Vehicle Physics

One thing I’ve seen addressed on here that I totally agree with is the issue with vehicle physics:

• The vehicles need to be “heavier” so they don’t just flip after hitting a rock or a Spartan - They need a better center of gravity so hitting a jump doesn’t make you nose dive into the ground, forcing you out of the vehicle - Splatter physics are odd. Slightly moving left and bumping into a teammate is a betrayal, yet boosting into a Spartan full speed on a ghost causes you to flip out of control as they just walk away unharmed - Side note, Scorpion Tanks need a slight speed boost

Agreed. I have always been a Huge Warthog fan. Love driving with a good gunner and passenger. Problem is, it’s impossible to drive without getting stuck or flipping over. The Warthog is a death trap in Warzone. The gunner is totally exposed and will die in seconds. Everybody knows this now, so I can never get somebody to jump into the gunner anymore. Splatter physics are crazy stupid. Kills that should count don’t, and kills shouldn’t count do. Also, jacking a vehicle is totally ridiculous, further making the Warthog totally useless. You should need to be next to the drivers seat to pull out the driver. Too many times the guy I’ve been running over ends up driving my Warthog. Really? I’ve included two clips of Warthog jacks that are just plain ridiculous. Warthog is my main gripe, but all vehicles need fixing. Scorpion is too damn slow as well. Pretty much useless to spawn a tank on Array when you are assaulting because it takes nearly two minutes to get to the core. I’ve always enjoyed Halo and the Warthog. Not so much in Halo 5. The Warthog needs passengers to be effective, and nobody want to get in because it’s a death trap on wheels.

I’m glad its being talked about though. Ghosts and Warthogs are the main concern for me!

I agree, they’re pretty wonky, those physics make me not want to call in Hogs, since I suck at driving in the new game and my gunner dies in 2 seconds anyways. Covie vehicles feel better, but still not great.

the vehicles have mid air controls so if you are in the air and you are pushing the left thumbstick forward then the front of the vehicle will tip down

I have also noticed that, the worst was when I was in a warthog, and a tank bumped it, causing the warthog to flip.

I think most of the vehicles are at least “acceptable,” but I would personally change the Wraith & the Ghost. The Ghost on the Forge BTB maps seems to just flip so easily or get it’s nose stuck into little parts of the walls that you can’t get out of it for who knows what reason. Then the Wraith just seems useless at times. I would make the Boost of the Wraith more like Halo 2 where if you boosted into a vehicle it felt more smooth & would crush something like a Ghost in one hit. (would destroy a Warthog if it was already damaged, etc.) Then maybe just speed up the lob of the Wraith a tiny, tiny bit.

> 2533274954131376;1:
> One thing I’ve seen addressed on here that I totally agree with is the issue with vehicle physics:
>
> - The vehicles need to be “heavier” so they don’t just flip after hitting a rock or a Spartan
> - They need a better center of gravity so hitting a jump doesn’t make you nose dive into the ground, forcing you out of the vehicle
> - Splatter physics are odd. Slightly moving left and bumping into a teammate is a betrayal, yet boosting into a Spartan full speed on a ghost causes you to flip out of control as they just walk away unharmed
> - Side note, Scorpion Tanks need a slight speed boost

I completely agree.

Also, splatters with the tank make no sense sometimes. Landing on the top of a Scorpion should not kill your Spartan.

Come take a look at these clips.

Halo 5’s physics are unarguably terrible, or at least garbage when compared to those from previous games.

The warthog isn’t so bad and I’m adjusting to it fine. But the mongoose is a joke lol I think because the rockets on it are a one hit kill. So if we must compromise then how about they lower the damage on the rockets and make the mongoose easier to drive. Or keep the rockets how they are I don’t mind but the mongoose needs some kind of tweaking.

I was thinking about this topic today when my scorpon hit a rock on the beach on apex 7 and damn near flipped over. Like how?

> 2533274905624999;12:
> I was thinking about this topic today when my scorpon hit a rock on the beach on apex 7 and damn near flipped over. Like how?

Similar?

I don’t like the corrective thrusters you can use in the Warthog…

I agree with it all. Changes definitely need to be made. I also think vehicles should last longer after not being inside. I step out of a vehicle for a very short amount of time and it disappears though I am standing right next to it. :video_game:

Related

I think most people liked the Vehicle physics in the original Halo 1 the best. And you complain that it takes skill to drive now. Must be a generation thing.

If anything needs to change, it’s the Explosion physics on Vehicles should send them flying and flipping like crazy. You can throw a Nade underneath a Warthog and it just shakes it off like nothing hit it.

They should take off the cover on the Tank driver too. Also, they should be indestructible and nobody gets extra health while in them. If a Nade or Rocket comes anywhere near the Vehicle it should send them flying and with no shields then you headshot and steal the Vehicle. They can also make it so Vehicles’ balance can be controlled while in the air to avoid landing sideways to help drivers who are going too fast.

That’s not what I “think” will make Vehicles more fun; that’s what I know will make them more fun and more fun to those on foot which is what has been missing for a while (since Halo:Combat Evolved).

Ive been playing since halo 2. I’ve aince then played all the games except anything halo wars. My favorite hog phyaics by far are halo reach’s and halo 4s. Reason being, I’m a huge monster truck fan. When I first got halo 3 I began trying to build monster truck tracks. I didnt make many as trying to forge them was painstaking. Halo reach came and building was easier than ever. I started building replica NFL stadiums and putting monster truck tracks inside, with big jumps, crush cars, and smashable motor homes made from the metal unsc shields on reach, and wooden crates on halo 4. I eventually found a group of 100 or so people who loved monster trucks too, and of them, 5 or so made stadiums and tracks like I did. In the last 7 years, monster trucks have gone from just crushing cars and big jumps, to doing stunts on two wheels you wouldn’t believe, and doing backflips/frontflips. We discovered at the same time this was happening, that the warthogs could do the same things. For the last 10 years we’ve been a tight knit community doing monster truck stuff and doing insane realistic stunts and building epic stadiums and tracks. When we learned halo 5 was going to be the most immersive forge ever, and what we learned we could do with the forge, after playing with the newest forge systems, you could imagine our excitement to learn we could color every thing, make things appear/reappear at the touch of a button, rig pyrotechnics, lights, jumbotrons, actual dirt floor and ramps, make cars actually crush with proximity triggers, make stadium roofs move from closed to open, the list goes on. Well, when we finally got our hands on halo 5, imagine our disappointment to learn the hog stays magnetized on all four tires except when its in the air. None of our 2 wheel stunts were possible anymore except for backflips/frontflips, which were now greatly exaggerated by the fact we now had mid air control of the vehicle. A revolutionary advancement of our little sport, flushed down the toilet over the craptastic physics. We tried gritting our teeth through the crap and built a few stadiums and tracks. Which were gloriously beautiful, and more detailed than ever before… But the hog physics made it impossible… Our only hope now is that halo infinite corrects this…
I feel bad for anyone who just liked to mess around and do wheelies, or bicycle the warthog for fun.

> 2533274893020807;18:
>

Please don’t revive old topics thanks