Vaccume Energy

Im having a hard time understanding this quote from Halo Silentium. What exactly is it saying? Does it mean they literally sucked out the entire energy of a entire universe and stored it in a battery somewhere? Wouldnt that mean they have to potential to destroy their own universe?

“As the reflective orb rotates beneath my ship, I see also the outstretched, feather-like plumes of vacuum energy pylons, drawing in the potential of an infinity of alternate realities … aborting untold numbers of nascent universes to supply Requiem’s power. Strange that these cosmic deaths have never before struck me as cruel and futile. All of Forerunner technology has been made possible by drawing down vacuum energy. My own life, all that I know, arises out of cosmic predation.”

Vacuum energy is entirely too high level for me… so I’ll just provide a lazy link to the Halopedia article about it: Vacuum Energy

The short version is that vacuum energy exists virtually everywhere, and the Forerunners found a way to harness that energy. It’s how they’re able to power ridiculously huge constructs the size of planets.

As for their ability to destroy our universe? I’d say it’s certainly possible, but highly improbable. They created WMDs capable of wiping out all sentient life in the galaxy. But a galaxy is a speck of dust compared to the entirety of even the known universe, let alone the entire universe.

A big example of it being used in the series is the Cyrotroopers and Frost Raven in Halo Wars 2. They use Vacuum energy for their weapons.

> 2535435902217648;2:
> Vacuum energy is entirely too high level for me… so I’ll just provide a lazy link to the Halopedia article about it: Vacuum Energy
>
> The short version is that vacuum energy exists virtually everywhere, and the Forerunners found a way to harness that energy. It’s how they’re able to power ridiculously huge constructs the size of planets.
>
> As for their ability to destroy our universe? I’d say it’s certainly possible, but highly improbable. They created WMDs capable of wiping out all sentient life in the galaxy. But a galaxy is a speck of dust compared to the entirety of even the known universe, let alone the entire universe.

Okay but I still don’t understand what they mean by aborting nascent universe to power requiem. Does that mean they sucked out all the energy from that universe? Because that would be absolutely absurd

Basically they used either natural or artificially created universe’s for energy. Confirming at least in part the multiverse theory.

the quote of watching as nascent as a nascent universe was born and died confirms this but it is really left un explored in this. Hell given how forerunner bedazzlers etc work and how they can change the rate of time within small spaces it’s entirely possible they reverted the universe to its early age harvesting its energy in numerous ‘instances’ through their empire to power their machines.

given the concept of living time and the fact the universe was considered a living being beyond our understanding by the precursors it would stand to reason it would also pro create making other universe’s that the forerunners have since learned to harvest for energy production.