Vehicle suggestions

Simple topic what vehicles do you think would fit the sandbox and how?

Here are two from me.

Pelican gunship

info: first seen in halo wars 2, these heavy gunships are the tanks of the air, sacrificing their troop and vehicle carrying capacity for guns and lots of them. This heavy aircraft has 5 seats, the driver and 4 gunners who enter through a rear hatch while it is on the ground.

Weapon systems.
driver: forward mounted laser cannon (spartain laser)
Gunners: a wart hog chaingun

Difference from normal vehicles: as the gunners are enclosed unlike most other vehicles they get an angled view from their gun.

vehicle destruction points: each of the side guns can be destroyed taking one or two tank shots to do so, the side “wings” can be heavily damaged or destroyed to cause control problems and maybe even a crash landing.

sandbox place: a heavy air to ground vehicle. generally meant for custom maps, though it maybe a center map spawn on some larger BTB maps giving an edge to the team that gets to it first. Though being a pelican it is large and an easy target that said it is maneuverable and can hover in place. Just note it doesn’t have shields so when the glass is destroyed on teh cockpits, yeah that spartain is an easy headshot target.

Support locust

https://halo.wiki.gallery/images/d/df/HW-Buildingkillers.png (image has an example of its shield
info: Rebuilt by the swords these old mining locusts have been repurposed as a mobile support vehicle. Their large laser replaced with twin focus rifle beams which make it good at anti infantry at the cost of its anti structure and vehicle function. The down powering of its gun was done to enhance its shielding and support capability. The support locust being armed with a bubble shield that deploys when it is immobile, while it is active any spartans inside will have rapid shield regen and will be safe from enemy fire, though they can not fire out.

note: the shield is still a shield, so it can be destroyed, in this case it takes 3 over charged plasma pistol shots to take it down and once down it will stay down for one minute. the locust can fire through this shield but nothing else can.

Sandbox use: A support vehicle, designed to be a mobile map control mover. able to sustain a group of spartans for longer in the area, at the cost of mobility and firepower.

3 Likes

I would like to see the locust in the game as a new vehicle. This i feel would be a better mech type vehicle than than the mantis was. Hope we get something new but that could be way down the line as halo infinite is kinda ready for a BETA soon which does mean there’s a lot of work to go.

2 Likes

The pelican would be awesome to have in multiplayer. So long as it can pick up and drop of players as well as vehicles I really wouldn’t even care if it didn’t have a gun. That would just be so cool especially in BTB.

1 Like

> 2533274975565198;3:
> The pelican would be awesome to have in multiplayer. So long as it can pick up and drop of players as well as vehicles I really wouldn’t even care if it didn’t have a gun. That would just be so cool especially in BTB.

Was thinking there would be three types.

The gunship above which can’t pick up vehicles.

A transport one, which can resupply ammo, and pick up vehicles, but is only armed with a light forward chaingun.

and a swords version which has shields and resupply but can’t carry vehicles.

1 Like

I honestly want to see a warthog variant with the skewer gun as it’s main gun, fires like the gauss hog rate of fire.

1 Like

Something akin to the prowler except instead of the turret it originally had it’s more of a brute styled large shotgun (sort of like the mangler but much bigger) that has short range but does massive damage against vehicles and has a lot of knock back.

Would be fun as hell.

1 Like

> 2535421282519836;6:
> Something akin to the prowler except instead of the turret it originally had it’s more of a brute styled large shotgun (sort of like the mangler but much bigger) that has short range but does massive damage against vehicles and has a lot of knock back.
>
> Would be fun as hell.

For some reason I am imagining a prowler armed with a flamethrower, hold the key for continuous fire tap for a shotgun like burst of flame.

1 Like

The Shadow from halo 2. I’ve always wanted to drive one even if it’s not functionally useful at all

1 Like

> 2533274815704057;8:
> The Shadow from halo 2. I’ve always wanted to drive one even if it’s not functionally useful at all

they could be made useful, a trade off, having shields and protected passengers at the cost of a less accurate main gun.

1 Like

The pelican gunship was in halo 4’s campaign. It’s nothing new. And now I accidentally reopened an old thread. Shoot.

If I could take all the vehicles I would

Like i know the maps aren’t really big enough but imagine having scarabs stationed at bases like they probably only could stay there just give them little room to move around lol

1 Like

I want all the old vehicles back. I miss revenants lobbing plasma, anti armour warthogs, mantis walkers, the prowler/spectre, and don’t get me started on the hornet and falcon. I need more air transportation.

2 Likes

God the hornet and falcon I miss so much

2 Likes

UNSC Vehicles

• Civilian Warthog
  • Gauss Hog
  • Needler Hog
  • LMG Mongoose
  • Cobra
  • Kodiak
  • Wolverine
  • Elephant
  • Bison
  • Mantis
  • Kestrel
  • Hornet
  • Falcon
  • Grenadier Falcon

Banished/Covenant Vehicles

• Catulus Chopper
  • Prowler
  • Spectre
  • Locust
  • AA Wraith

Forerunner Vehicles

• Phaeton
  • Forerunner Tank
  • Warrior Sphinx
2 Likes

With the new lore book, anyone else wishing for more vehicles again?

1 Like

100% for vehicles, but we need maps to support their use. Apex in halo5 was a great map for vehicles and just overall large battle s

1 Like