Vehicular combat

in every HALO, there has been vehicles, and in every game, it comes to a chalange to a player, or a team to destroy the vehicle, or at least counter it

vehicular combat was always fun in the past HALO’s and reach runied it

Reach made it so any vehicle can be EASILY ripped to shreads by small arms fire, like the DMR, meaning that you spawn right off with an anti-armor weapon
you can’t drive two feet without being spammed by DMR fire

another fact about the DMR is the fact that it can flip vehicles,
the last time i checked, one small bullet can’t flip a 5 ton warthog
even to the most experienced vehicle drivers/pilots, the DMR is the most overpowered weapon in the history of HALO

another (slightly minor) problem is armor lock, splatters are considered useless because of this

bungie thought that the already useful and skill-orientated weapon needed to be buffed, so they made it an anti-vehicular weapon…what?

what were they thinking???

enough about the terribad counters

the vehicles themselves

some veicles are fine as they NOW are, some of them were fine BEFORE reach

some of the veicles that were fine to begin with are things like the banshee

the banshee (as you all know) can be horribly abused, the Fuel rod gun has been epicly buffed, and a buff that is not needed at all, in Halo 3 a good aim and a smart pilot could easily get a kill with a fuel rod, now all you have to do is point, shoot, and flip and you can get an Unfrigginbelevable without trying

a vehicle that’s good now is the warthog believe it or not

bungie gave it some agustments that benefit people who are smart with vehicles
like the minigun now has an overheat limit, this it helpful to the driver as the controller is not constantly vibrating as the gunner keeps the gun spooled

it also is quite bouncer, encouraging drivers to watch where their going instead of flooring it

other improvements include the fact that you can now disable a tank’s main weapon, this comes useful for tank vs. tank warfare, so the tide is not instantly decided based on who shot first

vehicles used to be the awesome part about halo (IMO) but reach ruined it

343i PLEASE fix vehicles in HALO 4!!!

thoughts?

No need to worry, there will be armoured vehicles in Halo 4 as well as forerunner vehicles which, yeah they don’t need armour…

It’s true that the DMR makes vehicles ‘armed golfcarts’. Also, the Wraith can shoot off boarders. What’s up with that? Does that somehow balance the Scorpions mega-cannon? The Scorpion is too deadly on most maps, hence its rarely seen. Why did Bungie squander the vehicles so badly? We may never know.

but will there be an overpowered anti-everything gun?

and will the vehicles be usefully overpowered, like their supposed to be, not rediculusly overpowered

> It’s true that the DMR makes vehicles ‘armed golfcarts’. Also, the Wraith can shoot off boarders. What’s up with that? Does that somehow balance the Scorpions mega-cannon? The Scorpion is too deadly on most maps, hence its rarely seen. Why did Bungie squander the vehicles so badly? We may never know.

maybe the fact that in order to make as many sales as they possible could before Microsoft gave them the ax, they built the multiplayer in favor to noobs rather than the past halos

lol
armed golfcarts

and what do you mean wraiths can shoot off borders

“In Halo 4 there will be more vehicles then ever before”, as well as that the forerunner vehicles will entirely replace the covenant, the new enemy is most likely forerunner because in the concept art they showed futuristic representations of the forerunner vehnicles and it has been heard that some of the forerunners and the UNSC had conflict issues because there was brigades of UNSC Spartans that had been eliminated, in other words the planet is inhabbited by some obnoxious and idiodic leader like that of 2 and 3 that’s either going to die or not die and lead onto Halo 5 (this will most likely happen) where chief will again be the hero to stop the enemy from causing any major scale problems. Not to worry guys the new enemy is looking very cool and the gameplay is looking better then that of all Halo’s. Shut up and believe me or go play cod blackops because you know you need another unreleastic fps where people don’t die after being shot in the chest a few times, that game got allot of sells built on total -Yoink- (it was supposed to be the game of our time when it came out), but what did it prove? The call of duty series is full of flaws and will be more random then that of Halo and battlefield because of it’s multi license issue and after BF3 cod will slowly die as the fools relise the gameplay difference. Modern Warfare 3 has been built on the same basic engine and gameplay except they made the snipers 10x worse and more rigged, like every soldier can just walk around the corner and immediately out play an assault rifle or shotgun by no scoping. For god sakes the games supposed to be based in actual “Modern War”, what is this no scoping wtf? BF3 will hit the top sales between this year and the time that Halo 4 comes out and then when Halo 4 comes out those diehard hardcores will go nuts over Halo 4 including me no doubt and the Halo series will be yet again be on the top of the xbox’s best sellers. Why? How do you know this? BF3 will split all of that of the cod fanboy base and by the time Halo 4 come out everybody will be long bored from the games from ‘last year’. How did I get onto this topic… oh well.

Yet another “Reach ruined everything great about Halo” rage-post. The vehicular combat in Reach is fine. The balance is different, but it still feels like it should in a Halo title.

> Yet another “Reach ruined everything great about Halo” rage-post. The vehicular combat in Reach is fine. The balance is different, but it still feels like it should in a Halo title.

If you read my post more thourougly you would of noticed that I wasn’t complaining about reach. I was saying that cod stole all the heat from reach when they both came out.

Twizzsted is right vehicle combat is a major part of gameplay which made halo 2 and 3 so much fun. A rocket or anti armor weapon should kill a vehicle by shooting it. Making vehicles strong as halo 3 or a little weaker but not like reach.
You can kill the driver by shooting off the hatch, plant a grenade, or blow it up with a heavy weapon or another vehicle.

DMRs shouldn’t kill a tank by shooting it in the tends

> > Yet another “Reach ruined everything great about Halo” rage-post. The vehicular combat in Reach is fine. The balance is different, but it still feels like it should in a Halo title.
>
> If you read my post more thourougly you would of noticed that I wasn’t complaining about reach. I was saying that cod stole all the heat from reach when they both came out.

Okay, but you did say “vehicular combat was always fun in the past HALO’s and reach runied it.” I am saying vehicular combat is still fun in Reach. If 343i makes it even more balanced in Halo 4, then all the better.

Press ctrl+F for windows or cmd+F for mac and type the words ‘Reach’ now scroll accross my posts. You will now see that I did not incorpate the word “REACH” in my posts.

> > > Yet another “Reach ruined everything great about Halo” rage-post. The vehicular combat in Reach is fine. The balance is different, but it still feels like it should in a Halo title.
> >
> > If you read my post more thourougly you would of noticed that I wasn’t complaining about reach. I was saying that cod stole all the heat from reach when they both came out.
>
> Okay, but you did say “vehicular combat was always fun in the past HALO’s and reach runied it.” I am saying vehicular combat is still fun in Reach. If 343i makes it even more balanced in Halo 4, then all the better.

lol
you’re talking to the wrong guy

i’m the OP

an i correct you, as i did not mean to insult reach directly

its the DMR and such i hate

Reach is awesome

> Twizzsted is right vehicle combat is a major part of gameplay which made halo 2 and 3 so much fun. A rocket or anti armor weapon should kill a vehicle by shooting it. Making vehicles strong as halo 3 or a little weaker but not like reach.
> You can kill the driver by shooting off the hatch, plant a grenade, or blow it up with a heavy weapon or another vehicle.
>
> DMRs shouldn’t kill a tank by shooting it in the tends

you know whats funny about reach bisides the fact that small arms fire can destroy vehicles?

the heavy weapons part

there are hardly ANY on Reach’s maps

lets see…

Hemorrhage:
HWs: plasma launcher… that’s it? its not even useful ageinst vehicles, its an anti-infantry heavy weapon

Abriged:

2 Rocket launchers… not bad, but still useless

Paraduso:

1 SPlaser…lol no

(the newer pariduso)
i dont see any

lol

in games like halo 3, there were quite a few HW’s on a map

meaning that vehicles COULD dominate the map, but are balanced as well

in Reach, vehicles are flat out trash

> > It’s true that the DMR makes vehicles ‘armed golfcarts’. Also, the Wraith can shoot off boarders. What’s up with that?
>
> and what do you mean wraiths can shoot off borders

If your Wraith is boarded from the front side, you can aim down and shoot the guy clean off. Hella stupid.

never knew you could do that, whenever i get boarded, i shoot at the ground, or try to angle my shots, nothing happens, and i get killed

> Reach made it so any vehicle can be EASILY ripped to shreads by small arms fire, like the DMR, meaning that you spawn right off with an anti-armor weapon
> you can’t drive two feet without being spammed by DMR fire
>
> the banshee (as you all know) can be horribly abused, the Fuel rod gun has been epicly buffed, and a buff that is not needed at all, in Halo 3 a good aim and a smart pilot could easily get a kill with a fuel rod, now all you have to do is point, shoot, and flip and you can get an Unfrigginbelevable without trying

> in Reach, vehicles are flat out trash

Your so inconsistent it’s not even hilarious.

> but will there be an overpowered anti-everything gun?
>
> and will the vehicles be usefully overpowered, like their supposed to be, not rediculusly overpowered

That is called the halo 2 scarab gun, my friend.

> > Reach made it so any vehicle can be EASILY ripped to shreads by small arms fire, like the DMR, meaning that you spawn right off with an anti-armor weapon
> > you can’t drive two feet without being spammed by DMR fire
> >
> > the banshee (as you all know) can be horribly abused, the Fuel rod gun has been epicly buffed, and a buff that is not needed at all, in Halo 3 a good aim and a smart pilot could easily get a kill with a fuel rod, now all you have to do is point, shoot, and flip and you can get an Unfrigginbelevable without trying
>
>
>
> > in Reach, vehicles are flat out trash
>
> Your so inconsistent it’s not even hilarious.

It’s true though. The banshee’s weapons are way too powerful, but it can be taken down in like 2 seconds.

Bring back Halo 2/3 vehicles. (HALO 2 WRAITH, if it features)

And make sure the Spartan Laser or Plasma Launcher stays the hell away. Just give us a rocket launcher.

> Yet another “Reach ruined everything great about Halo” rage-post. The vehicular combat in Reach is fine. The balance is different, but it still feels like it should in a Halo title.

No. Reach vehicle combat sucks.

Bring back the H2/H3 vehicle system.