Vehicle Control

Is it just me or are the vehicles in Halo 5 sometimes awkward to control. I am not necessarily saying it’s bad but I feel like I roll the vehicles or bounce them off objects a lot more in this game than in previous Halos. To be fair I am not the best at certain vehicles: my vehicle of choice is the ghost. Again I am NOT saying the vehicles are bad, just making an observation that driving them feels very different than before.

Some have noted that there seems to be a different kind of gravity at work when it comes to vehicles. I’m not sure how true that is or not, but I get the bouncy problem - any time I’m on a Mongoose I seem to notice it more myself.

Halo 5 has a lot more rural environment, I noticed that for sure. Other than that, most of the vehicles do bounce around way to much. Try driving a mongoose/warthog on Warzone, you fly all over the place. It’s kind of annoying.

Bouncy yes but I find myself flipping the warthig or mongoose much less than I did in halo 3. They feel heavier which I prefer. The banshee definitely suffers because of the new handling tho.

the mongoose has no weight to it, literally a sneeze would send it flying to saturn…

The vehicles are definitely the “bounciest” I’ve seen in a while in any halo game

Personally I like how they’re a lot bouncier now as nothing is funnier than seeing an enemy hog misjudge a corner and then flip over several times! but I see how some people might find it irritating. I just wish the Banshee would go back to the way it handled in Halo 3, I’ve never liked the flip and rolls in all the Halo’s after (can’t remember what it was like in Reach though?) The animation feels real awkward and like I’m not in control.

They are far too bouncy and just flip out for no reason.

I had a tank flip have way across the map once

When you’re driving offroad things get pretty bouncy, even IRL. And at high speeds offroad, it’s pretty easy for something to flip you. It’s not crazy to think that fast moving military vehicles might get air or flip when on rough terrain.

I like the way the vehicles handle. It reminds me a lot of Halo CE’s physics.

Ghosts handle pretty well, but mongoose ATVs and warthogs are really wonky. Driving either of them on Apex 7 is like driving through the world’s biggest inflatable moon bounce.

Most vehicles can be controlled sligthly while airborne.
For example the Worthog:If you keep pressing forward after a jump it will flip in this direction,so try backwards(works in any direction to balance the flip) while airborne.

The roll on mongooses is kind of deserved, hogs not so much rolling over at going rather slow, the ghost defos isn’t deserved it’s like it’s trying to brake dance, and a tank how the heck to you flip a tank especially through the air. Wraith though is fine but all vehicle randomly get stuck to the floor and can’t move.

> 2535409921983737;5:
> the mongoose has no weight to it, literally a sneeze would send it flying to saturn…

I avoid using it because of how bouncy it is…no control what so ever.

At least it’s not like Halo CE where the Warthog slips and slides everywhere you go.

It feels almost like they purposely wanted to make the vehicles reminiscent of the slippery slidy soapy vehicles from CE.

They can be fun, but they’re more unreliable than ever it seems.

I’ve gotten pretty good at accounting for it in my gameplay though. It does get better with practice and not going full speed everywhere you go.

It is because Halo 5 has In Air controls, so if you are holding your thumbstick while in mid air then you will roll in mid air, even when you bump in to things.

> 2535413364534857;17:
> It is because Halo 5 has In Air controls, so if you are holding your thumbstick while in mid air then you will roll in mid air, even when you bump in to things.

Good to know!

> 2535413364534857;17:
> It is because Halo 5 has In Air controls, so if you are holding your thumbstick while in mid air then you will roll in mid air, even when you bump in to things.

^This. And the handbrake works to stabilize you both on the ground and in the air.

I think it can get annoying/frustrating sometimes but for the most part I find it really fun and amusing. I think you really just have to get used to it. Like I have gotten really good at driving a goose because I use them very often. Same goes for my friend but instead of the goose it’s the hog.