Vehicles should be more powerful in Halo 5

In Halo 4, everyone will just EMP blast the vehicles, stopping the vehicles and throw plasma grenades at it. In Halo 5 however, they should be more vehicle improvements like:
-Remove EMP mechanic
-Vehicle are more defensive
-Eject mechanic when the vehicle is on fire
-Some non-hijack vehicles but have large weak points

Got any ideas?

I think vehicles are just fine honestly. You just need a good warthog driver to avoid infantry due to plasma pistols and sticky grenades, a good pilot can dodge plasma charges, and I know the Wraith has a large weak point in its back due to it being so difficult to hi jack due to the boosting ram.

-Remove EMP mechanic
Thankfully you can’t spawn with a Plasma Pistol in Halo 5 (as there are no loadouts - outside of game settings/options for custom games), so that mitigates the abuse of the EMP mechanic in Halo 4. Personally I find the EMP mechanic just fine, but I won’t mind if it’s taken out.

-Vehicle are more defensive
Vehicle-wise, they should not take damage from small arms fire. I’m sick of vehicles in Halo being torn apart by Battle Rifles, Pistols, etc. In my opinion they should return to Halo CE’s damage system for the vehicles - where the driver’s energy shields and the health is damaged when the vehicle is shot at. Power Weapons such as the Rocket Launcher, however, would make sense if it destroyed the vehicle.

-Eject mechanic when the vehicle is on fire
The vehicles have a “buffer” zone while still being on fire, and are fully operable until they explode from taking any more damage. I’d rather have agency as to when I choose to exit the vehicle rather than being automatically ejected from it when it’s close to exploding.

-Some non-hijack vehicles but have large weak points
All vehicles should be hijackable, or none at all.

Honestly, vehicles should be fine as long as they don’t have the tissue paper armor that they did in 4. Weapons like the assault and battle rifles should only do minimal to no damage.

Gimme Halo 3 vehicles (or something similar) back. Reach vehicles were paper and Halo 4 vehicles were even worse. Weapons like the rocket launcher, brute shot, plasma pistol, spartan laser, concussion rifle, frag and plasma grenades, etc. are made to kill vehicles. Not DMRs and Sniper Rifles, or even worse in Halo 4, Assault Rifles. If you’re a good sniper, you should be able to snipe the players out of a vehicle, not just fire at the vehicle until it explodes. That doesn’t make for good gameplay. In Halo 3, a team of BR-wielders had to aim at the players in a vehicle to kill them, not just spam the vehicle until, again, it explodes. Also, overall driving and physics were better in Halo 3. I don’t know why, it was just something about them.

> 2533274826435068;5:
> Gimme Halo 3 vehicles (or something similar) back. Reach vehicles were paper and Halo 4 vehicles were even worse. Weapons like the rocket launcher, brute shot, plasma pistol, spartan laser, concussion rifle, frag and plasma grenades, etc. are made to kill vehicles. Not DMRs and Sniper Rifles, or even worse in Halo 4, Assault Rifles. If you’re a good sniper, you should be able to snipe the players out of a vehicle, not just fire at the vehicle until it explodes. That doesn’t make for good gameplay. In Halo 3, a team of BR-wielders had to aim at the players in a vehicle to kill them, not just spam the vehicle until, again, it explodes. Also, overall driving and physics were better in Halo 3. I don’t know why, it was just something about them.

this. Nothing was worse than being a good operator and still getting killed because some guy shot your scorpion tank with small arms across the map. Reach’s vehicles apparently didn’t take damage unless you lost your shields so that’s at least better than Halo 4.

Should some vehicles be glass cannons? Sure I don’t mind since that encourages skill or teamwork, but I’m so tired of players spamming vehicles to death with small arms weapons. Shoot the operator out if anything, but the only vehicles that should be destroyed by small arms should be a ghost and mongoose if anything. You should have to plant a grenade or use ordinance to take out the heavier vehicles.

I think the removal of load outs will make vehicles more viable again. There’s no need to remove plasma pistol EMPs, but a good vehicle team will know to control plasma pistol spawns.

i don’t mind vehicles taking small arms damage, but they should be much more durable. With BR starts, many vehicles became useless, because a team of 4 could effortlessly take out any vehicle.

I never thought H4 vehicles were all that easy to destroy, and the survivor upgrade made vehicle destruction meaningless anyway. But if you really want more resilient vehicles then all you’re saying to the 12 players in a btb match who don’t get one is, “thanks for showing up so the other four of us can have a really good time.” No thanks.