Vehicle-to-Vehicle Hijacks

I posted this idea on another post before, and a few people seemed to like it, so I thought I may as well put up a poll.

Do you want vehicle-to-vehicle hijacks? What I mean by this is someone in the passenger seat (or other seats if you want, but I think just passenger) could leap out of the Warthog or whatever they’re in and hijack another vehicle. This could only happen obviously if the other vehicle got close enough. Also, so it doesn’t happen too often, the other driver might get a little warning as the passenger prepares to jump (so he can swerve away).

How do you think this would work in gameplay? I think it would be awesome for machinimas, and it might be a nice add-on in MP.

In my opinion, the best multiplayer games are the ones that are left simple. Only include what is necessary. Add too much stuff and the game becomes too much like work. It would be cool, but I don’t think it would cause enough of a gameplay change to necessitate bringing it in.

Hell no

Nah, I wouldn’t want this in Halo 4.

> In my opinion, the best multiplayer games are the ones that are left simple. Only include what is necessary. Add too much stuff and the game becomes too much like work. It would be cool, but I don’t think it would cause enough of a gameplay change to necessitate bringing it in.

You have a good point. Simplicity is good. But then again, things like assassinations just added complexity to the games, but they proved to be awesome (to me). I imagine you didn’t enjoy them as well?

To each his own.

> In my opinion, the best multiplayer games are the ones that are left simple. Only include what is necessary. Add too much stuff and the game becomes too much like work. It would be cool, but I don’t think it would cause enough of a gameplay change to necessitate bringing it in.

As cool as this idea would be, I absolutely agree. While I think things like loadouts, ordinance drops, and assassinations bring a good change of pace to the game, I don’t think they should bring too much in and over-complicate things.

I wouldn’t like this in the game, seems like it would become like the assassination and people would try to do it a lot just to look cool maybe get more credits if it was the same way as reach. in halo 3 there wasn’t a lot of people just waiting around to get an assassination, they used their guns to kill the people and tried to earn kills without camping or doing to “bum bait”…

> I wouldn’t like this in the game, seems like it would become like the assassination and people would try to do it a lot just to look cool maybe get more credits if it was the same way as reach. in halo 3 there wasn’t a lot of people just waiting around to get an assassination, they used their guns to kill the people and tried to earn kills without camping or doing to “bum bait”…

IMO, the difference between this and that is that you can’t just wait around for it to happen. You need to tell your driver to be aggressive and literally clash with another vehicle. There won’t be many opportunities to do it, and actually pulling one off is hard enough to make people avoid doing it to “look cool”.

I would say YES but only if:

You and the other Vehicle are driving the same direction and the Driver seat is near the 2nd Seat (example warthog)…

So if you get rammed, its not possible to do it, or if they just drive by…
you DO have to be heading same direction.

I don’t see any real difference between this and an assassination, especially if you can get yoinked and showstopped. It’d be difficult to pull off and anyone waiting around for a chance to try one will a)spend a lot of time waiting, thus not gaining any skill and b)will be left in the wading pool with the rest of the players just looking to get one, while the rest of us will be playing at a higher level where that kind of nonsense shouldn’t be happening.

This would work but only if the body of the player is shown and able to easy eject from the vehicle. I would much prefer a tackle out of the vehicle then taking control of one. I make no sense right now sorry but i’m low on time.

I don’t really see this as a matchmaking feature but as a Custom Games feature it would be pretty cool to do and having high-speed chases with this feature in CG would be a really fun thing to do.

The best games arn’t the simple ones. The best games are the ones with the most freedom to do WHAT EVER you think about! I SAY -Yoink- YES TO THIS, and one handed mongoose shooting.

You could possibly hold A (jump) and if the vehicle is close enough, he could run across the vehicle to get to the other vehicle and jump on it.

You know, I think it sounds like a good idea.
Granted it should be difficult to do. It should only be done by the passenger and not the driver or gunner.
I could imagine this done in a CTF game where someone yanks the driver or passenger out of the other teams vehicle to stop them from scoring the flag.

But whatever…

No. This would ruin vehicle combat, vehicles would be close to go near each other.

It’d be like the ghost and armour lock dilemma all over again!

Sounds cool, but isn’t necessary.

What would be cool are some new hijack animations, that would be so B.A if you could tackle the gunner out of a warthog.