be free and update the playlist or sell halo 4 as a separate game on xbox one or fix MCC I don’t know it’s just all very sad. e3 is next week and while speaking about the 360 is forbidden it would be nice to see you guys trying to bring back all the people that ever liked halo. Halo 5 is while I know I will already love it a lot of people won’t so you guys need to start giving back and getting new players. I mean make halo 4 free games with gold and all map packs.
> > >
> > >
> > > 343 have no say in what is made free on the XBL marketplace, thats up to the people who do the product marketing and promotions. All 343 do is create the content, then hand it over to the Marketplace department. Also not sure if you’re aware but I’ve seen it plenty of times on here that Microsoft has a policy in place that prevents DLC with tied achievements being free unless there has been some sort of agreement with the developer/publisher of the game. And to add finally, theres no need to update any of the playlists to include DLC, since the DLC is already in every playlist. The reason the paid maps don’t show is because EVERYBODY in the game lobby need to have the DLC in order for the maps to show as voting options. If just 1 person has no DLC, they wont show and it has been this way since Halo 2 (until Halo 2 and 3 made the playlist require all DLC). Many people who still play this game either don’t have/don’t want the DLC, reducing the chances of DLC showing up for voting.
> >
> >
> > You’re actually wrong,343 directly can dictate any course of action for the product they create.They give the senior execs at their P.R. department the word that the maps in halo 5 (which will be free sometime in june of 2016 due to their willingness to not charge for it) will not cost anything, at least for the first batch of DLC.For someone who has barely played any of these games I sure do see you a lot around the forums throwing your opinions around.0_o…
>
>
> Barely played? I’ve been a Halo player since 2001. Just because I havent had an Xbox in a while doesn’t mean I haven’t played. And as for what I said being my opinion, why dont you go look at all the other people who have said the exact same thing way before I even came onto these forums. Are you saying that even the people 343 have given title to are wrong too? Because all I’ve done is reiterate what they have posted n the past. Or are you just simply stalking me to harass me on every comment I post (which is starting to be what it seems like). If 343 can dictate what happens to their content, then why aren’t the Halo 4 maps free? Or the Anniversary map pack for Halo Reach which they had a lot of input on? Probably due to the DLC policy stopping them being made free, which again I never knew existed until I saw it posted on here by at least 6 or 7 different users. As I said, the Xbox Live Marketplace has nothing to do with 343, and the Marketplace department are ultimately the ones who make any decisions regarding promotions and special deals.
>
> Also, have you ever thought that maybe the XBL division of Microsoft approved the maps to be free to make up for the complete mess that was MCC? Its not like the game has kept its fan base or anything, they need to do something to convince the people to come back. Besides 343 have already said the maps will be free so that it doesn’t split up whats left of the community and make sure players who have the maps are actually able to play on them (i.e they dont want a repeat of what happened on Halo Reach and Halo 4). Having the maps free allows for everyone to play together, which would in turn improve matchmaking since everybody would have all available DLC and there would be a wider selection of maps to choose from, making the game less stale.

Ha,Since 2001? Sure you have,Allegedly just like everyone else on this damn website.What a coincidence,Mr. Wall-O-Text! I can see you’re angry so there’s no point in trying to get a civil discussion going here,You’re still wrong at the end of the day,dude.

> 2533274815131399;9:
> > 2533274859890948;8:
> > > 2533274815131399;7:
> > > > 2533274859890948;6:
> > > > > 2702159776430193;1:
> > > > > It’s sad that I feel like 343 while you guys do a lot of great things simple things that could go a long way would make a world of difference. Now I know not that many people play halo 4 still but for the ones that do who actually bought ever map pack which I will never do again I mean can you just make them free at this point so we can play on them I mean what harm can this do. I mean don’t you want people playing halo 4 before the release of halo 5 I bought MCC just to play halo 4 mainly in 1080p 60fps and just ended up giving the game to friend.
> > > > >
> > > > > The only reason I own a xbox one which I never play is for halo so in the meantime can somebody tell somebody to either let all the map packs be free and update the playlist or sell halo 4 as a separate game on xbox one or fix MCC I don’t know it’s just all very sad. e3 is next week and while speaking about the 360 is forbidden it would be nice to see you guys trying to bring back all the people that ever liked halo. Halo 5 is while I know I will already love it a lot of people won’t so you guys need to start giving back and getting new players. I mean make halo 4 free games with gold and all map packs.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > 343 have no say in what is made free on the XBL marketplace, thats up to the people who do the product marketing and promotions. All 343 do is create the content, then hand it over to the Marketplace department. Also not sure if you’re aware but I’ve seen it plenty of times on here that Microsoft has a policy in place that prevents DLC with tied achievements being free unless there has been some sort of agreement with the developer/publisher of the game. And to add finally, theres no need to update any of the playlists to include DLC, since the DLC is already in every playlist. The reason the paid maps don’t show is because EVERYBODY in the game lobby need to have the DLC in order for the maps to show as voting options. If just 1 person has no DLC, they wont show and it has been this way since Halo 2 (until Halo 2 and 3 made the playlist require all DLC). Many people who still play this game either don’t have/don’t want the DLC, reducing the chances of DLC showing up for voting.
> > >
> > >
> > > You’re actually wrong,343 directly can dictate any course of action for the product they create.They give the senior execs at their P.R. department the word that the maps in halo 5 (which will be free sometime in june of 2016 due to their willingness to not charge for it) will not cost anything, at least for the first batch of DLC.For someone who has barely played any of these games I sure do see you a lot around the forums throwing your opinions around.0_o…
> >
> >
> > Barely played? I’ve been a Halo player since 2001. Just because I havent had an Xbox in a while doesn’t mean I haven’t played. And as for what I said being my opinion, why dont you go look at all the other people who have said the exact same thing way before I even came onto these forums. Are you saying that even the people 343 have given title to are wrong too? Because all I’ve done is reiterate what they have posted n the past. Or are you just simply stalking me to harass me on every comment I post (which is starting to be what it seems like). If 343 can dictate what happens to their content, then why aren’t the Halo 4 maps free? Or the Anniversary map pack for Halo Reach which they had a lot of input on? Probably due to the DLC policy stopping them being made free, which again I never knew existed until I saw it posted on here by at least 6 or 7 different users. As I said, the Xbox Live Marketplace has nothing to do with 343, and the Marketplace department are ultimately the ones who make any decisions regarding promotions and special deals.
> >
> > Also, have you ever thought that maybe the XBL division of Microsoft approved the maps to be free to make up for the complete mess that was MCC? Its not like the game has kept its fan base or anything, they need to do something to convince the people to come back. Besides 343 have already said the maps will be free so that it doesn’t split up whats left of the community and make sure players who have the maps are actually able to play on them (i.e they dont want a repeat of what happened on Halo Reach and Halo 4). Having the maps free allows for everyone to play together, which would in turn improve matchmaking since everybody would have all available DLC and there would be a wider selection of maps to choose from, making the game less stale.
>
>
> Ha,Since 2001? Sure you have,Allegedly just like everyone else on this damn website.What a coincidence,Mr. Wall-O-Text! I can see you’re angry so there’s no point in trying to get a civil discussion going here,You’re still wrong at the end of the day,dude.

Oh, you’re one of those people, those who jump to conclusions about people being mad when they give well thought out replies that prove you wrong. If I’m wrong, then what you are basically saying is that the people on these forums with title given to them by 343 (such as Sec3Ops or Community Engineers) who have at least some minor affiliation with 343 are also wrong? Yeah OK good look with that, go tell them they’re they’re wrong too see where it gets you. I can tell you’re butt hurt from being proven wrong, and you have yet to provide any reason as to why the people who I have quoted are wrong.