Using Req points to recharge Weapons and Vehicles

I think that if you have a Power Weapon, Vehicle, or Power up certification you should be able to spend REQ points to gain one. They would cost more than the selling price and would increase with rarity. I think it would be useful for weapon and vehicle masteries.

I’m on board for this idea.

I don’t think 343 would do this. It would lessen the number of people buying Req packs with money.

I like the idea, however it would be unbalanced considering some rich gamer can buy like 30 Nornfangs via microtransactions.

> 2533274793245117;4:
> I like the idea, however it would be unbalanced considering some rich gamer can buy like 30 Nornfangs via microtransactions.

Can’t you only use money for REQ packs? Not REQ Points

Perhaps this could work if you refill ammo for 2 REQs up the initial cost. For example, if you bring a hailstorm to do this (level 3 REQ) it would cost 5 REQ points to refill it’s ammo to the normal initial cost. However if you bring in a level 8 REQ or higher, you can’t do it.

Does this sound good?

> 2533274928040440;6:
> Perhaps this could work if you refill ammo for 2 REQs up the initial cost. For example, if you bring a hailstorm to do this (level 3 REQ) it would cost 5 REQ points to refill it’s ammo to the normal initial cost. However if you bring in a level 8 REQ or higher, you can’t do it.
>
> Does this sound good?

It may work better if it was the other way around. Where you pay something like 3-4 REQ in order to fill up ammo for a REQ 5 weapon. If you have to pay more to refill the weapon wouldn’t it be better to just toss it and buy a new one instead?

I like the idea though!

> 2533274861153490;5:
> > 2533274793245117;4:
> > I like the idea, however it would be unbalanced considering some rich gamer can buy like 30 Nornfangs via microtransactions.
>
>
> Can’t you only use money for REQ packs? Not REQ Points

True, but RayCanes2001 still has a point. While a rich gamer couldn’t just outright buy a bunch of uber powerful weapons, they could still buy a bunch of packs, sell everything they don’t want for points, then use those points to specifically buy power weapons. Granted, there’s still balancers in play like the in game REQ levels, and the fact that they’d still have to get the uber rare certification for Nornfang before they could just buy them according to your rules. Perhaps only allow the purchasing of base weapons? Like you can only directly buy regular snipers, but none of the beefed up versions?

damn rich gamers and your req buying! lol makes it hard on the rest of us

I like the current system i cant just hoard the guns im good with and forces me to experiment and ive found a few cool guns in the process

> 2533274802029738;8:
> > 2533274861153490;5:
> > > 2533274793245117;4:
> > > I like the idea, however it would be unbalanced considering some rich gamer can buy like 30 Nornfangs via microtransactions.
> >
> >
> > Can’t you only use money for REQ packs? Not REQ Points
>
>
> True, but RayCanes2001 still has a point. While a rich gamer couldn’t just outright buy a bunch of uber powerful weapons, they could still buy a bunch of packs, sell everything they don’t want for points, then use those points to specifically buy power weapons. Granted, there’s still balancers in play like the in game REQ levels, and the fact that they’d still have to get the uber rare certification for Nornfang before they could just buy them according to your rules. Perhaps only allow the purchasing of base weapons? Like you can only directly buy regular snipers, but none of the beefed up versions?

I’m fairly sure the OP means using your in game REQ points (the green hexagons, not your REQ point stash) to replenish ammo. I like the idea. The cost could be one less point than cost of the original weapon.

> 2605654070140445;11:
> > 2533274802029738;8:
> > > 2533274861153490;5:
> > > > 2533274793245117;4:
> > > > I like the idea, however it would be unbalanced considering some rich gamer can buy like 30 Nornfangs via microtransactions.
> > >
> > >
> > > Can’t you only use money for REQ packs? Not REQ Points
> >
> >
> > True, but RayCanes2001 still has a point. While a rich gamer couldn’t just outright buy a bunch of uber powerful weapons, they could still buy a bunch of packs, sell everything they don’t want for points, then use those points to specifically buy power weapons. Granted, there’s still balancers in play like the in game REQ levels, and the fact that they’d still have to get the uber rare certification for Nornfang before they could just buy them according to your rules. Perhaps only allow the purchasing of base weapons? Like you can only directly buy regular snipers, but none of the beefed up versions?
>
>
> I’m fairly sure the OP means using your in game REQ points (the green hexagons, not your REQ point stash) to replenish ammo. I like the idea. The cost could be one less point than cost of the original weapon.

I’m pretty sure that’s not what he meant considering he said “They would cost more than the selling price” (you can’t sell cards for energy in-game) and also mentioned vehicles and power-ups, neither of which have ammo. (He also never mentioned ammo.)

> 2533274861153490;7:
> > 2533274928040440;6:
> > Perhaps this could work if you refill ammo for 2 REQs up the initial cost. For example, if you bring a hailstorm to do this (level 3 REQ) it would cost 5 REQ points to refill it’s ammo to the normal initial cost. However if you bring in a level 8 REQ or higher, you can’t do it.
> >
> > Does this sound good?
>
>
> It may work better if it was the other way around. Where you pay something like 3-4 REQ in order to fill up ammo for a REQ 5 weapon. If you have to pay more to refill the weapon wouldn’t it be better to just toss it and buy a new one instead?
>
> I like the idea though!

Thanks!

But if it were to work that way, people would lose more inspiration to buy REQ packs, wouldn’t they?
Because refilling ammo for a lower cost kinda defeats the purpose of REQ packs in a way. If it were my way, then a real professional would not use the refill if they have the REQ cards, but they would if they do not have said card. It encourages weapon rotation with minimal consequences. In other words, the system encourages to refill ammunition for weapons you do not have REQ access to, and encourages weapon rotation (Prophets Bane anyone?)

My biggest gripe is not “refilling packs”, but rather that you can’t pay what you want for what you want. Have “Armor Packs”, “Emblem packs”, “Weapon skin packs”, “vehicle packs”, “Warzone weapon packs”, etc. in tandem with Bronze, Silver, and Gold packs. But that’d require them actually having a lot more req’s to make it worth it. For example, I have a friend that REALLY wants a certain helmet, so he has to -Yoink!- out the Gold packs to try and get it, vs spending req points on just the armor/helmet packs. Kind of like the Limited Edition req pack, more chances for people to spend money as well.

Just a thought.

> 2533274928040440;6:
> Perhaps this could work if you refill ammo for 2 REQs up the initial cost. For example, if you bring a hailstorm to do this (level 3 REQ) it would cost 5 REQ points to refill it’s ammo to the normal initial cost. However if you bring in a level 8 REQ or higher, you can’t do it.
>
> Does this sound good?

Why not drop your hailstorm and get a brand new one for 3 REQ instead of 5? The way it is now, you would pay 3 REQ to refill the ammo. Makes sense as it is now.

> 2533274840474811;15:
> > 2533274928040440;6:
> > Perhaps this could work if you refill ammo for 2 REQs up the initial cost. For example, if you bring a hailstorm to do this (level 3 REQ) it would cost 5 REQ points to refill it’s ammo to the normal initial cost. However if you bring in a level 8 REQ or higher, you can’t do it.
> >
> > Does this sound good?
>
>
> Why not drop your hailstorm and get a brand new one for 3 REQ instead of 5? The way it is now, you would pay 3 REQ to refill the ammo. Makes sense as it is now.

Correct, but if you are on your last hailstorm, or if you have no hailstorm cards, it would be time to refill. Or to conserve REQ cards at the expense of waiting.

> 2533274928040440;13:
> > 2533274861153490;7:
> > > 2533274928040440;6:
> > > Perhaps this could work if you refill ammo for 2 REQs up the initial cost. For example, if you bring a hailstorm to do this (level 3 REQ) it would cost 5 REQ points to refill it’s ammo to the normal initial cost. However if you bring in a level 8 REQ or higher, you can’t do it.
> > >
> > > Does this sound good?
> >
> >
> > It may work better if it was the other way around. Where you pay something like 3-4 REQ in order to fill up ammo for a REQ 5 weapon. If you have to pay more to refill the weapon wouldn’t it be better to just toss it and buy a new one instead?
> >
> > I like the idea though!
>
>
> Thanks!
>
> But if it were to work that way, people would lose more inspiration to buy REQ packs, wouldn’t they?
> Because refilling ammo for a lower cost kinda defeats the purpose of REQ packs in a way. If it were my way, then a real professional would not use the refill if they have the REQ cards, but they would if they do not have said card. It encourages weapon rotation with minimal consequences. In other words, the system encourages to refill ammunition for weapons you do not have REQ access to, and encourages weapon rotation (Prophets Bane anyone?)

I guess it depends on if you have multiple cards or not. (I try to keep a handful of each card). But why would they lose interest? Unless most players are never dying with their Power Weapons I guess I couldn’t see it. But I’m also one of those people that die as soon as I get a Power Weapon and I guess its kind of rewarding to refill it if you are doing good but with time taken into the equation it prevent people from say unloading a Whiplash onto the other team and then refilling and then unloading and rinse and repeat. If it’s a weapon you don’t have certified it should take more or as many REQ (cube things) to refill the weapon and that could depend on rarity or make refilling cards you have certified cost as much as getting a fresh one if you run out of cards. I mean dying after spending 5 REQ (cube things) on something that’s worth 3 would be somewhat bogus since it’s a common phenomena I’ve noticed. Also you may not get the opurtunity to refill if you are on the offensive of a base, but surviving and taking over would allow you to refill if you are good enough. I can go on a lot more about the uses. Maybe a penalty could be that it takes more time for the REQ (Cube things) to recharge.