Vehicle health system?

Which do you prefer more? Halo:R vehicle health system(being used by H:4), or H:3s.

For tricks (i.e. launches), Halo 3.

For combat, Halo 4… so I don’t have to have a plasma pistol with me all the time. Retrieving enemy vehicles in Halo 3 was significantly harder due to their love of splatter. Ally vehicles were also annoying. I had to abuse the plasma pistol 24/7.

Halo 3. No question.

If I have one complaint about Halo:Reach and Halo 4, it’s the vehicle health system. If they were to just change it back to the Halo 3 health system, I’ll be happy.

I really hope you’re listing to this, 343i…

I didn’t know vehicles had a health system. I always figured they’d be shot, and it can’t regen or be repaired.

I prefer Halo 3 personally.

> I didn’t know vehicles had a health system. I always figured they’d be shot, and it can’t regen or be repaired.

In Halo 3 the vehicles HP was attached to your Spartans HP.

Do you mean the effectiveness of small-arms fire?
If that, I’d say Halo 3.

> Do you mean the effectiveness of small-arms fire?
> If that, I’d say Halo 3.

Yes I don’t think small arms fire should damage a vehicle as much as they do now.

Halo 3.

Halo 3’s system please.

That was the one main thing I did not like about Reach, and has returned to H4.

I am perfectly fine with light arms fire dealing cosmetic damage, such as hub caps popping off the hog, wings being shredded off the banshee, small parts of hog armor popping off, ect., ect.

However, small arms fire should not be able to deal the killing blow to a vehicle, unless they kill the driver in a badly damaged vehicle. That task should be for heavy/explosive weapons, as it should be.

Before I get flamed saying “oh, you just want vehicles to be dominate again so you can win more”, thats not it, its just to the point where vehicle combat is either short lived or non existant. I had no problems, outside of the gauss hog lol, taking vehicles down. Heck, a simple well placed frag can throw a monkey wrench in a Hogs spree.

For those who need it: TLDR

I want H3’s health system.

Heavy weapons should kill vehicles, not small arms.

I want to see vehicle combat make a comback.

I never used vehicles in halo 3 or reach, or just don’t remember, but they seem fine now.
25% of my perfections are with a banshee and i’m not exactly a vehicle pro

Halo4 Warthog is a joke - there’s a reason people ignore it and stay on foot.

Halo 2 or 3 please… Vehicles are horrible now and also were in Reach

When the vehicle your in is getting shot at you shouldnt lose health like in Reach ad 4, most times your not the one getting shot, the vehicle is, idk it just doesnt see to make any sense.

All I wanted was them to dumb down the Banshee from Reach, It was terrifying

As a person who adores Halo 4, I have to say I prefer the 2-3 Vehicle health system.

Vehicles are -supposed- to be overpowered and unbalanced. They’re supposed to be something your team focuses on or else you risk being dominated. A good example is the one map with a Satellite in the Heroic map pack of Halo 3. If your team couldn’t get a grip and work together to take out that Gauss Hog, you had a rough match ahead of you.

Since both teams tend to start with an equal opportunity for vehicle control, this should not be a problem. On BTB maps, a team /should/ be punished for losing all their vehicles if they can’t figure out how to destroy the enemies’ vehicles.

I’m not even a competitive player. I just like to know that I can get into a Warthog and make it count for more than 2 kills. I just like being the driver who narrowly avoids this rocket launcher or that spartan laser, not the guy who gets peppered by three men and their grandmother’s DMRs. :stuck_out_tongue:

> As a person who adores Halo 4, I have to say I prefer the 2-3 Vehicle health system.
>
> Vehicles are -supposed- to be overpowered and unbalanced. They’re supposed to be something your team focuses on or else you risk being dominated. A good example is the one map with a Satellite in the Heroic map pack of Halo 3. If your team couldn’t get a grip and work together to take out that Gauss Hog, you had a rough match ahead of you.
>
> Since both teams tend to start with an equal opportunity for vehicle control, this should not be a problem. On BTB maps, a team /should/ be punished for losing all their vehicles if they can’t figure out how to destroy the enemies’ vehicles.
>
> I’m not even a competitive player. I just like to know that I can get into a Warthog and make it count for more than 2 kills. I just like being the driver who narrowly avoids this rocket launcher or that spartan laser, not the guy who gets peppered by three men and their grandmother’s DMRs. :stuck_out_tongue:

I actually thought the vehicles in Halo 3 were pretty well-balanced, all things considered. Yeah, they could seem overpowered, but heavy weapons like the Spartan Laser and Missile Pod were more than enough to keep them in check.

Not only bring back Halo 3’s vehicle health system but buff the steering, I have noticed when I drive the warthog and mongoose its a lot harder to steer with the vehicles compared to Halo 3 and Reach.

Unless hogs, how many centuries in the future?, are made from rubbish metal, I really dont see how emptying 2-3 clips of a DMR into a vehicle would make it explode. Oh they can build spaceships, but hogs now we still build them like SUVs of the 21st C?
I wonder how many DMR clips it may take to drop Infinity from orbit? :wink:

Indeed they are supposed to be powerful, you arent supossed to solo them with DMR cough*Reach and now in Halo 4 with DMR + PP + Plasma nades aside from the tons of power weapons from ordnance.