Vehicles are worse

Halo 5 vehicles were amazing for controlling, but infinite probably has the worse vehicle handling in the entire series. Thoughts?

They’re fine with handling their problem is the vehicles are so fragile and there’s so many ways to EMP them for something that’s not that strong to balance it out. Almost pointless to even use them.

> 2533274855872059;2:
> They’re fine with handling their problem is the vehicles are so fragile and there’s so many ways to EMP them for something with not that strong. Almost pointless to even use them.

Yeah, the handle fine but I do find they can get destroyed really easily. Concentrated fire by 3 people with an ar can kill a warthog pretty fast

Well, I think the opposite, they can drive very well and I feel that they are very strong.

The warthog chain gun feels about as powerful as the H2 hog.

Vehicles are really easy to take out and/or disable. As for the driving, they work fine, doesn’t help this BTB map is very cramped. I will say I don’t like being able to control your vehicle Mid-Air, and they’re a lot harder to roll than previous games.

Handling is fine. Its the wet toilet roll armour that needs improvement! About a +200% health improvement to be precise!

To me, the Warthog feels very light. A grenade tossed anywhere in the neighborhood will flip or turn it over far too easily.

> 2533274862181038;8:
> To me, the Warthog feels very light. A grenade tossed anywhere in the neighborhood will flip or turn it over far too easily.

Really? I’ve found just the opposite. The correction on the warthog right now is way too forgiving. You can be almost completely sideways and it will still auto balance. I’ve seen plenty of grenades do absolutely nothing to it besides take down its paper thin armor.

> 2533274875328566;1:
> Halo 5 vehicles were amazing for controlling, but infinite probably has the worse vehicle handling in the entire series. Thoughts?

my problem is that vehicle health has been separated from shields so being inside or outside a warthog means nothing get sprayed down by two or three enemy and boom there goes your hog…

the ghost seems to be the most balanced and the mongoose just needs to have the guns permanently attached to every version period I like how fast they are however!

They are very weak. Wish they went back to halo ce were you would get killed in the vehicle not have it blow up. They should act as power weapons and if you get killed in a vehicle then its up for grabs but people like explosions and getting easy kills.
This is how much damage to take out a warthog
Needler - 15 mags
Plasma pistol OC - 15 shots
Sidekick - 10 mags
Commando - 8 mags
Assault Rifle - 7 mags
Battle Rifle - 7 mags
Plasma pistol - 6 mags
Ravager OC - 5 shots
Shock Rifle - 5 mags
Pulse carbine - 4 mags
Bulldog - 4 mags
Ravager - 1 mag
Heatwave - 1 mag
Sniper - 5 SHOTS
Rockets - 3 SHOTS
Hammer - 3 SHOTS
Skewer- 2 SHOTS
Frag grenade - 6
Spike grenade - 4
Sticky grenade - 3
Dynamo grenade - 15

As someone who loves Halo 2 and 3 vehicles, I would really like to see personal shields extend to the vehicle you’re controlling again.

Shields seemed to play a part in Reach vehicle piloting too, but even so the banshee for example could only sustain 4 sniper shots no matter what with a static health bar.

I thought the durability was fine, but the vehicle point of destruction indication wasn’t very distinct. Also felt I was driving on clouds whenever I collided fast or slow. The Warthog would end up on it tail nose to the sky. The mongoose was a bit side tipsy, but the ghost and wasp felt fine.

The vehicles are very flimsy feeling. The warthog doesn’t seem to have enough weight to it. Way to easy to flip or even destroy. One hammer seems to be able to destroy a banshee? Much too fragile. Please makes these vehicles more robust. Keep the damage but make them harder to kill like H5.

I’ve seen lots of talk about Warthog, but has everyone had a chance in banshee?

Don’t know about worse yet since only been able to use vehicles against bots but I have noticed that oddly bots don’t seem to use vehicles and the vehicles seemed ok…though I’m not sure how it would work against players yet so hoping to see if there as fragile or not as Halo 5 tonight since couldn’t play much of BTB last night due to the bad timing of the flights.

I think they handle well.
The series never had the best handling vehicles.
The jank is part of the charm tbh.

They also feel super powerful but have counters.
The skewer is great and far more fun than the splaser.
Probably the best iteration of vehicles in the franchise and by a wide margin at that.

Right now we have way too many Dynamo spawns and way too little native Vehicle spawns.
“Power Vehicles” which come from Pelican drops are way too busted and native Vehicles are too weak.

Grappleshot also changes the Vehicle game significantly because it can quickly lead to one team controlling all the vehicles in the game.

All this leads to Vehicles being made of paper so that there is no case where you can control all vehicles and control the field.

> 2533274875328566;15:
> I’ve seen lots of talk about Warthog, but has everyone had a chance in banshee?

Actually had a dogfight against the opposing banshee and it granted a dogfight medal so pretty cool. The banshee itself felt a bit heavy as if it was constantly pulled to the ground. The bomb no longer instant kills Spartans and for splatters you really need to use the tricks. It looks and sounds amazing but judging it’s handling I hope to get another chance tonight.

Did anyone also experience a big drop in look sensitivity when in a vehicle? Most notably when in the warthog turret it seemed to dial my sens down from 8 to like 2… (playing on controller)

> 2533274875328566;1:
> Halo 5 vehicles were amazing for controlling, but infinite probably has the worse vehicle handling in the entire series. Thoughts?

You never used a vehicle in Halo CE did you? That -Yoink- is terrible to handle, the Warthog is so hard there.

But yeah, Halo 5 had an amazing handling on vehicles, it felt so nice to drive them.

CE is still the absolute worst in terms of vehicle handling though, I can’t stress this enough.