Various new champions armor glitches

I contacted bsangel and was told to post this here.

This main one is probably less noticeable to the masses than the rest because it is seemingly displayed only on female Spartans but it’s messed up and needs to be addressed all the same.

• The feet on the Mark V armor legs (on females) are glitched. The inner bodysuit sticks straight out of the Mark V “shell” that is meant to cover the foot. Meaning the armor piece is probably aligned improperly. It looks dreadful, yes I’m sure this may not seem like a huge problem but we payed for this armor and it’d be nice if it functioned the same on both genders right?

Example
Example 2

• The Prefect legs also have a glitch, the thigh pieces are too loose around the thinner female legs and hover above them, you are able to see straight through them if you look at the right angle.

Example

> Here are some other outstanding female and male armor bugs that have been around from the games launch I think need to be addressed.
>
> [/li]- Hazop Forest legs are displayed as the default Recruit skin instead of the camouflage pattern on female Spartans.
>
> (No example needed)
>
> - Pioneer chest armor does not “re-size” for female characters. It’s terribly oversized and since every other chest-piece resizes for females I don’t think this is intentional.
>
> Example
>
> - The FOTUS/Pioneer helmets (possibly more) have a gap around the visors that allow you to see straight through your Spartan’s head. Mostly noticeable when taking screenshot and the post-game experience screen silhouettes. This is on both males and females.
>
> FOTUS example
> Pioneer example

Anyhow, since the developers are probably looking into fixing a few of the Champions DLC bugs like displaying the wrong armor in-game and such, I figured I’d point out this Mark V flaw and see if we can’t get it remedied along with a few others. The new Mark V armor looks amazing, I just want to be able to use it on my Spartan!

Updating with new screenshots for each glitch to better explain them.

These are not glitches. They are just oversights in the design that they did not have time to fix. They likely will not get fixed as they are purely cosmetic. Maybe just use different armor pieces if it really bothers you.

> These are not glitches. They are just oversights in the design that they did not have time to fix. They likely will not get fixed as they are purely cosmetic. Maybe just use different armor pieces if it really bothers you.

I disagree.

I payed for this “purely cosmetic” DLC specifically for the Mark V set of armor, is it unreasonable for it to look aesthetically pleasing and as advertised? The entire purpose is how it looks, if it does not function properly (look good) that defeats the purpose of purchasing in-game cosmetics. Why should I have to use a different piece of armor if I purchased the DLC FOR the armor that is malfunctioning? That’s like buying a map pack that won’t let you play one map and having someone tell you to “just play another map” instead.

Glitched, broken, overlooked, whatever you call it, it’s not functioning as it should and it should be remedied, should it not?

> I payed for this “purely cosmetic” DLC specifically for the Mark V set of armor, is it unreasonable for it to look aesthetically pleasing and as advertised? The entire purpose is how it looks, if it does not function properly (look good) that defeats the purpose of purchasing in-game cosmetics. Why should I have to use a different piece of armor if I purchased the DLC FOR the armor that is malfunctioning? That’s like buying a map pack that won’t let you play one map and having someone tell you to “just play another map” instead.
>
> Glitched, broken, overlooked, whatever you call it, it’s not functioning as it should and it should be remedied, should it not?

Agreed. 100%. When I paid for new armor I expected it to fit my spartan.

> > I payed for this “purely cosmetic” DLC specifically for the Mark V set of armor, is it unreasonable for it to look aesthetically pleasing and as advertised? The entire purpose is how it looks, if it does not function properly (look good) that defeats the purpose of purchasing in-game cosmetics. Why should I have to use a different piece of armor if I purchased the DLC FOR the armor that is malfunctioning? That’s like buying a map pack that won’t let you play one map and having someone tell you to “just play another map” instead.
> >
> > Glitched, broken, overlooked, whatever you call it, it’s not functioning as it should and it should be remedied, should it not?
>
> Agreed. 100%. When I paid for new armor I expected it to fit my spartan.

Thanks for the support, I was totally enjoying the Mark V set until I found this “glitch” with the armor. I tried using other sets of leg armor as an alternative and none of them fit the set quite like the classic space diaper does…

I’m not one to bump but I feel the need to keep this topic in the view of the developers.

And let’s not even talk about the Ricochet, Prefect and Mk.V forearms NOT having a model in first person. Instead being replaced with Inner-Plated and not being able to use these armors or weapon skins in Spartan Ops.

Oh trust me, I’m well aware of those too. These are just additional ones that no one else seemed to be complaining about you so I thought I’d bring them up.

ive noticed that the ODST armor set appears as recruit armor while playing spartan ops also in First Person POV ODST shoulders show as Scout when you melee.

Yeah there are quite a few bugs…

Any of the Champion’s Bundle DLC armor will be reset to Recruit armor in any Spartan Ops mission. That not being the only bug with Spartan Ops recently…

Just bought the steel skin pack, and they don’t show up in game. Triple checked that it was currently equipped, but they show in game as the default skin, please respond to me

DOT HACK KYRIOS and Xerosus are right.

In fact, every Champions Bundle armor doesn’t show on 1st Person POV.(Except for legs). They show Inner-Plated arms and Scout Shoulders instead.

Also, when you’re playing with ODST armor, when you die your spartan in 3rd person has Scout armor. (i don’t know if this happens on the other armor types, but this happened to me like more than 5 times)

ALso with Protector helmet, when you die in-game, your helmet shows Operator or Hazop visor on the Protector helmet. (even the Protector helmet doesn’t has a visor)

Yeah, the pack is chock-full of glitches but most of what you just listed was common knowledge. The ones I showed in the first post were not posted anywhere else so I needed to post them up in hopes of getting them fixed when the others are eventually updated.

Hi, CrimsonLegend.

Thanks for your post. We have passed the information regarding the female Mark V armor legs onto the appropriate team, though we cannot guarantee that an update will be issued for this. As for the Prefect legs, this exists in the male version as well, as players can see the bodysuit behind the armor on the leg. There are small crevices between the armor and body suit, which is the intended design.

Thank you for the reply, I know it’s not guarenteed but I do hope to see a fix for this. The entire reason I purchased the bundle was for the Mark V set.

As for the prefect issue, you are able to see through from the inner thigh but the same spot on the outer thigh from the other direction you cannot see though. I don’t think that’s intentional, unless the armor is like a one-way mirror or something. o.o

I see the title update is out and nothing here was addresses. disappointment doesnt even begin to cover how I’m feeling right now, not even a fix for the horribly broken mark v legs? if this is what paying customers can expect I certainly won’t be buying any more cosmetic DLC from halo games sine there is no guarantee they will function properly.

They fixed the POV armor problems but the armors are still useless in Spartan Ops.

The armors were not meant to be used in Spartan Ops by design.