Vehicle Ordnance Drops SDCC

My Friend who went to SDCC said this was a rumor going around there, supposedly some 343 member at the halo 4 booth accidentally mentioned Vehicle Ordnance Drops when talking about infinity slayer on longbow(didnt say how they worked this is purely my speculation)

This would almost make sense as you can already call in power weapons, power ups and AA’s. Plus in reach, you could technically have Vehicle Ordnance Drops in invasion slayer or spartan skirmish (just in a less epic manner)

Vehicle Ordnance Drops would be a great addition to Halo 4. These could be used in conjunction with infinity slayer on BTB style maps.

Players would have the ability to use ordnance drops to call in a variety of vehicles.

The vehicle would than be brought in by a AI Pelican and dropped at a location of your choosing. It would be possible to have the Ordnance Drop Vehicle stolen but the AI pelican dropping it would be friendly and would also be able to fire at opposing teams that come to close while it is dropping the vehicle. The Pelican however would not be invincible itself, around the health of phantoms from reach or Halo 3 campaign. Above all else the Pelican will try to complete its vehicle dropping run as quick as possible.

This could be used in conjunction with the new Mobile Command Base (elephant type vehicle)

Players spawning in the Mammoth would each get there set vehicle respawn on board like in halo 3. But would than have to get more vehicles from ordnance drops. Encouraging teams to compete for more kills and style points in order to get more vehicles.

What does the community think of this? Bad or Good Idea?

What does this have to do with SDCC?

I thought this topic was about confirming vehicle ordnance drops. /:

why did you put SDCC in the title?

> What does this have to do with SDCC?

It’s a ploy to get you to read the post :slight_smile:
OT - I don’t exactly like the idea.

> What does this have to do with SDCC?

My Friend who went to SDCC said this was a rumor going around there, supposedly some 343 member at the halo 4 booth accidentally mentioned Vehicle Ordnance Drops when talking about infinity slayer on longbow(didnt say how they worked that was purely my speculation)

As this is the sketchiest source ever, i just posted my opinion on how it could work if implemented. It would almost make sense as you can already call in power weapons, power ups and AA’s. Plus in reach, you could technically have Vehicle Ordnance Drops in invasion slayer or spartan skirmish (just in a less epic manner)

If the leak came from SDCC it is perfectly legitimate to include it in the title.

It makes perfect sense that vehicle drops would exist. I would be surprised if this wasn’t a feature. Although I bet they will just spawn similar to Inv Slayer and the ordinance pods.

> If the leak came from SDCC it is perfectly legitimate to include it in the title.
>
>
> It makes perfect sense that vehicle drops would exist. I would be surprised if this wasn’t a feature. Although I bet they will just spawn similar to Inv Slayer and the ordinance pods.

Yes, but originally this had nothing to do with SDCC

Nothing has been formally announced that Personal Ordinance contains anything outside of Powerups, Grenades, and Weapons.

> > If the leak came from SDCC it is perfectly legitimate to include it in the title.
> >
> >
> > It makes perfect sense that vehicle drops would exist. I would be surprised if this wasn’t a feature. Although I bet they will just spawn similar to Inv Slayer and the ordinance pods.
>
> Yes, but originally this had nothing to do with SDCC

Your right, i didn’t really explain how it had anything to do with SDCC. I edited my post to included the explanation, was in a rush typing thread sorry guys.

If this is true then;

1. The introduction of an A.I (Pelican) and moving, invincible object (be it for a short amount of time) into multiplayer could be a problem.

2. There must be a limit to the amount of vehicles on the map at one time for lag and balance issues.

Edit: I did hear somewhere about a rumour within Campaign in which Chief is able to call UNSC reinforcements in at anytime, this could be where they are using it from. (If true)

if I’m not mistaken I believe only 3 out of the 4 different directions on the D-pad are of use, this could just be a coincidence but at the same time this could also kind of lean towards there being another option.

as for vehicle ordinance I think the only thing it would be appropriate for would be a BTB or invasion style gametype, anything I think it would be annoying as piss. even then they would be harder to get then the normal ordinance, maybe instead of getting say 5 kills you would have to get 10 type of thing.

> If this is true then;
>
> 1. The introduction of an A.I (Pelican) and moving, invincible object (be it for a short amount of time) into multiplayer could be a problem.
>
> 2. There must be a limit to the amount of vehicles on the map at one time for lag and balance issues.
>
> Edit: I did hear somewhere about a rumour within Campaign in which Chief is able to call UNSC reinforcements in at anytime, this could be where they are using it from. (If true)

1. It would not have to be invincible. In fact it would be more dynamic if it were not. If it was invincible it would be transport only pelican that is un armed.

2. Agreed that there must be a limit. This would be easy as players would lose the vehicle option on the dpad if too many were spawned.