Using Seasons to Expand Infinite's Sandbox

We know that Infinite will have it’s own sandbox - weapons, vehicles, power ups… but everyone is expecting that it will expand over time… and hopefully bring back some classic favourites.

There are already wish-list threads eg. ‘bring back the classic shotgun’.

What would be cool is if they tie the content around the Season Pass.

If the Pass is based around Halo:CE… then we’ll see some Halo:CE stuff added. eg. the original magnum. Obviously mainly for customs… but it could be a ‘guest’ weapon in certain playlists - just for that season.

And as we keep rotating the theme we’ll get more and more goodies added. Halo 3 = bubble shield, etc.

I don’t think it will happen too often as they are still trying to make this game competitive, so if they keep adding “classic” weapons it will water down the experience of the core gameplay. Like having 4 different shotguns makes the game hard to balance.

> 2535448659594032;2:
> I don’t think it will happen too often as they are still trying to make this game competitive, so if they keep adding “classic” weapons it will water down the experience of the core gameplay. Like having 4 different shotguns makes the game hard to balance.

I agree with the balancing issue.

> 2535461884091985;3:
> > 2535448659594032;2:
> > I don’t think it will happen too often as they are still trying to make this game competitive, so if they keep adding “classic” weapons it will water down the experience of the core gameplay. Like having 4 different shotguns makes the game hard to balance.
>
> i agree

Not a problem for the core audience of these things… Custom games.

And the occasional rotation through social type lists shouldn’t upset the balance too much. Eg. replacing the map rockets with the H2 SPNKR. And some playlists are born for this sort of thing… Super Fiesta type games could be tightly linked to the theme of the Season.

Obviously not in Ranked / competitive though.

> 2585548714655118;4:
> > 2535461884091985;3:
> > > 2535448659594032;2:
> > > I don’t think it will happen too often as they are still trying to make this game competitive, so if they keep adding “classic” weapons it will water down the experience of the core gameplay. Like having 4 different shotguns makes the game hard to balance.
> >
> > i agree
>
> Not a problem for the core audience of these things… Custom games.
>
> And the occasional rotation through social type lists shouldn’t upset the balance too much. Eg. replacing the map rockets with the H2 SPNKR. And some playlists are born for this sort of thing… Super Fiesta type games could be tightly linked to the theme of the Season.
>
> Obviously not in Ranked / competitive though.

I think far too many people always forget Firefight/Customs/Social and alternative modes when they think about stuff like this. Did the Void’s Tear, Beam Rifle Delta, Nornfang, etc have an impact on Ranked Arena Slayer in Halo 5? Then new weapons or weapon gimmicks won’t need to in Infinite either. Go ahead and let them add these kinds of things. Chances are the people focusing on Competitive will never, ever see them anyway so why deny it to the rest of the community and to PvE modes?

> 2533274850869596;5:
> > 2585548714655118;4:
> > > 2535461884091985;3:
> > > > 2535448659594032;2:
> > > > I don’t think it will happen too often as they are still trying to make this game competitive, so if they keep adding “classic” weapons it will water down the experience of the core gameplay. Like having 4 different shotguns makes the game hard to balance.
> > >
> > > i agree
> >
> > Not a problem for the core audience of these things… Custom games.
> >
> > And the occasional rotation through social type lists shouldn’t upset the balance too much. Eg. replacing the map rockets with the H2 SPNKR. And some playlists are born for this sort of thing… Super Fiesta type games could be tightly linked to the theme of the Season.
> >
> > Obviously not in Ranked / competitive though.
>
> I think far too many people always forget Firefight/Customs/Social and alternative modes when they think about stuff like this. Did the Void’s Tear, Beam Rifle Delta, Nornfang, etc have an impact on Ranked Arena Slayer in Halo 5? Then new weapons or weapon gimmicks won’t need to in Infinite either. Go ahead and let them add these kinds of things. Chances are the people focusing on Competitive will never, ever see them anyway so why deny it to the rest of the community and to PvE modes?

Yep. I have a group that gets together every Tuesday night (yay, tonight). We love to choose different starting weapons and just go silly on a map.