Various equipment ideas

I’m just going to throw some of these ideas for equipment out there, and maybe they’d change your perspective on equipment.

Cyro Sphere- A small ball that is thrown at the enemy, enemies within its radius when it activates are slowed down, lasts for several seconds.

Detector- A sensor that sticks to the wall for a period of time and allows all your teammates to see enemies within its radius through walls and on radar even if not moving. Stealthed enemies are also detected.

EMP Mine- A mine, after landing it waits three seconds, then detonates disabling target’s shields and vehicles. Vehicles that move too close to the mine cause it to detonate prematurely.

Blinder- A flashbang that blinds enemies who look into it, and also knocks out enemy radar for those who are too close to it when it explodes.

Basically, no defensive equipment. That only serves to slow down the game. However, equipment like this I think can speed up or make gameplay more tactical.

The Jackel’s arm shield

• you must wait for it to recharge after taking hits or is in use for too long
  • limited mobility
  • no weapon use
  • Once shield fully depletes, it cannot recharge and is dropped.

Meant for casual gametypes and playlists.

I think I’d rather have Halo 3’s equipment back. With the possible addidtion of a jet booster. Besides that detector would just promote camping and completely kill stealth in CTF games. And a cryo sphere? I’m all for eqipment that damages shields, but slowing the player down would immediatly kill them you’d be screwed against grenades, snipers, swords, rockets, precision weapons and you couldn’t even run away. Your other two ideas sound exactly like trip mine and flare anyway.

> I think I’d rather have Halo 3’s equipment back. With the possible addidtion of a jet booster. Besides that detector would just promote camping and completely kill stealth in CTF games. And a cryo sphere? I’m all for eqipment that damages shields, but slowing the player down would immediatly kill them you’d be screwed against grenades, snipers, swords, rockets, precision weapons and you couldn’t even run away. Your other two ideas sound exactly like trip mine and flare anyway.

The detector eliminates camping. You can toss them into known camp spots and if someone decides to chill out there, you’ll see them. If someone puts detectors up ahead of camp spots, you’ll know to chuck some grenades ahead.

And yes, if you get cyro sphere’d it should be deadly. The idea is that it isn’t just an automatic death sphere like the EMP was in Halo 3 but if you decide to hang out around it you’re going to die to the enemy. All the equipment is designed to flush you out to keep the game moving.

As for your point about the other equipment, yeah having flare and jammer as separate entities seems redundant as are the EMP and the mine for taking out vehicles. The EMP mine is nerfed against infantry to some degree. Against players, it is more of a tool to flush an area out or very temporarily prevent an advancing attack.

> I’m just going to throw some of these ideas for equipment out there, and maybe they’d change your perspective on equipment.
>
> Cyro Sphere- A small ball that is thrown at the enemy, enemies within its radius when it activates are slowed down, lasts for several seconds.
>
> Detector- A sensor that sticks to the wall for a period of time and allows all your teammates to see enemies within its radius through walls and on radar even if not moving. Stealthed enemies are also detected.
>
> EMP Mine- A mine, after landing it waits three seconds, then detonates disabling target’s shields and vehicles. Vehicles that move too close to the mine cause it to detonate prematurely.
>
> Blinder- A flashbang that blinds enemies who look into it, and also knocks out enemy radar for those who are too close to it when it explodes.
>
> Basically, no defensive equipment. That only serves to slow down the game. However, equipment like this I think can speed up or make gameplay more tactical.

Cyro Sphere- don’t like this one.
Blinder- please no silly flashbang knock offs, id hat to see this.
Detector- I like this one.
EMP Mine- I like this one too.
I don’t really mind the defensive equipment.

> The Jackel’s arm shield
>
> - you must wait for it to recharge after taking hits or is in use for too long
> - limited mobility
> - no weapon use
> - Once shield fully depletes, it cannot recharge and is dropped.
>
> Meant for casual gametypes and playlists.

Id rather have this as a duel wieldable weapon. Can only be used with a duel wieldable weapon. Has a charge monitor instead of ammo, can recharge like spartan shields, is reasonably weak.

> The Jackel’s arm shield
>
> - you must wait for it to recharge after taking hits or is in use for too long
> - limited mobility
> - no weapon use
> - Once shield fully depletes, it cannot recharge and is dropped.
>
> Meant for casual gametypes and playlists.

how about it puts you in crouch, sidearm or dual wield-able weapons available, and it can recharge, but the recharge and time meters are separtate, and the time meter takes a while to recharge. That way, recharge is shorter for taking hits and longer for using it too long. grenades disabled.

the shield takes up both the left-hand weapon(integrity) and equipment/AA(time meter) areas.