Vehicles In Reach

Light vehicles are massively underwhelming compared to previous games. Where the warthog was a major part of any game before, it’s rarely touched in Reach. Play a game on Hemorrhage and it’s obvious. The hog goes mostly untouched on the biggest, most open map in the game. That should throw up some red flags. Heck, people used to wait for the things to respawn and even betray each other over them. So what’s changed?

Reach introduced vehicle health into the game, as well as reduced most vehicles’ overall firepower. On top of this, Reach has more anti-vehicle weaponry and gadgets than any Halo game. Add to that the fact splattering is no longer feasible and you’re looking pretty dreary for all vehicles except the most hardy (tanks, maybe the banshee).

To fix this, a number of issues need to be addressed. First, the anti-vehicle capabilities of a few weapons need to be toned down. Notably the sniper. The sniper doesn’t need to be able to disable a hog by shooting it. The ability to one-shot the driver or gunner is plenty (not to mention that it actually takes a little effort). Halve the damage sniper rounds do to vehicles. DMR’s effectiveness against vehicles also needs to be slightly toned-down, so a single guy hiding in a cave can’t destroy a banshee or ghost all by himself.

Lastly, splattering needs to come back into the equation. As it stands, you stand a good chance of dying every time you go to splatter someone. Why? Armor Lock. You can’t tell if they have it until they use in 2 feet in front of you. Instant, unavoidable death. If you’re lucky enough to survive, you’re EMPed and basically dead anyway. To remedy this, Armor-Lock should have a charge-up phase for the EMP and against splattering. Unless AL has been activated for 2/3 seconds, a vehicle will go straight through and crush the guy. No EMP will happen. This brings splattering back into the game and light vehicles back into the equation.

The way vehicles are used in Reach has changed a lot compared to the previous games.

I don’t Know I kind of like the vehicles in Reach, The vehicles in H3 ( Except the tank ) all feel gutless and nerfed to crap. But In Reach some of them have abit of welly behind them.

But being shot down by someones default spawning weapon is abit “wtf bungie?”.

I 100% agree with everything you said especially the sniper and dmr bit.

I dont whant AL to charge up for me not get splaterd if u have this it will be a splater fest all day

If you snipe THE PERSON, yes, get credit, not credit for sniping a HUGE VEHICLE, that’s ridiculous…

The sniper rifle in Halo reach is an anti armor weapon, so it being able to damage vehicles is just fine. Not sure if you’ve gone against a good driver/gunner combo in Halo 3, but if I get a good gunner in a Hog my team will win. In Reach that’s not always the case, because now it’s more balanced. In Halo 3 it took a laser to stop us, occasionally a lucky rocket might take us out. Now a vehicle user needs to be more aware.

My biggest issue is the Warthog is now too top heavy, also at Halofest it seemed to be a bit too slippery on Installation 04.

> The sniper rifle in Halo reach is an anti armor weapon, so it being able to damage vehicles is just fine. Not sure if you’ve gone against a good driver/gunner combo in Halo 3, but if I get a good gunner in a Hog my team will win. In Reach that’s not always the case, because now it’s more balanced. In Halo 3 it took a laser to stop us, occasionally a lucky rocket might take us out. Now a vehicle user needs to be more aware.
>
> My biggest issue is the Warthog is now too top heavy, also at Halofest it seemed to be a bit too slippery on Installation 04.

But the point of a vehicle is too be overpowered! so why should the vehicles be degraded so little snipers noobs at the back of the base don’t rage?

> The sniper rifle in Halo reach is an anti armor weapon, so it being able to damage vehicles is just fine. Not sure if you’ve gone against a good driver/gunner combo in Halo 3, but if I get a good gunner in a Hog my team will win. In Reach that’s not always the case, because now it’s more balanced. In Halo 3 it took a laser to stop us, occasionally a lucky rocket might take us out. Now a vehicle user needs to be more aware.
>
> My biggest issue is the Warthog is now too top heavy, also at Halofest it seemed to be a bit too slippery on Installation 04.

Lolno. A sniper is supposed to be an anti infantry weapon not anti everything.

OT: Agreed on everything, except halving the damage to vehicles from bullet weapons. Instead reduce it to 10%. Bullets shouldn’t do anything armour plated vehicles. To go against a vehicle you should actually required to think and either get the appropriate weapon not just shoot it with anything, or shoot at the drivers/gunners not the vehicle itself.

> > The sniper rifle in Halo reach is an anti armor weapon, so it being able to damage vehicles is just fine. Not sure if you’ve gone against a good driver/gunner combo in Halo 3, but if I get a good gunner in a Hog my team will win. In Reach that’s not always the case, because now it’s more balanced. In Halo 3 it took a laser to stop us, occasionally a lucky rocket might take us out. Now a vehicle user needs to be more aware.
> >
> > My biggest issue is the Warthog is now too top heavy, also at Halofest it seemed to be a bit too slippery on Installation 04.
>
> But the point of a vehicle is too be overpowered!

Agreed. You are a huge target. Their has to be a worth while trade off. As is I almost never use any vehicles in Reach. They are death traps.

I really thought Halo 3 had it right. Yes, you could dominate even with a hog. But I never felt unable to counter it. In Reach I go directly after a hog with no worries about the outcome.

> > The sniper rifle in Halo reach is an anti armor weapon, so it being able to damage vehicles is just fine. Not sure if you’ve gone against a good driver/gunner combo in Halo 3, but if I get a good gunner in a Hog my team will win. In Reach that’s not always the case, because now it’s more balanced. In Halo 3 it took a laser to stop us, occasionally a lucky rocket might take us out. Now a vehicle user needs to be more aware.
> >
> > My biggest issue is the Warthog is now too top heavy, also at Halofest it seemed to be a bit too slippery on Installation 04.
>
> Lolno. A sniper is supposed to be an anti infantry weapon not anti everything.
>
> OT: Agreed on everything, except halving the damage to vehicles from bullet weapons. Instead reduce it to 10%. Bullets shouldn’t do anything armour plated vehicles. To go against a vehicle you should actually required to think and either get the appropriate weapon not just shoot it with anything, or shoot at the drivers/gunners not the vehicle itself.

-_-
You havnt seen a real modern day sniper have you
most are given anti armor bullets and that stuffs mest up
it can go strait threw a tank for gods sakes.

halos in the future so im sure they have one 9 times stronger.

> -_-
> You havnt seen a real modern day sniper have you
> most are given anti armor bullets and that stuffs mest up
> it can go strait threw a tank for gods sakes.
>
> halos in the future so im sure they have one 9 times stronger.

DMR and assault rifle both fire the same round. They should both kill in the same number of shots.

Considering the fact modern guns are already nearly recoil-less and the fact you’re a super soldier, they should be pinpoint accurate.

So by your argument, that guns should function realistically, the AR should be a 5 shot kill, and more accurate than the DMR currently is.

Doesn’t sound like it’d make for a good game element though, huh? Don’t bring realism into a gameplay argument.