Vehicle Mechanics discussion.

Okay, I felt a need to get this out in the open since it can’t hurt and I would like 343i to be able to see our thoughts.

  1. The Banshee: Bomb radius too big, recharge rate to fast, armor too low, flips need to be limited

  2. Hog: Armor too low and too bouncy.

  3. Mongoose: too bouncy.

What do you guys think?

i think they need to take the banshee bomb out, like when the banshee was first introduced to halo multiplayer (for the xbox)

Nah, we cried to have it in. :smiley:

I like the idea of making the maneuvers drain the boost bar. That way they can’t do a bunch of maneuvers and get the hell out of there. Or vice versa, they can’t charge into a battle and do a bunch of flips while shooting.

No matter what, they can’t flip too fast or for too long because they would leave themselves vulnerable. As is I agree without a Tank on the map, the Banshee can makes things too one-sided when teams aren’t jiving well together.

I’m against removing the B.bomb.

I’m fine with the rest of the vehicles.

can the bomb at least not have a trackibng ability? its super overpowered

I’ve only noticed the Banshee being over powered when I play with randoms. When I’m playing with my friends it’s almost a none issue. I would like the Warthog to be a tad less bouncy though. When I first played Reach I though it was horrible but I’ve adjusted but sometimes it still feels a bit too bouncy. I prefer it it now though over the previous versions.

The Hog isn’t that bouncy, Its the terrain on Hemorrhage and Boneyard which gives you this illusion. Its fine on Breakpoint, Tempest and Spire.

I believe it was me who first had the idea that Banshee flips should drain the boost circle, by a quarter per flip.

I think the Banshee plasma guns are slightly too weak also, although they do seem to have more range than most Halo games.

Aiming the Wraith mortar should be quicker IMO, seems really slow to change aim up or down.

Maybe the Falcon should take off a little quicker too.

Hog needs better handling. I mean, Humvees in BFBC2 handle so well compared to hogs. I’ll spend a week playing BC2 with the Humvees (and I’m a good driver), then I’ll come to Reach and be like, “Crap! These things slide too much!” It might be the 3rd person Vs. 1st person though.

Thanks Fang, your right, in my haste to point out the Banshee problems I forgot about the Falcon.

I agree, it could take off faster and if possible when only piloted have a weak pilot controlled cannon…similiar to the Banshee pilots guns…

> The Hog isn’t that bouncy, Its the terrain on Hemorrhage and Boneyard which gives you this illusion. Its fine on Breakpoint, Tempest and Spire.

I disagree. I don’t believe it is an illusion at all. Seriously, it weighs two tons! It shouldn’t flip like this. Concussion blasts and Revenant mortars are especially devastating, and while I don’t mind the fact that they flip the Warthog, I hate how you don’t even need to hit anywhere near the Warthog to flip it! If you want to flip me, you should have to hit me directly with those shots, not 15 feet away that inexplicably sends me barrel-rolling away at a thousand mph. Is that not fair?

And no more 1 DMR shot flipping the Hog while it is in mid-air. This can easily be solved by increasing the Hog’s rotational inertia.

@ Pepsi

Supposedly its THREE ton! But in all fairness, your right about the DMR flipping you while in mid air. But I think the Revenant Mortar and FUNcussion gun were intended to make the Hog flip the way it does.

While the Hog may weigh an awful lot, chances are a lot of that weight is top heavy, which would explain the flipping.

However, for an excellent driver these issues are irrelevant, besides the DMR flip issue.

> @ Pepsi
>
> Supposedly its THREE ton! But in all fairness, your right about the DMR flipping you while in mid air. But I think the Revenant Mortar and FUNcussion gun were intended to make the Hog flip the way it does.
>
> While the Hog may weigh an awful lot, chances are a lot of that weight is top heavy, which would explain the flipping.
>
> However, for an excellent driver these issues are irrelevant, besides the DMR flip issue.

I’d consider myself decent at driving the Warthog. Like I said earlier, I like it better than past versions. In my opinion though it’s still a tad too light on it’s feet for my liking. I have actually gotten pretty good at driving on the terrain in Hemorrhage riding the waves as it were. A bigger concern for me though is it’s way too easy to shoot and destroy. I am hoping Highlands helps this by not being so wide open. I am sure it’s a hard balance to achieve.

  1. The Banshee Bomb needs a nerf, but give the Banshee a little more health to compensate. Without the BB, it’s a flying cardboard box.

  2. They nerfed the Hog too much. It’s too bouncy and it’s easily destroyed.

  3. The Sniper is too overpowered against vehicles.

> 1. The Banshee Bomb needs a nerf, but give the Banshee a little more health to compensate. Without the BB, it’s a flying cardboard box.
>
> 2. They nerfed the Hog too much. It’s too bouncy and it’s easily destroyed.
>
> 3. The Sniper is too overpowered against vehicles.

I agree 100% with the sniper being too strong versus vehicles. I like how you can use it to blow up the tank cover then the driver but in my opinion we have enough anti-vehicle weapons without adding the sniper to the mix. If you can head shot the driver/gunner of a Warthog Awesome! You deserve the kill but it’s too easy to kill the Falcon, Warthog , etc. with the sniper.

> > 1. The Banshee Bomb needs a nerf, but give the Banshee a little more health to compensate. Without the BB, it’s a flying cardboard box.
> >
> > 2. They nerfed the Hog too much. It’s too bouncy and it’s easily destroyed.
> >
> > 3. The Sniper is too overpowered against vehicles.
>
> I agree 100% with the sniper being too strong versus vehicles. I like how you can use it to blow up the tank cover then the driver but in my opinion we have enough anti-vehicle weapons without adding the sniper to the mix. If you can head shot the driver/gunner of a Warthog Awesome! You deserve the kill but it’s too easy to kill the Falcon, Warthog , etc. with the sniper.

I know, right? I’m just badfled by why they did that!

Sage…

> 1. The Banshee Bomb needs a nerf, but give the Banshee a little more health to compensate. Without the BB, it’s a flying cardboard box.
>
> 2. They nerfed the Hog too much. It’s too bouncy and it’s easily destroyed.
>
> 3. The Sniper is too overpowered against vehicles.

I think the Banshee was supposed to be something of a glass cannon. It is after all a light ground attack vehicle.
The sniper rifle is supposed to be Anti Material from what I saw on Halopedia, so it would make sense if it was good against vehicles. However, I think the it should be harder to affect vehicles somehow… like it has a higher chance to riccochet off of them?

> > 1. The Banshee Bomb needs a nerf, but give the Banshee a little more health to compensate. Without the BB, it’s a flying cardboard box.
> >
> > 2. They nerfed the Hog too much. It’s too bouncy and it’s easily destroyed.
> >
> > 3. The Sniper is too overpowered against vehicles.
>
> I think the Banshee was supposed to be something of a glass cannon. It is after all a light ground attack vehicle.
> The sniper rifle is supposed to be Anti Material from what I saw on Halopedia, so it would make sense if it was good against vehicles. However, I think the it should be harder to affect vehicles somehow… like it has a higher chance to riccochet off of them?

It wasn’t like this in other Halo games. It was more balanced. And even Banshees weren’t glass Canons. They had “light” Armor, but not that light.

Also, DMR and Sniper are still problems. Why weren’t Snipers like this in the old games? Because they didn’t need to be.