Using old soundtrack elements if the Flood return

I’d really like to hear that sound from Devils… Monsters… used again. It’s something we haven’t heard since Combat Evolved, which I’ve always found surprising considering how much it still creeps me out when I hear it playing on that elevator. I’m not sure what type of instrument it is (or if it’s electronic sound), but I really think it could be pulled off effectively if the Flood somehow manage to escape containment again.

I would hope they use some awakening the nightmare flood music.

> 2781240841307945;2:
> I would hope they use some awakening the nightmare flood music.

Just gave it a listen, and I think it’d definitely be cool to see more of that stuff. A lot of the tracks do a great job at blending the intense action music with the creepy and ominous sound that you’d expect from a Flood-related soundtrack. It reminds me of CE Anniversary’s soundtrack. Their remasters of the Flood tracks kept the original sounds also adding a bit more punch to the other instruments, which I’ve always really enjoyed.

I’d like Infinite to feature music mostly based on music from Bungie’s games (the main trilogy, ODST and Reach) with a few motifs from Halo 4’s tracks, plus some new additions to fit the new game. I’m hoping for this whether or not the game features the Flood.

> 2535418288909351;3:
> > 2781240841307945;2:
> > I would hope they use some awakening the nightmare flood music.
>
> Just gave it a listen, and I think it’d definitely be cool to see more of that stuff. A lot of the tracks do a great job at blending the intense action music with the creepy and ominous sound that you’d expect from a Flood-related soundtrack. It reminds me of CE Anniversary’s soundtrack. Their remasters of the Flood tracks kept the original sounds also adding a bit more punch to the other instruments, which I’ve always really enjoyed.

I’m not a fan of the “remastered” music from the Anniversary games. I find that very often some instruments (such as the drums) overpower the music, significantly dampening the original melody.

> 2535415876049274;4:
> I’d like Infinite to feature music mostly based on music from Bungie’s games (the main trilogy, ODST and Reach) with a few motifs from Halo 4’s tracks, plus some new additions to fit the new game. I’m hoping for this whether or not the game features the Flood.
>
>
>
>
> > 2535418288909351;3:
> > > 2781240841307945;2:
> > > I would hope they use some awakening the nightmare flood music.
> >
> > Just gave it a listen, and I think it’d definitely be cool to see more of that stuff. A lot of the tracks do a great job at blending the intense action music with the creepy and ominous sound that you’d expect from a Flood-related soundtrack. It reminds me of CE Anniversary’s soundtrack. Their remasters of the Flood tracks kept the original sounds also adding a bit more punch to the other instruments, which I’ve always really enjoyed.
>
> I’m not a fan of the “remastered” music from the Anniversary games. I find that very often some instruments (such as the drums) overpower the music, significantly dampening the original melody.

Yeah I agree, the old music is definitely better even though I do like the new tracks. I actually always play the game on classic graphics just because it’s how I’ve always been used to seeing things. The remastered graphics are too bright and saturated for my taste (especially in the first two Flood missions), but the louder/punchier soundtrack is still fun for me to listen to. That’s why I’ve always liked Halo 2’s Anniversary better, because it feels like they tried to stick much closer to the original stuff (I actually like the Flood missions better in H2A because both the soundtrack and the lighting/environment felt more ominous).