Utility Weapon in Halo 4

What Utility Weapon Would You Like to see in Halo 4?

Halo CE Pistol: Single Shot, 3sk (three shot kill).

Halo 2 BR: Burst Fire, Hit Scan, 4sk.

Halo 3 BR: Burst Fire, Lead Shots, BR Spread, 4sk.

Halo Reach DMR bloom: Single Shot, Hit Scan, Pacing vs. Spamming, 5sk.

Halo Reach DMR no bloom: Single Shot, Hit Scan, 5sk.

Something New: burst fire or single shot?, hit scan or not hit scan?, bloom or no bloom?, 2sk? 3sk? 4sk? 5sk? 6sk???

Personally I would like to see something like the H2 BR. I feel like it takes the most skill. Hopefully the strafe speed is fast too.

I’d suggest something to please everyone, but I really wouldn’t know where to start.

Burst fire, hitscan, 4 shot kill, about 1.5 second kill time. In other words: Halo 2 BR. That’s all I want from the utility weapon. Consistency, speed, skill, these are the key words.

> Burst fire, hitscan, 4 shot kill, about 1.5 second kill time. In other words: Halo 2 BR. That’s all I want from the utility weapon. Consistency, speed, skill, these are the key words.

I never played Halo 2 but this sounds like a good idea.

NONE

just add in IQ URZAs suggestions ot make the perfect halo

aka weapon trait modification

void of that they should just add all 4 weapons in and add or remove them via gametype and forge settings

there problems solved

As long as its single shot and the kill time is about 1.2-1.5 seconds it should be good.

I say single shot because it’s a lot more consistent than burst fire. You either hit or you miss, no hitting only part of a burst.

> NONE
>
> just add in IQ URZAs suggestions ot make the perfect halo
>
> aka weapon trait modification
>
> void of that they should just add all 4 weapons in and add or remove them via gametype and forge settings
>
> there problems solved

If we are going to take that route, then every single suggestion made on these forums should be directed to his thread from here on. :slight_smile: But yeah, you’re kind of right that we could really have different types of rifles, all with different function.

Options are the future of gaming.

> As long as its single shot and the kill time is about 1.2-1.5 seconds it should be good.
>
> I say single shot because it’s a lot more consistent than burst fire. You either hit or you miss, no hitting only part of a burst.

On the other hand, the burst is actually consistent as long as spread or bullet travel times aren’t factors. It’s up to you can you keep your reticle on the opponent for teh whole burst.

Something I really love about the BR is that the exact thing that differentiates a good player from an amazing player is their ability to keep the reticle on the opponent’s head. While a good player can only pull five shot kills consistently, an amazing player can pull four shot kills.

Anyway, as I said, the burst of BR is consistent unless there are other unneeded factors (spread, bullet travel time). It just depends on the player do they use it efficiently.

Ya I think something similar to the H2 BR would be the best. Maybe it could even include button combos/glitches. (:

Halo shouldn’t have a utility weapon. All weapons should be balanced for a particular combat role, much like CE and Vanilla Reach were.

I think the Halo 2 BR would be best, since the Halo 3 BR was a bit too powerful for my liking.

> Halo shouldn’t have a utility weapon. All weapons should be balanced for a particular combat role, much like CE and Vanilla Reach were.

Lol CE, no unbalanced weapons? A 3sk pistol ruled everything. Although most weapons were balanced.

Look how popular H2 was. If you want H4 to be the same I think the BR is for the best. If you want balanced they could just remove the utility weapon from the social playlists.

> NONE
>
> just add in IQ URZAs suggestions ot make the perfect halo
>
> aka weapon trait modification
>
> void of that they should just add all 4 weapons in and add or remove them via gametype and forge settings
>
> there problems solved

awes. thanks bro :smiley:

if they dont give us massive tweaking options, however, i would like to see 2 utility weapons arise.

1.) the BR.
-3 shot burst
-NO RANDOM SPREAD WHATSOEVER
-hitscan (for each bullet, so if you are aiming on target for the first 2 rounds but not the third you’ll get 2 hits and 1 miss)
-1.5 second kill time, from first bullet fired to dead enemy

and seriously, NO RANDOM SPREAD WHATSOEVER. making guns inconsistent is NOT BALANCE, it just makes the game boil down into random nonsense, adding a luck factor that doesnt actually benefit anyone, but only brings people down. when i shoot on target, i should get hits. when i shoot off target, i should miss. adding random spread just gives off target people the ability to hit (because of spread), and makes on target people miss sometimes due to factors that they cannot control. random spread is illogical, asinine, and it doesnt actually add anything to the game other than INCONSISTENCY that IS NOT WANTED.

want proof people dont want inconsistency? how about all the people complaining about it in every halo game? in h3 it was the random spread, in reach its the DMR’s bloom algorithm. INCONSISTENCY is what BOTH OF THESE THINGS add to the game.

2.) the DMR
-hitscan
-bloom implemented so spamming is 100% abysmal (if you spam, you lose. PERIOD. doesnt matter if you are touching each other, you’ll just lose. maybe even make it so you explode if you spam. at the very least, make it so if your bloom is at 50% or more, you cannot register headshots. this will alleviate a lot of the underlying problem with bloom)
-1.5 second kill time from first shot till dead enemy.

OH! and make the guns SOUND LIKE THEY WOULD HURT TO GET SHOT BY. i swear the DMR in reach sounds like a pea shooter lol.

> Halo shouldn’t have a utility weapon. All weapons should be balanced for a particular combat role, much like CE and Vanilla Reach were.

CE pistol was a utility weapon. its also the main reason why so many people liked the game.

utility weapon is halo. not having a utility weapon makes the game boil down into rock/paper/scissors.

I think it is silly how people get attached to the look and function of a weapon.

I could care less what the utility weapon is, it just has to do the following;
-perform consistently
-require a lot of skill to be used effectively
-be effective in any situation

Also, hitscan.

> What Utility Weapon Would You Like to see in Halo 4?

Something that doesn’t effectively invalidate the rest of the non-Power Weapon sandbox.

> I could care less what the utility weapon is, it just has to do the following;
> -…
> -…
> -be effective in any situation
>
> Also, hitscan.

Too far, sir.

Halo 2 BR with less aim assist and bullet magnetism.