Vehicles... likes, dislikes and more?????????

Sorry if this topic has been made before.
I have been watching multiplayer game play of the vehicles in halo 4, and with the mongoose, warthog and ghost they all seem to run perfectly and people say they do aswell.
Then just recently i watched the RTX Halo 4 Panel and i saw the banshee, it looked okay but one main thing that disappointed me was how it moved. It looked as if it did flips, etc like it did in halo 3 which i found really slow and pointless. Where i would like to see it to be in halo 4 just as it was in halo reach, which was fast and fun.
If anyone can tell me more about the vehicles and more please leave a comment. THX

My thoughts about Halo 4’s vehicles:
The new blue Ghost is beautiful.
I hate that 343i is using the Reach Banshee model in Halo 4.

> My thoughts about Halo 4’s vehicles:
> The new blue Ghost is beautiful.
> I hate that 343i is using the Reach Banshee model in Halo 4.

^^Yep, and the Warthog had a refresh design
But wait, didn’t the Ghost look VERY similar to Reach’s??

The ghost is probably the vehicle that has looked the most similar.

I think both the ghost and banshee look fine, just only add a few new things to the look and its perfect to me.

I think both the ghost and banshee look fine, just only add a few new things to the look and its perfect to me.

As long as the warthog returns to its glory im fine

And I think they all look good …

> I hate that 343i is using the Reach Banshee model in Halo 4.

Reach’s Banshee model was the only one that didn’t look impractical.

Seriously, who would design an exoatmospheric/atmospheric fighter craft that has the pilot’s legs hanging out?

I hate the fact that 343 is using the Reach model of the Banshee, and not a modified version of the Halo 3 Banshee. The Halo 3 one was a lot simpler.

> I hate the fact that 343 is using the Reach model of the Banshee, and not a modified version of the Halo 3 Banshee. The Halo 3 one was a lot simpler.

And a whole lot more impractical.

> > I hate the fact that 343 is using the Reach model of the Banshee, and not a modified version of the Halo 3 Banshee. The Halo 3 one was a lot simpler.
>
> And a whole lot more impractical.

And inefficient. The Halo 3 Banshee turned and flipped so slowly all it did was to serve some slight amusement.

Still the weaponry on it was fairly good.

Reach one was too fast.

Anyway can i have the link to the banshee gameplay?

The problem:

The freaking Banshee is hard to control.

It’s forward movement speed + lack of hover + emphasis on boost gives it a pathetic strafe compared to the CE Banshee (which was when it’s AI pilots were the most aggressive). At least the H2 Banshee was done well. The H3 Banshee wasn’t.

Basically, it’s vulnerable.

Bungie’s solution:

-Reduce the waiting time for flips
-make the flips fast

Why this is bad:

-Hard to hit Banshee
-fuel rod cannon spam

343’s solution:

-nerf flips
-buff health

What this could mean:

-return of hover
-better strafe, you know, when the Banshee doesn’t always have to rely on it’s boost to survive…
-more controllable/manageable Banshee speed
-less emphasis on fuel rod cannon. I remember a time where the plasma bolts were useful. That’s certainly not the case as of Reach
-flips feel more similar to H2’s, which is when flips were the best IMO

> Anyway can i have the link to the banshee gameplay?

Here.

I really hope we’re getting more than 2 new vehicles

Now that we have had a taste of it, there has to be a Human flyer in the game, the hornet was alright, but the Falcon was awesome. Need something like that back.

Although from what we’ve seen of a ‘Big map’ in terms of Longbow (that it?) they don’t seem to vast.

I wonder if we get a forge World type map which is massive in scope, I’d love to see something like that again, flying the falcon around that is awesome.

> I really hope we’re getting more than 2 new vehicles
>
> Now that we have had a taste of it, there has to be a Human flyer in the game, the hornet was alright, but the Falcon was awesome. Need something like that back.

We’ve already seen the Falcon on an ingame image. Well it’s back. :smiley:

> ]We’ve already seen the Falcon on an ingame image. Well it’s back. :smiley:

:open_mouth:

Link?

> <mark>I hate that 343i is using the Reach Banshee model in Halo 4.</mark>

They’re not. Can you not see the differences?

OT: I love all the vehicles so far in the game. :stuck_out_tongue:

RTX Banshee

Yay! I could not be more glad they’ve nerfed flipping. Maybe we will actually have our balanced banshee back!

Reach’s banshee: 8 MLG player vs. 1 banshee -guess who won.

In terms of looks I just wish theyd redesign the wings to be more like banshees of old. Other than that I think Reachs design to be awesome.

As long as all of the BTB maps have at least mongooses or falcons on them I will happily be running the rest of you over in Halo 4. I could honestly care less about the rest of the stuff too terribly much.