Vanilla Reach Sucks

It’s honestly no good.

It takes no skill at all.
There’s so many stupid deaths due to bloom.
Noobs can do too well in it.

Vanilla should have never been introduced to Reach.

Please discuss and thank you.

If this isn’t locked at the same time as the other thread, I’m calling a bias.

No, because vanilla takes more skill because you have to pace your shots and watch your reticule and time your melees too.

i disagree, invasion is awesome!

> i disagree, invasion is awesome!

I agree, with Army. Invasion is indeed most excellent.

I think the Title Update had some good ideas, like 85% bloom and the Armor Lock change, but bleed-through ruined the whole thing.

Now that bleed-through is gone, I don’t mind the TU.

> No, because vanilla takes more skill because you have to pace your shots and watch your reticule and time your melees too.

then why has it been proven NUMEROUS times spamming > pacing with vanilla?

> It’s honestly no good.

For you apparently, but it appears far more players prefer Vanilla planifolia, thems the facts.

> It takes no skill at all.

So whats the problem then, if you are “skilled” then you should be a god in vanilla TS.

> There’s so many stupid deaths due to bloom.

Dont forget my fav, AL =P

> Noobs can do too well in it.

Noobs pay the bills, nothing wrong with noobs.

> Vanilla should have never been introduced to Reach.

It was not introduced, vanilla is default and has been so from the beginning, if anything, the TU is a waste of time.

> Please discuss and thank you.

Will do and your welcome =D

Plunderfull, you’ve sunk to an all new low. In no way can Vanilla be proven to be better than TU (with bleedthrough).

As Fal Cinadee said, pacing in TU works like Bungie intended it to. Vanilla settings allow for spamming to have a high success rate.

I’m gravely worried. When Halo 4 comes out, will the n00bs still want Reach-like gameplay? Do they still want crutches such as armor abilities, bloom to hamper those with aim, and low strafe acceleration so they have an easier time hitting people with a fully expanded reticle?

Is this the future of Halo? Will you Vanilla supporters crave Reach-like gameplay in the future Halo titles? If you prefer the classic games over Reach, then why don’t you support the TU? The TU moves far more in the direction of classic Halo than Vanilla.

-MFROG5

> I think the Title Update had some good ideas, like 85% bloom and the Armor Lock change, but bleed-through ruined the whole thing.
>
> Now that bleed-through is gone, I don’t mind the TU.

^this

That being said, I still greatly enjoy Vanilla Reach.

Edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

Original post. Click at your own discretion.

TU > Vanilla

/thread

This is pretty funny.

When I was browsing the first page of threads in the Reach forum, I noticed this thread was right below “TU Sucks” in the list.

Thread #61883 ­TU sucks.
about 7 hours ago - [Goto Page: 1, 2][/li]
Thread #61897 ­Vanilla Reach Sucks
about 6 houts ago - [Goto Page: 1][/li]
I guess since I posted this, it changed the order. But I got a laugh out of it.

> Plunderfull, you’ve sunk to an all new low. In no way can Vanilla be proven to be better than TU (with bleedthrough).
>
> As Fal Cinadee said, pacing in TU works like Bungie intended it to. Vanilla settings allow for spamming to have a high success rate.
>
> I’m gravely worried. When Halo 4 comes out, will the n00bs still want Reach-like gameplay? Do they still want crutches such as armor abilities, bloom to hamper those with aim, and low strafe acceleration so they have an easier time hitting people with a fully expanded reticle?
>
> Is this the future of Halo? Will you Vanilla supporters crave Reach-like gameplay in the future Halo titles? If you prefer the classic games over Reach, then why don’t you support the TU? The TU moves far more in the direction of classic Halo than Vanilla.
>
> -MFROG5

You wont get far by disrespecting Plunder.

Hes one of the most respected people on this site.

I’ve played Halo since the beginning, and yes, as a veteran (even with no xbl at the time), I’ve noticed the game play becoming much more…easier, more friendly for newcomers. I don’t mind that to an extent. A game must be balanced out for both casual and competitive players and the Halo trilogy was successful in doing so. However, with Reach…I feel, and there are a lot of others with me on this, there’s so much imbalance, too much for one side, and not enough for the other. Reach is basically, and I applaud any who get the joke, is the Raditz of the Halo series to many, many people.

343i is trying to make sure the game play doesn’t go stale, and I respect that, but there are things that can and probably should be done differently. My issue with any game will always boil down to what is and isn’t balanced, and in my eyes it doesn’t seem fully balanced out for both sides to enjoy. Reach has a lot of potential still and good things can happen before Halo 4, but they can’t wait too much longer. The update is in March, when it is released to the public, I can give my final verdict on Reach for the time being.

I only started playing again because of the title update. I never play Vanilla Reach, it’s the worst game ever. Team Slayer has TU and Vanilla, if vanilla gets voted I quit immediately. Seriously if you like Vanilla Reach you are ruining Halo.

> Plunderfull, you’ve sunk to an all new low. In no way can Vanilla be proven to be better than TU (with bleedthrough).
>
> As Fal Cinadee said, pacing in TU works like Bungie intended it to. Vanilla settings allow for spamming to have a high success rate.

I bet because he knows the TU is a code application and the “house rules” are not a result of the TU but instead use the TU.
He also understands that 85% bloom is a different topic compared to bleed-through.
Somehow you have twisted the bleed through topic in the bloom… why?

> Plunderfull, you’ve sunk to an all new low. In no way can Vanilla be proven to be better than TU (with bleedthrough).

Its not a matter of superiority, in this case its a matter of overall population preference, in this case, in TS, the TU was unwanted, this is fact, not my opinion.

> As Fal Cinadee said, pacing in TU works like Bungie intended it to. Vanilla settings allow for spamming to have a high success rate.

Then spam and see how that works out for you, I will stick to pacing, if I dont have trigger fits in the heat of the moment LOL.

> I’m gravely worried. When Halo 4 comes out, will the n00bs still want Reach-like gameplay? Do they still want crutches such as armor abilities, bloom to hamper those with aim, and low strafe acceleration so they have an easier time hitting people with a fully expanded reticle?

In Halo 4, I doubt it, Frank seems like an old school kind of guy and here is the best part, if some Halo fans wish to have everything you described they may pop in Reach and have it all. Or maybe they could scream and stomp their feet for a year until 343 tries to please them.

> Is this the future of Halo?

Dunno.

> Will you Vanilla supporters crave Reach-like gameplay in the future Halo titles?

I will speak for this one, no, absolutely not, whatever Halo 4 is, I will either play and enjoy or I will leave the game to those that do. Thats just the way I roll, however that does not seem to be a prevailing thought process here, people are looking to change Reach for their personel preference, not because its broken =/

> If you prefer the classic games over Reach, then why don’t you support the TU?

Because, while I played those games, they got shelved for the new Halo and then I play them when I feel like it, not try and have the new one made into the old Halo.

> The TU moves far more in the direction of classic Halo than Vanilla.

Really? It felt like minor adjustments to Reach and thats about it to me, honestly the TU didnt bother me much beyond that it was changing a year old game that many people liked, for a few that didnt, still dont and most likely never will, otherwise I was performing just about the same as in default, where I shall be pop-n-locking until Halo 4 =D

> -MFROG5

Nice to meet you =

> > It’s honestly no good.
>
> For you apparently, but it appears far more players prefer Vanilla planifolia, thems the facts.

Facts? Where did you get this “fact” that far more players prefer lolVanilla over TU?

> > It takes no skill at all.
>
> So whats the problem then, if you are “skilled” then you should be a god in vanilla TS.

That’s not how it works. Sure, in TS I get to destroy kids, but that’s because of the low trueskill in the game, not because of the skill gap decreasement. Besides, if you lower the skill gap it is harder for you to outplay another player as it is easier for them to kill you. I’ll make a fairly stupid example to make you understand: Imagine every player started with a weapon that shoots laser that kills in one shot and has a reticule that turns red every time you see an enemy, even if you are not directly aiming at him. You just have to have him in your sight to be able to kill him.
You’re most likely thinking “wow that’s overpowered”. I agree, but that’s not the point. With such a weapon the skill gap would be incredibly reduced to being almost non-existant. Does that mean good players will be better than the unskilled ones? Yes. Does that mean they will be gods against them? Not really. The skill gap is way too thin to make it happen.

> > Noobs can do too well in it.
>
> Noobs pay the bills, nothing wrong with noobs.

Unfortunately I don’t think you refuted his argument, though.

> Vanilla should have never been introduced to Reach.

It was not introduced, vanilla is default and has been so from the beginning, if anything, the TU is a waste of time.
[/quote]
I wholeheartedly disagree.

> Will do and your welcome =D

You’re*

Then just play the Title Updated playlists. Don’t come on here and complain about it.

If you have that much of a problem with it, DON’T PLAY IT.

> Then just play the Title Updated playlists. Don’t come on here and complain about it.
>
> If you have that much of a problem with it, DON’T PLAY IT.

Do you understand what these forums are for, because I get the feeling you don’t?