Vehicles. Lets talk about them vehicles.

I would not mind if every vehicle in Halo’s past showed up in some way in Halo 4. I mean the sandbox for forge, customs, and just general maps and even Campaign (if done right of course) would be awesome. Imagine having Forge with

Warthog (LAAG)
Warthog (Gauss)
Warthog (Rocket)
Warthog (Transport)
Ghost
Wraith
Scorpion
Mangoose
Hornet
Banshee
Falcon
Chopper
Prowler
Spectre
Revenant
Shade Turret

I say, Why not? Or at least a good amount of these. For example maybe the Spectre OR the Prowler, or something between a Hornet and a Falcon.

General Balance

Warthog_
Pretty good armor. However low side protection. Small arms fire is pretty useless however hitting the player(s) in will do signifacant damage. However a team of BR’s will not be able to destroy a warthog by just shooting the warthog

MG=OverHeat is fine with this weapon. However it needs more range and damage. For something that can overheat it should be at least 5% stronger then Halo Reach.

Gauss=This needs some good balance. It is literally so OP it’s not even funny. Simply put, slower ROF, but still very strong. It’s really more the same as Halo2,3 and Reach but with twice the wait time per shot.

Rocket=A good mix of PC and Reach. I would say 6 well powered rockets with small splash damage. Better tracking against aerial vehicles, Slightly less wait time per shot.

Ghost/Revenant

Ghost=A lot of front armor, Little side/back cover. More like it’s Halo:CE type, the Ghost would be able to stun bigger vehicles. However would still have limited boost, and overall “weak” cannons. Each Cannon would do about the same damage as a Plasma Rifle does. However with the stun factor and unlimited fire rate it would easily make up for that.

Revenant=Twice as much front armor as a Ghost. The weapon would be a similar fashion to Reach. However more splash damage. Overall just a stronger Revenant.

Chopper

Chopper=Can’t think of much on this. Pretty much the same as Halo 3. Of course some better controlling. Yet weapons work fine. Same “Smashing” feel. Of course better sounds and if anything more spikey and deadly looking.

Prowler/Spectre

Prowler=A more nimble vehicle compared to the other hovering types. Even against the Ghost. However it will have the same UBER GLIDE it had in Halo 3. Yet a stronger weapon.

Spectre=Almost a breed between a Revenant and a Warthog. Turret would be weaker then the Warthog LMG yet would be over faster and have better armor for it’s driver.

Wraith/Scorpion

Wraith=Most powerful weapon on any vehicle. More then twice as much blast radius then the scorpion. However a slower ROF. It has powerful armor however it’s back side is literally uncovered and easily destroyed.

Scorpion=A much weaker tank compared to the Wraith. Yet what it lacks in general power it gains in general speed and ROF. It’s armor is second best to that of the Wraith. Yet being able to dish out 2 shots for every 1 shot wraith shot.

Falcon/Hornet

Hornet=A single piloted vehicle. With no side seats anymore. The two machine guns are about as powerful as the SMG (similar to how the ghost is like two plasma rifles). However it has more range, unlimited ammo, and of course more stream line. It is nible, fast, easy to use and can easily trick any ground vehicle not good enough to take it out.

Falcon=Warthog of the sky. But the way it should be. Replace machine guns with Gatling Guns. With higher ROF and more power. The general lay out is the same as Halo Reaches however more armor against small arms. As well as SIDE SEATS IN MULTIPLAYER.

Falcons should be able to carry 5 players. However the two side seats have no offensive measures (i.e no guns)

Other vehicles or variats

Just general ideas.

Spectre with FRG

Prowler with Brute Shot Turret

Falcon with Rocket Turrets

Inb4wewantdrivablepelicans.

:stuck_out_tongue:

I wanna pilot the super sentinals from halo 2 “enforcers”

This is entirely speculation, but from that map with the cyclops being built, I would be surprised to see a usable cyclops in campaign.

I glad someone posted about vehicles. But these are some good ideas. And I honestly miss the Specter, that is my favorite vehicle. Sad it was only in (I think) Quarantine Bay in Halo 2. I hope they bring it back. Though with the covenant, we don’t know if anything covenant related will be in the game. Lets hope, wait, and see.

A Mech would be so bad–Yoink-.

Enforcers I don’t think so, sadly they aren’t vehicles, just big -Yoink- sentinels. Yet maybe they will be vehicles again.

As far as Pelicans and Phantoms, Maybe once, like a bonus/one mission. Yet I’m sure by Halo 6 we will!

> I glad someone posted about vehicles. But these are some good ideas. And I honestly miss the Specter, that is my favorite vehicle. Sad it was only in (I think) Quarantine Bay in Halo 2. I hope they bring it back. Though with the covenant, we don’t know if anything covenant related will be in the game. Lets hope, wait, and see.

The Covenant are in. It was confirmed in a bulletin. They said they’ll be in-game in a different way than before. I don’t think they’d scrap Covy tech from the game.

Also, I loved the Specter as well. It was more nimble than the 'hog, but with much less power. Well-balanced vehicle, in my opinion.

Pelican
Phantom
Spirit
Elephant
Scorpion variant

> > I glad someone posted about vehicles. But these are some good ideas. And I honestly miss the Specter, that is my favorite vehicle. Sad it was only in (I think) Quarantine Bay in Halo 2. I hope they bring it back. Though with the covenant, we don’t know if anything covenant related will be in the game. Lets hope, wait, and see.
>
> The Covenant are in. It was confirmed in a bulletin. They said they’ll be in-game in a different way than before. I don’t think they’d scrap Covy tech from the game.
>
> Also, I loved the Specter as well. It was more nimble than the 'hog, but with much less power. Well-balanced vehicle, in my opinion.

I loved starting a game of BTB on waterworks. I was the guy that got in the driver seat and drove off the cliff with three other people in it.

If the Revenant never returns. I will cry no tears. (maybe tears of joy but that is it)

as long as the vehicles are ‘fixed’ in H4, no matter it be the Hog, Banshee, Wraith, etc…I don’t care.

I would REALLY like to see a UNSC space fighter to compete w/the Banshee (saber?) because frankly, after the Reach banshee FAIL I have a distaste for them now…

and PLEASE NO FALCON, what a waste…

> Mangoose

No offence, but that typo is hilarious xD.

the battlemech from the trailer

> as long as the vehicles are ‘fixed’ in H4, no matter it be the Hog, Banshee, Wraith, etc…I don’t care.
>
> I would REALLY like to see a UNSC space fighter to compete w/the Banshee (saber?) because frankly, after the Reach banshee FAIL I have a distaste for them now…
>
> and PLEASE NO FALCON, what a waste…

i LOVE the falcon. It blows up too easily… but its a great piece of the sandbox.

Just don’t make the vehicles out of cardboard and we’re good.

The Revenant is a plain beast of a vehicle. Such damn fun to drive and a perfect weapon, can be powerful but still requires some skill to aim. It’s like somebody took the Ghost’s splattering ability and coupled it with the Hog’s size and power. My favourite Halo vehicle of all time, just ahead of the Chopper.

> Just don’t make the vehicles out of cardboard and we’re good.

Reach’s damage system would be fine… if the vehicles had regenerating health.

> I would not mind if every vehicle in Halo’s past showed up in some way in Halo 4. I mean the sandbox for forge, customs, and just general maps and even Campaign (if done right of course) would be awesome. Imagine having Forge with
>
> Warthog (LAAG)
> Warthog (Gauss)
> Warthog (Rocket)
> Warthog (Transport)
> Ghost
> Wraith
> Scorpion
> Mangoose
> Hornet
> Banshee
> Falcon
> Chopper
> Prowler
> Spectre
> Revenant
> Shade Turret
>
> I say, Why not? Or at least a good amount of these. For example maybe the Spectre OR the Prowler, or something between a Hornet and a Falcon.
>
> General Balance
>
> Warthog_
> Pretty good armor. However low side protection. Small arms fire is pretty useless however hitting the player(s) in will do signifacant damage. However a team of BR’s will not be able to destroy a warthog by just shooting the warthog
>
> MG=OverHeat is fine with this weapon. However it needs more range and damage. For something that can overheat it should be at least 5% stronger then Halo Reach.
>
> Gauss=This needs some good balance. It is literally so OP it’s not even funny. Simply put, slower ROF, but still very strong. It’s really more the same as Halo2,3 and Reach but with twice the wait time per shot.
>
> Rocket=A good mix of PC and Reach. I would say 6 well powered rockets with small splash damage. Better tracking against aerial vehicles, Slightly less wait time per shot.
>
> Ghost/Revenant
>
> Ghost=A lot of front armor, Little side/back cover. More like it’s Halo:CE type, the Ghost would be able to stun bigger vehicles. However would still have limited boost, and overall “weak” cannons. Each Cannon would do about the same damage as a Plasma Rifle does. However with the stun factor and unlimited fire rate it would easily make up for that.
>
> Revenant=Twice as much front armor as a Ghost. The weapon would be a similar fashion to Reach. However more splash damage. Overall just a stronger Revenant.
>
>
> Chopper
>
> Chopper=Can’t think of much on this. Pretty much the same as Halo 3. Of course some better controlling. Yet weapons work fine. Same “Smashing” feel. Of course better sounds and if anything more spikey and deadly looking.
>
> Prowler/Spectre
>
> Prowler=A more nimble vehicle compared to the other hovering types. Even against the Ghost. However it will have the same UBER GLIDE it had in Halo 3. Yet a stronger weapon.
>
> Spectre=Almost a breed between a Revenant and a Warthog. Turret would be weaker then the Warthog LMG yet would be over faster and have better armor for it’s driver.
>
> Wraith/Scorpion
>
> Wraith=Most powerful weapon on any vehicle. More then twice as much blast radius then the scorpion. However a slower ROF. It has powerful armor however it’s back side is literally uncovered and easily destroyed.
>
> Scorpion=A much weaker tank compared to the Wraith. Yet what it lacks in general power it gains in general speed and ROF. It’s armor is second best to that of the Wraith. Yet being able to dish out 2 shots for every 1 shot wraith shot.
>
> Falcon/Hornet
>
> Hornet=A single piloted vehicle. With no side seats anymore. The two machine guns are about as powerful as the SMG (similar to how the ghost is like two plasma rifles). However it has more range, unlimited ammo, and of course more stream line. It is nible, fast, easy to use and can easily trick any ground vehicle not good enough to take it out.
>
> Falcon=Warthog of the sky. But the way it should be. Replace machine guns with Gatling Guns. With higher ROF and more power. The general lay out is the same as Halo Reaches however more armor against small arms. As well as SIDE SEATS IN MULTIPLAYER.
>
> Falcons should be able to carry 5 players. However the two side seats have no offensive measures (i.e no guns)
>
>
>
> Other vehicles or variats
>
> Just general ideas.
>
>
> Spectre with FRG
>
> Prowler with Brute Shot Turret
>
> Falcon with Rocket Turrets

You forgot the Elephant!!!

Rockets should be able to home onto the scorpian and the wraith( maybe the mongeese as well).

> > Just don’t make the vehicles out of cardboard and we’re good.
>
> Reach’s damage system would be fine… if the vehicles had regenerating health.

A hill zone that vehicles have to drive into in order to get repaired would be nice. It would be a very strategic point to hold if your team is very vehicle oriented.